It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HOAX Compilation Thread

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
We're looking to compile a list of known hoaxes/hoaxers on the interwebs so that our members can check this listing when posting links that they feel might be suspect.

Please note that we are looking for known hoaxes and hoaxers, not members who inadvertently posted a story that turned out to be a hoax. No ATS members should be listed here, with the exception of those hoaxers who joined here to discuss their claim.

We'll need the link, the perpetrator, if possible, and the verification/proof that the story is a hoax.

Thank you.

Sorcha Faal
Blossom Goodchild
Serpo
Billy Meier/Michael Horn
Bernard Schnitzel
NESARA - Dove of Oneness
Haiti UFO
Galactic Federation of Light

edit on 30-10-2013 by Crakeur because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

I have one for ya...

healthcare.gov

Author: U.S. Government- known hoaxer and disinfo agent

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

This should be incredibly interesting.

Considering the type of subject matter found here at ATS, calling anything either genuine or a hoax, beyond question... would seem to demand a degree of trust and/or faith in source that all but eliminates an unquestionable certainty.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
What's Bernie's real name and does he have a website?

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

bernardschnitzel.webs.com...

My apologies in advance.

Sorchaa Faal is my addition otherwise.

link   
I would say pressTV

so much stuff that get reported on there thats just anti-western propaganda for the sake of being anti-western never mind the truth.

I know many will disagree with me on this

link   
reply to post by madmac5150

We're looking to compile a serious list and we'd like as little off topic shenanigans as possible so let's stick to the list and not shoot for the laughs.

thanks.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Sorcha Faal and BLossom Goodchild.
If you are making a list ... those two have to be on it.

link   
reply to post by redoubt

we can't include anything on the list that we aren't sure of. for example, if it would go into the HOAX forum here on ATS, we're sure it's not real. Sorcha, those EnemyTanker vids, Billy Meier, Serpo etc.

link   
Good idea for a thread! Maybe the OP can be regularly updated with a full list so there's no need to run through all the posts?

Needless to say, anything written by or referencing anything written by Sorcha Faal

Also, I'd suggest Pravda.ru - whilst they obviously do have some genuine stories, most of those of interest to ATSers are hoaxes (like the 120 million year old map) and I'd suggest any story from there should at least be verified from more reliable sources.
edit on 30-10-2013 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

the staff will update the OP and, eventually, I'd like to move the listing to the HOAX forum.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
is it Galactic Federation of Light that was linked to Blossom Goodchild?

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Yes, it looks like it was.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

I do believe so.

goldenageofgaia.com...

Yup.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
This whole hoax thing stinks to high heaven and you want ATS members to help compile a list for you to make it worse... There's an ever growing list of things here we can't talk about, pictures we can't post, sources we can't use, words being struck out, entire posts being removed, threads vanishing...
I've been on ATS for a long time, contributed alot of time and material here, but over the last several years you guys have gotten, well frankly, creepy with this censorship crap.
Yes censorship.
Now you're literally asking members to contribute to some nefarious compilation of sources you deem to be hoaxers. Awesome.
Anybody else smell that?

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Crakeur
reply to post by redoubt

we can't include anything on the list that we aren't sure of. for example, if it would go into the HOAX forum here on ATS, we're sure it's not real. Sorcha, those EnemyTanker vids, Billy Meier, Serpo etc.

Hey, it's your website and I like it here so... I won't be a problem for ya.

But, that said, you will have no doubt noted the change in how people approach things. Between the time I reregistered here in 2007 and now... this site has shifted from the unexplained (UFOs, abductions, Skinwalker Ranch, Ghosts, etc.) to majority political. You've also surely noted that dialogue is no longer as civil when someone feels their beliefs have been stepped upon. The age of tolerance has given birth to a brand of intolerance that is almost out of hand across the web.

There are Billy Meir believers out there and in here. I personally wasn't there so I can't make any call with certainty... but I fear you may be creating an avenue here for internal division in the membership beyond what already exists.

Thanks for letting me offer my opinion. best wishes on the endeavor, lol.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

the list, as requested by members, is to help those that post things on the site, other than a bi-annual whine about what isn't allowed on ATS, to avoid putting up something that is known to be a hoax.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join