It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

***ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS *** Regarding Those TankerEnemy Chemtrail Videos

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by OneFreeMan

TankerEnemy altered the video to show something that isn't true. The video is a hoax, and will be handled appropriately.

Did he alter the video or commentary? Which is it?

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Either way it was altered and shows something that is not true. This announcement sets the policy of ATS with regards to TankerEnemy videos. He has been caught hoaxing with other videos as well, and ATS has responded accordingly.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

OneFreeMan
Is it sound policy to have a moderator with your views aiding in making suspect decisions like this?
It hardly instils confidence in the reader.

That is why these decisions are made by a consensus after a thorough review and discussion by staff. This was agreed to by staff and this is an announcement of policy, not a debate.

Terms and Conditions of Use

21b) Cooperation: You will, if asked by TAN, cease to Post any content, and/or links to content, deemed offensive, objectionable, or in poor taste by TAN, in its sole discretion.

edit on 11/12/2013 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

This is not a case of someone seeing something and editing their video. The person that shot the original video is not the same as TankerEnemy. He has offered to speak to anyone who wants to ask about the video on his YouTube channel.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by Korg Trinity

It's not a ban on these videos, it's moving then to the hoax forum.

And it's not *my* "ban", the decision was made by the Staff, Admins, and Owners based on the evidence.

This has nothing to do with whether chemtrails are real or not, nor my neutrality when it comes to actioning that forum. This only has to do with TankerEnemy videos.

And who brought what evidence in front of which members of staff?

You see my point. It looks and smells extremely dodgy.... You are a known prolific nonbeliever and Debunker of the chemtrail theory...

You then get promoted to staff most likely for being able to fly a plane.... which is not that hard these days!!

The next thing I see is a post announcement removing or defrocking a piece of evidence. I call in to question your motives here, because I'm calling into question the validity of the video you have used.

If you have nothing to hide then why not share here your reasoning for this action.

Because from where I'm sat it looks like a constructed move to discredit without sufficient evidence.

Korg.

edit on 13-11-2013 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

The reasons I was made staff have nothing to do with my background.

The simple fact is TankerEnemy hoaxed this video and others and after examining the evidence the staff as a whole felt that there was enough evidence to come to this decision. The decision was discussed and decided.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

It's pretty simple. We will not help drive traffic and ad views that generate revenue to a Youtube channel that hoaxes videos to make its owner money. Why would anyone want to support that?

There's enough bollocks surrounding these topics already, hoaxers sucking in the less experienced or those with a dogmatic worldview does no good. It actually does harm to those who are genuinely trying to research things.

Once we know a channel has hoaxed a video it gets no links and goes straight to the HOAX forum where it belongs.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join