It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Government Assassination of a kid from Denver.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

bigman88

Indigo5
reply to post by bigman88

Anwar al-Alwaki's last video message conveys well his sentiment..

"Don't consult with anyone on the killing of Americans. Fighting the Devil doesn't require consultation or prayers seeking divine guidance. They are the party of the devils."
www.telegraph.co.uk...

It looks like you have fallen for their slick deception.

He wasn't saying that Americans are the devil and that they must be fought, he was saying that the the people who want to kill Americans are devils, and are to be avoided and not consulted with. He then says that it is a fight between us, and them. "Them" being the ones who wish to kill Americans, and the greedy, inept rulers middle eastern nations he mentions.

Try harder, dude. This was half assed.

WTF??? Where to begin on this one? The link I provided has actual video of what he said...no confusion there...and before Youtube pulled the other vids at the request of Gov. Al-Alwaki had a tonnage of Al-Qaida recruiting videos he posted calling for the death of Americans???

YOU cited a video FROM 2001

I Cited a video from 2011

Nine years later, from his hide-out in Yemen, Mr. Awlaki has declared war on the United States.

“America as a whole has turned into a nation of evil,” he said in a statement posted on extremist Web sites in March. Though he had spent 21 of his 39 years in the United States, he added, “I eventually came to the conclusion that jihad against America is binding upon myself, just as it is binding on every other able Muslim.”

Imam’s Path From Condemning Terror to Preaching Jihad
www.nytimes.com...

edit on 31-10-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

He made threats on a video.

As far as I know, the United States still has a Constitution, and it says that you have a right to a trial by a jury of your peers.

There was no trial, he was executed without the benefit of a trial... even a trial in absentia.

His son was also executed.... apparently for the sins of his father. Is that allowable now, in accordance with our Constitution?

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin
Now, as a Professor of Constitutional law I am extremely surprised that it seems the Obama Administration seems to be unaware or just ignores the 5th Amendment.

Hmmmm... are you really?

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Now, as a Professor of Constitutional law I am extremely surprised that it seems the Obama Administration seems to be unaware or just ignores the 5th Amendment

I am a idiot, not a constitutional law professor

Let me be clear i was talking about Obama as a constitutional law professor not myself, I did not realize how that line sounded until I read it back.

Just want to make it clear I was talking about Obama who once taught constitutional law

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin

Now, as a Professor of Constitutional law I am extremely surprised that it seems the Obama Administration seems to be unaware or just ignores the 5th Amendment

Let me be clear i was talking about Obama as a constitutional law professor not myself, I did not realize how that line sounded until I read it back.

Just want to make it clear I was talking about Obama who once taught constitutional law

Very good. Thank you for the clarification.

Please ignore anything that may or may not have been said....

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin

And I thought you were a nurse.

Have a star for your honesty!

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

OratoryHeist

OtherSideOfTheCoin
Now, as a Professor of Constitutional law I am extremely surprised that it seems the Obama Administration seems to be unaware or just ignores the 5th Amendment.

Hmmmm... are you really?

No i am not as i have said i was talking about Obama, I just didn't quite catch how it sounded but please do not judge this thread based on that first line.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I dont judge the thread based on that. Its still a great thread.

And we were just talking yesterday about being careful when you write and making sure to proofread and how easy it is to be misunderstood!

HA... lessons all...

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

No because they didn't in this case. Clearly the boy did not try and knife them...it was blatant. So this is our new world, our new country, no trials needed no proof needed there are many innocent young and old persons who have died in this false war!

I believe pre-emptive attacks are now called "The Bush Doctrine". You know the thing Palin didn't know in her Katie Couric interview.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Kudos OP, this needs to be brought to everyone's attention.

TPTB don't want a human face attached to the war on terror, let alone a child's face, they are more then happy for the media to assign casualties to numbers because numbers are arbitrary and impersonal.

No one hears the story of Fawad the grocer, but everyone hears about the '20 percent rise of Islamist migrants' and thanks to be bush admin Islam is now evil, so poor Fawad becomes a victim of numeracy.

I agree that we need to rid the world of the dangerous fanatics, but the way the U.S and it's supporters have carried it out is not the way to go, surely there are better ways.

But yet again the U.S govt has shot themselves in the foot and are blaming someone else.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Fat chance of ever figuring this one out. Our constitutional rights are being squashed here in the states. Being in Yemen absolves the government of any explanations, conveniently.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

benrl
This is a moral question not a legal one.

Legal issues tend to be black and white. "This is legal, this is illegal."

Moral issues can have a massive gray area. "This is immoral, but the same act in a different circumstance is moral."

Devout Jews and Muslims believe it is immoral to eat pork. Should they have any say over whether I eat ham? Or is it only your idea of morality that's valid?

We can argue about morals all day and it won't change my moral compass or yours, so making it a moral issue is not at all productive.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

OratoryHeist

OtherSideOfTheCoin

Hmmmm... are you really?

It was a grammatical error. He was referring to BHO as having been a prof of const. law - in other words he wasn't referring to himself.

EDIT: Had you been reading the thread you would have seen this

"I am a idiot, not a constitutional law professor

Just want to make it clear I was talking about Obama who once taught constitutional law "

edit on 31-10-2013 by XionZap because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

You truly cannot go a thread without mention GW, can you?

I think the instance to use here is Ruby Ridge. If you are not familiar, read up on it. This is when the government truly started to 'practice' on us as a country.

The ROE for it was unwarranted and were found to be unneeded also. For a few sawed off shotguns this man lost a wife, a son and the life he tried to have off the grid. He was protecting his land.

How about Rainbow farm? Probably have never heard of it but another instance where 'snipers' were used, and in this one, the complex was burned in a similar fashion to the death of the Chris Dorner who supposedly 'set a fire' and then died inside. After all that he ended like that..I do not think so.

The government has set the precedent to do anything to anyone anywhere. What happens to the first drone strike on US soil? I mean, we all know it is coming right?

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Indigo5

bigman88

Indigo5

"Don't consult with anyone on the killing of Americans. Fighting the Devil doesn't require consultation or prayers seeking divine guidance. They are the party of the devils."
www.telegraph.co.uk...

It looks like you have fallen for their slick deception.

He wasn't saying that Americans are the devil and that they must be fought, he was saying that the the people who want to kill Americans are devils, and are to be avoided and not consulted with. He then says that it is a fight between us, and them. "Them" being the ones who wish to kill Americans, and the greedy, inept rulers middle eastern nations he mentions.

Try harder, dude. This was half assed.

WTF??? Where to begin on this one? The link I provided has actual video of what he said...no confusion there...and before Youtube pulled the other vids at the request of Gov. Al-Alwaki had a tonnage of Al-Qaida recruiting videos he posted calling for the death of Americans???

YOU cited a video FROM 2001

I Cited a video from 2011

Nine years later, from his hide-out in Yemen, Mr. Awlaki has declared war on the United States.

“America as a whole has turned into a nation of evil,” he said in a statement posted on extremist Web sites in March. Though he had spent 21 of his 39 years in the United States, he added, “I eventually came to the conclusion that jihad against America is binding upon myself, just as it is binding on every other able Muslim.”

Imam’s Path From Condemning Terror to Preaching Jihad
www.nytimes.com...

edit on 31-10-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

There us plenty of confusion. Nowhere in the video does he say that Americans are the devil, but the ones who want to kill American are devils. Then he goes on to say that the middle eastern allies of America are also devils. Open your mind, and watch that clip you linked me again, and quote to me where he says American's are the devil.

Now these quotes form a New York times article? Where is the video of him saying these things? What other source, other then the MSM New York Times, does he say this? Where is the concrete evidence, other than the words on quotation marks presented here in this article?

I am not someone to ignore hard evidence like plenty of people do. If I see this man saying these things in a video, I will promptly admit my being wrong about Anwar. I watched his speech from 2001 and this vid you showed me, and in both of them he denounces terrorism. But for the one you showed me, the article that accompanies that video twists it; it can easily be misconstrued as him saying that Americans are devils, but to anyone who is listening, he does not say this. So she me something, other than the account of the New York Times, that says he did say this.

I do really want to know...

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

bigman88

There us plenty of confusion. Nowhere in the video does he say that Americans are the devil, but the ones who want to kill American are devils. Then he goes on to say that the middle eastern allies of America are also devils. Open your mind, and watch that clip you linked me again, and quote to me where he says American's are the devil.

Now these quotes form a New York times article? Where is the video of him saying these things? What other source, other then the MSM New York Times, does he say this? Where is the concrete evidence, other than the words on quotation marks presented here in this article?

RIGHT HERE...ALREADY POSTED..>VIDEO AND ALL

Indigo5

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I have rarely seen a less well thought out response on ATS....let me see if I can address your points.

1) The first paragraph makes little sense to me...perhaps you should read the Constitution...EVERY American citizen is guaranteed the right to due process. The US CANNOT UNDER THE LAW, exterminate US citizens without a trial!! No exceptions!! Either the US is a country of laws or it isn't.

2) Do you lose your American citizenship if you leave the country? NO. So the rights guaranteed under the Constitution apply to ALL Americans, whether they are in the country or not. The Constitution says nothing about forfeiting the rights guaranteed you because you are out of the country.

3) There is no immunity here...if you are suspected of plotting to kill Americans, it is the burden of the state to prove it in a court of LAW.

Hope this clears up your confusion.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Okeyd57

There is not really much to figure out.

They murdered a 16 year old boy and as yet have not presented any explanation for this crime

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

deadcalm
I have rarely seen a less well thought out response on ATS....let me see if I can address your points.

1) The first paragraph makes little sense to me...perhaps you should read the Constitution...EVERY American citizen is guaranteed the right to due process. The US CANNOT UNDER THE LAW, exterminate US citizens without a trial!! No exceptions!! Either the US is a country of laws or it isn't.

2) Do you lose your American citizenship if you leave the country? NO. So the rights guaranteed under the Constitution apply to ALL Americans, whether they are in the country or not. The Constitution says nothing about forfeiting the rights guaranteed you because you are out of the country.

3) There is no immunity here...if you are suspected of plotting to kill Americans, it is the burden of the state to prove it in a court of LAW.

Hope this clears up your confusion.

Spot on. Once we decide to do away with concepts like 'due process' we are exactly who we are supposed to be against. This is one reason why we have embassies and diplomatic staff, so that Americans overseas still have access to legal representation guaranteed under our constitution. Just because an American citizen is abroad doesnt mean they lose their rights as an American. It would be one thing if Yemen picked this kid up and had evidence against him but no, the executive branch has usurped the powers of the Judicial in these instances of execution with no due process.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

There is not really much to figure out. They murdered a 16 year old boy and as yet have not presented any explanation for this crime

I agree and If nobody has said it yet here, the drones have got to go because sure as heck they will be armed here in North America and proclaimed that they are all " for the good of the country"

You can't fight drones and you can't hide.
In my opinion they are the most ruthless accurate murder/assassination machines ever built and they are only getting improved.

Sweet dreams everybody.

S&F
Regards, Iwinder

edit was to add they are the most cowardly too in my opinion only.
edit on 31-10-2013 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join