It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain : We'll Pass Immigration Changes After GOP Primaries

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Is it any wonder the GOP is losing ground with liars and schemer's like the infamous John McCain. I don't think so. Unfortunately there seem to be others he believes will stand with him "after House Republicans make it through their primaries." In other words "We're going to lie to you (again) to get elected and then do as we please." Just like McCain and his ilk have done before. According to the CBO (congressional budget office) passing immigration "reform" is going to lower wages for working class Americans.

McCain : We'll Try to Pass Immigration Changes After GOP Primaries

Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) gave the clearest indication that proponents of comprehensive immigration reform may make their final--and strongest--push to get legislation passed next year after House Republicans make it through their primaries.

“I think conventional wisdom is that time is not on our side,” McCain told reporters on Monday after an event in Chicago. “But there are a number of members of Congress who have primaries and when those primaries are done, they may be more inclined to address the issue of comprehensive immigration reform.”

"May be more inclined" is obviously code for now that we're elected we can do as we please. McCain is an old pro at this.

In 2010, McCain made a right turn on immigration, infamously promising to "complete the danged fence" as he was fighting for his political life to win re-election in Arizona. Shortly after he got elected to serve another term, McCain quickly lurched back to the left, becoming a champion for comprehensive immigration reform and calling Tea Partiers whose support he needed in 2010 "hobbits" and "wacko birds."

That anyone would fall for this guys total BS simply astounds me. Here's McCain talking border security before he was re-elected.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I liked that dressing down he got at the town meeting.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

greencmp
reply to post by Bassago

I liked that dressing down he got at the town meeting.

Yeah me too. I wish that marine had made a citizens arrest on the scumbag. Then the phrase "tar and feathers" comes to mind. That would be a minimum sentence of course.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Reform is a complex issue, flooding the economy with minimum wage labor could be extremely bad if not handled properly.

The Republican Party is losing ground partly because they have failed to engage minorities. It's shooting themselves in the foot, minorities are not one voting block.

They don't all want the same thing and both parties are tearing them like they do.

I know many Hispanics who are staunch conservatives, the neo-cons have made it near impossible to gain that vote.

Demographics alone tell us the Republican Party may fade away in 10-20 years if they don't do something.

That something is getting rid of dinosaurs like McCain and find middle ground between the party extremes.

It's why the dems are so successful in those demographics, it's not because they are better, it's because they are not actively trying to upset those demographics by pandering to hard liners.

Frankly both parties need to go away as both have marched us down this path of insanity.

Imigration reform is just the next bloated government program that will end in disaster.

Not because the idea is bad, because the death of compromise between the parties will turn it into a bigger abortion than the ACA.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I sometimes think McCain has gone senile... and not because of any single political point. But because he's become so doggone erratic.

I mean, it's not like he's driving down the middle of the political highway. He's all the hell over it; swerving and veering from guardrail to guardrail! If not for his Nam service and years in the Senate, he'd be arrested for reckless driving under the dome!

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Every politician that takes lobbying money to the detriment of the people should be in chains.

Mccains in the defense lobby's pocket, why else was he meeting with Syrian rebels, to ensure they get the very best American arms manufactures have to sell them, all with tax payer money we give them.

Only way that makes sense is out reps are being bribed to funnel money into private contractors.

It happens every day and is the root cause of most of Americas ills.

McCain and his Ilk should be facing public trials but what do you expect when they make the rules.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

benrl
Reform is a complex issue, flooding the economy with minimum wage labor could be extremely bad if not handled properly.

It's why the dems are so successful in those demographics, it's not because they are better, it's because they are not actively trying to upset those demographics by pandering to hard liners.

Frankly both parties need to go away as both have marched us down this path of insanity.

The word "reform" is a red herring. It gets tossed about all the time. Dems us it to mean amnesty, reps use it to mean doing whatever corporate interests tell them. You're right though both parties have lead us down the path of insanity.

The dems and reps are successful in their demographics because they pander to their base. Whether minorities or corporate. I think the republican problem is their base (corporations) want a flood of cheap labor and it's caught them wrong footed.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

'Infamous'? I used to be impressed by him actually. The man's a genuine war hero. Of course that was before he chose Sarah Palin as a running mate. Then I knew that he was an unprincipled pillock who then swung disgustingly rightwards.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

The man's a genuine war hero. Of course that was before he chose Sarah Palin as a running mate. Then I knew that he was an unprincipled pillock who then swung disgustingly rightwards.

Isn't it amazing the weight we lend to that which resides in the shallowest end of our pond?

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

redoubt

The man's a genuine war hero. Of course that was before he chose Sarah Palin as a running mate. Then I knew that he was an unprincipled pillock who then swung disgustingly rightwards.

Isn't it amazing the weight we lend to that which resides in the shallowest end of our pond?

Yes I agree that the right wing are morons. Well said.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

'Infamous'? I used to be impressed by him actually. The man's a genuine war hero. Of course that was before he chose Sarah Palin as a running mate. Then I knew that he was an unprincipled pillock who then swung disgustingly rightwards.

Whatever status as hero McCain once had he has squandered in his drive for self aggrandizement and profit. He chose Palin because he thought it would help him not because of any deep held ideology. The man (term used loosely) is the ultimate shape-shifter. Warmonger and RINO who has proven again and again he will sell out at the drop of a hat.

While it's a tough contest perhaps the only politician more despicable is Diane Feinstein. Both should be on trial for treason, not occupying a political office.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

AngryCymraeg

redoubt

Yes I agree that the right wing are morons. Well said.

Well, actually, no... but, I think you know what I meant.

Nevermind.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Big business needs these slaves, and will fight for more. As the new dictator changes America, and we become a part time country, there will be a need for many, many new part time workers, therefore, open borders. lobbyist are padding the pockets and paving the way. One thing I have noticed, as my facility has many positions open, the only americans applying are for managment jobs, EVERY other position has ONLY non americans applying. Where are all of these "cant find a job" lazy americans? I am not for immigration reform one bit, but our leaders are screwing the system up beyond repair, I will eventually be forced to learn spanish or............

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
The only "reform" possible would be to actually enforce the laws on the books.
Everything else under the sun is being allowed and even hard felons are being released rather than deported.
The first party who will respond to the wants of the working class can clean up the elections but first they'd have to boot all the lobbyists out of their offices.

Has everyone forgotten the last wave of immigration amnesty was done under a Republican President??
Both parties are out to screw the citizens over to expand their voter base and placate their corporate sponsors.
If a 3rd party cannot rise and actually win some elections this country is doomed.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Asktheanimals
The only "reform" possible would be to actually enforce the laws on the books.

If a 3rd party cannot rise and actually win some elections this country is doomed.

Of these two statements the first should be carved in stone and placed above the doors of the congressional chamber. The second on every billboard and TV station in America until the herd actually wakes up.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Actually McCain is the perfect representation for the GOP as the republicans seem to have taken up residence in some sort of surrealistic political neitherworld. Between the right wing Christians, warhawks, rabid KKK type racists, Rush/Sean worshipers, the big tent log cabinites and outright misogynists; I doubt if they can come up with a platform resembling reality. However their universal hatred of Obama is the only real cohesiveness they got but even that isn't enough to win much of anything. Especially with the Tea Party siphoning off many of the once faithful.

American politics is the greatest show in town and the Palin/McCain run for the WH will go down in history as classic USA politics.

edit on 30-10-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

olaru12
Actually McCain is the perfect representation for the GOP as the republicans seem to have taken up residence in some sort of surrealistic political neitherworld. Between the right wing Christians, warhawks, rabid KKK type racists, Rush/Sean worshipers, the big tent log cabinites and outright misogynists; I doubt if they can come up with a platform resembling reality. However their universal hatred of Obama is the only real cohesiveness they got but even that isn't enough to win much of anything. Especially with the Tea Party siphoning off many of the once faithful.

American politics is the greatest show in town.

Yup, amusing ain't it?

join