It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA Tapped The Pope

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Not my headline but from here.

www.zerohedge.com...

I'm not sure what proof they have yet and from the article...

Asked to comment on the report, Vatican spokesman Father Federico Lombardi said: "We are not aware of anything on this issue and in any case we have no concerns about it."

The reasons given for spying on him, according again to the magazine article due to be published tomorrow are

Panorama said the recorded Vatican phone calls were catalogued by the NSA in four categories - leadership intentions, threats to the financial system, foreign policy objectives and human rights.

Well this is sure to make America even more popular around the world. Is there anyone left to piss off?

edit on k122810bpmWed, 30 Oct 2013 12:28:31 -0500 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Give the NSA time, they will find someone else, or government, there is south America and Asia yet, in any case, I would bet good money the Russians, Chinese, EU, are all at it.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Can we just list the people the NSA havent tapped?

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I think it is safe to assume at this point that the NSA has at one point tapped every major world leader for one reason or another.

Now we have to wonder, what will the international community do about these broad privacy violations.

Obviously every major world power likely has its spies hidden in pockets, but this just out in the air.

Interesting developments, or no developments is my guess.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

crazyewok

Nick Clegg...no point.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Wow, the NSA said recently that they DON'T use the data they collect for financial gain.

Yikes, this is starting to unravel pretty quick. Every day I wake up and more and more about this NSA thing is being published.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

khimbar

crazyewok

Nick Clegg...no point.

I can imagine him jumping up and aksing the NSA to tap him so he can feel part of the club

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

Next we'll find out that the NSA has bugs in all the Catholic Church's confessionals. "Bless me daddy, for I have sinned....wait, what's this?"

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

"Bless Me Daddy For I Have Sinned"....i think i saw that movie.

Regarding the OP....it is wholly unsurprising. THe Vatican is one of the most powerful places on Earth.

I bet Bilderberg meetings get tapped, too.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I can hear it now...

"No, I want updated communion wafers. It's 2013 and we need to be 'hip'. Maybe we can flavor them with vanilla or something. I mean, attendance is down after all and they do taste good with milk anyway."

-or-

"People really think we have a chronovisor down in the basement, what they really don't know is that it's just a kaleidoscope."

ETA: I bet they were some pretty boring and dry telephone calls. I don't really buy into the Vatican conspiracies.
edit on 30-10-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Somebody at the NSA is going to hell for "tapping the Pope". No doubt about it.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
All this NSA crap in the headlines, I wonder what the left hand is getting ready or is doing?

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by Aleister

"Bless Me Daddy For I Have Sinned"....i think i saw that movie.

Regarding the OP....it is wholly unsurprising. THe Vatican is one of the most powerful places on Earth.

I bet Bilderberg meetings get tapped, too.

I'll take that bet.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

BugOut
Somebody at the NSA is going to hell for "tapping the Pope". No doubt about it.

They've probably got that tapped too.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I'm sure the new pope is causing consternation in many quarters, the trouble is, he seems a bit -- er, religious you know ....

He may be stealthy, but he's a loose cannon nevertheless.
We'll see what he does with the German bishop he suspended for his lavish spending -- that will give further notice of his intent perhaps ...?

For some reason the world's best telescopes belong to the Vatican, so keep an eye out on EBay.

mistersmith.

"I forgot why I joined the French Foreign Legion," Maurice Chevalier.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

mistersmith

For some reason the world's best telescopes belong to the Vatican, so keep an eye out on EBay.

If Galileo read that he'd be turning over in his grave.

Then again, if he were reading it it would mean he'd have a laptop and a Wi-Fi link in his grave, so there wouldn't be much room left over to be turning.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
The Popes own servant hacked the Pope. He was fired when he got caught. He fired two Bishops for stealing and then a third Popes Personal Staff guy . The staff guy was the one caught looking through the Popes personal Diary.

Story on two bishops fired. Can't find the staff guy who was fired for going through the Popes personal books.
ncronline.org...

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
has he been calling the boyscouts of america?

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

crazyewok

Unfortunately that list consist mostly of Aboriginals and Amish.

BUt never fear the Trusty NSA is diligently working to tap that untapped intelligence resource that is throwback societies like the Amish and Aboriginals.

Soon we will be safe from their terrorist wood working, and stone aged tools respectively.

Never Fear the trusted individuals working to ensure your safety will continue to grossly violate civil rights for your protection where ever privacy is found.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
For a moment there, I thought the heading meant the NSA were looking for a few bob off of his Holiness

I bet Gen. Alexander is wishing more and more he hadn't done the Youtube video with his gobsmacking rationale all over it. Scratch that, the man knows not what he says.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join