It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If it gets bad enough, someone will call. "RING RING RING"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Your phone is ringing. It really is time to pay attention. Today regulators gave final approval to begin removal of the spent fuel rods in the Unit 4 spent fuel pool - a task previously done by computers that will be done manually. There is enough explosive power dangling at Fukushima to equal 14,000 Hiroshimas. It's time to tune in to this disaster being artfully hidden from the world.

TOKYO (AP) — Japanese regulators on Wednesday gave final approval for the removal of fuel rods from an uncontained cooling pool at a damaged reactor building considered the highest risk at a crippled nuclear plant.

Removing the fuel rods from the Unit 4 cooling pool is the first major step in a decommissioning process that is expected to last decades at the Fukushima Dai-ichi plant, where three reactors melted down after the March 2011 earthquake and tsunami.

The Nuclear Regulation Authority said at its weekly meeting that the proposal by the plant's operator, Tokyo Electric Power Co., is appropriate and that the removal can start in November as planned.

Source

"Ring Ring Ring"

It's time we all understand the conspiracy of silence that is attempting to hide the greatest threat facing life on this planet...with no end. It's time to understand how we got where we are and what lies ahead for all of us. Ring Ring Ring.

If you think they aren't deliberately hiding the horror of Fukushima from the world, ask yourself why you aren't allowed to see the radiation - when they have clearly been able to see it from day 1 of this disaster. Why is the footage that makes radiation visible being hidden from you? If there is no smoke, and no fire, then there must be no disaster? Right? Wrong!

Days after the nuclear disaster was declared, it was revealed that not only are there cameras which can show the radioactive clouds - but they have been recording at Fukushima the entire time. Ask yourselves...if there was nothing to hide, why has this footage never been shared. Why is it STILL being hidden?

Israeli firm’s cameras recording Japanese nuclear core

As the world continues to gaze with concern at Japan’s Fukushima nuclear power plant, hi-tech security cameras installed by an Israeli defense firm are recording events at the troubled core from an insider’s vantage point.

The Arava-based Magna BSP company, which specializes in producing and installing stereoscopic sensory and thermal imaging cameras, had been contracted to place cameras around one of the plant’s six cores – the core that has been experiencing explosions and overheating.

Speaking to The Jerusalem Post on Monday, Magna’s head, Haim Siboni, said the thermal cameras also had the ability to detect the presence of radioactive clouds in the air, but added that Magna had not been able to gain access to the images recorded by the cameras at this time.

“Because we are using these special cameras, we can also identify radioactive clouds, due to the spectrum that our cameras can sense,” Siboni said.

Although Magna is able to gain remote access to its computer system, which receives the cameras’ images, Siboni said his company had not yet been authorized to do so.

“We have not been allowed to take control remotely yet,” Siboni said.

Source

Good morning dear people, this is your wake up call.

They are going in....and to say TEPCO's track record is a little shaky...is an understatement. Something they are oh so good at.

Ring Ring Ring....

edit on 30-10-2013 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

There is enough explosive power dangling at Fukushima to equal 14,000 Hiroshima's. It's time to tune in to this disaster being artfully hidden from the world.

Thank you for starting this thread. Just a note… The danger from the fuel rods is not "explosive" like 14,000 bombs, its that the danger from the contamination if the fuel in the #4 pool catches fire will amount to more fallout than 14000 Hiroshima sized bombs.

Also, they are beginning to try and remove the new fuel rods first. The ones that were scheduled to be installed in the reactor when the quake hit. They are a lot less dangerous to move and store as they have not yet been exposed in a reactor. Removing them first will lessen the threat if the other far more dangerous fuel rods should catch fire during their removal.

ETA:

enenews.com...
edit on 30-10-2013 by intrptr because: link

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Glad to see you here. I have appreciated your posts and knowledge in the mega threads! Fukushima...the hits just keep coming.

TEPCO's track record makes any removal concerning. And their history of covering up the scope of the disaster makes one ask, "Will we even know or will the fact that their radiation fire can be hidden be their salvation and the world's demise?"

Thank you for adding your knowledge! Always appreciated!

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I'm wondering why the picture in OP is primarily GREEN

Cherenkov Radiation glow in nuclear reactors is BLUE:

Makes me wonder about the rest of the validity of the article.

EDIT: Additionally, all this rhetoric about the biggest threat the world has ever known is a bit over the top. Sure it's a disaster and indeed serious, but, in terms of nuclear contamination, we've detonated 2053 BOMBS on the planet Many of them MEGATON range compared to Hiroshima's tiny Kiloton explosion -

edit on 10/30/2013 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

TEPCO's track record makes any removal concerning. And their history of covering up the scope of the disaster makes one ask, "Will we even know or will the fact that their radiation fire can be hidden be their salvation and the world's demise?"

The worst case scenario is a mishap that starts an uncontrolled chain reaction with some portion of the fuel in the pools. This has already occurred there in all the fuel pools at the site during the meltdowns. Each pool is unique and has its own issues.

The most physically unstable pool and the most dangerous due to the amount of fuel stored there is #4. It also contains valuable unused fuel they want to remove while they can still occupy the site. They have covered it (#4) with a new structure to prevent effects from rain and wind jostling the hoists during removal. They also have installed filters to supposedly catch any radioactive emissions should a small mishap occur during operations. It will take a long time to remove each fuel rod assembly or chassis that contains several fuel rod bundles.

They will slowly lift each one, viewing the process with cameras and stop if they encounter problems. Then painstakingly pick at debris from the explosions that may have found its way into the racks with little robots. As they remove the rod assemblies higher and higher out of the racks any loose debris could fall back into the pool and cause problems.

The fuel rods themselves are weakened by corrosion and or impacts from falling debris. It would be like opening a straw containing a stack of batteries (fuel Pellets) as they spill out to the bottom of the tank.

This is a very delicate operation. I don't envy any of the people that are in charge of this.

If there was some sort of mishap that resulted in a release of radiation we might be able to see that if Tepco released it to the public, but I doubt that. More likely it will be some sneaky John Q. Public that gets close enough to catch a plume of steam or an explosion of hydrogen gas on camera.

Otherwise we are in the dark.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

Its GREEN because of the low light camera that was used to film it. Heres the video…

Your Cherenkov pic is from a working reactor by the way, not the #4 spent fuel pool. But you know that.

As well how misleading it is to compare nuclear bombs with nuclear reactors.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
No offense. Exact same discussion already here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
" There is enough explosive power dangling at Fukushima to equal 14,000 Hiroshimas. "

Er.. How likely is this to actually happen.. could japan go Boom to that tune? How remotely possible is this.. and whats the fallout going to be like..

forget global warming, that could destroy the planet.. I'm sure they got Nukes in Japan too you know just like we do and everyone else does.. could they also get triggered?

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Pimpintology

No, both Threads are as different as the whole Discussion about this Topic!

I try to keep all this Pseudo-Information out of my Threads!

edit on 30-10-2013 by Human0815 because: remove something

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Thank you for overviewing the process! What I find so worrisome is the complete video blackout Tepco has been permitted in all its processes. How does a company with a nuclear facility this out of control have such absolute worldwide control over the information flow? Even when the UN made a show of going in just a week or so ago they never addressed the problems at the plant. Their entire report was about clean up off site and once again the need to attempt to establish some new higher normal for radiation. Nothing about the nuclear facility! Since when did the UN become so whipped?

I also find it beyond all comprehension that TEPCO has been allowed to hide the Magna footage and or photos that is likely still streaming live in someone's locked inner office. The day that radiation left Japan's shores is the day they lost the right to exclusively oversee this operation...and yet Japan and TEPCO are still dictating the rules???

As the operations to remove fuel rods proceeds, what do you think the conditions of them will be? Following the early seawater cooling and all that has happened since, what risks will be present in these rod conditions? How would they go about removing damaged rods?

Thanks again for sharing your knowledge! Has this been tried manually before, even in simulations with a damaged pool? It sounds like a twisted game of pick up sticks!

First it was whack a mole and now it's pick up sticks. Not to mention all the leaking, leaking everywhere. I have never seen any odds on completing #4 removal completely without incident. I can't imagine how stacked against us those odds must be.

Has anyone heard a firm date to begin? Thanks!

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Since when did the UN become so whipped?

Some think since this guy became head of IAEA… He's Japanese

www.iaea.org...

The day that radiation left Japan's shores is the day they lost the right to exclusively oversee this operation…and yet Japan and TEPCO are still dictating the rules???

It would seem. Problem is Tepco owns the media like the corporations in the US do. What they don't want aired isn't. I know they have footage too. Would love to / Will never see ---that. What they need is a good ole whistle blower dump.

Tepco took over right away early on Saturday when the plants first began to experience trouble. I saw some NHK footage on Saturday I have not seen since. Security camera footage of men in hard hats running, looking back.

And I also believe other governments also have access to it. You covered the Israeli angle pretty good.

As the operations to remove fuel rods proceeds, what do you think the conditions of them will be? Following the early seawater cooling and all that has happened since, what risks will be present in these rod conditions? How would they go about removing damaged rods?

If I haven't linked it yet here is a good read or two. The PDF is a bit involved you can scroll down in the table of contents to "removal of fuel rods" page 17. This is a Tepco report, by the way. It lists their intentions…

PDF on line

truth-out.org...

The second one relates what could be a problem with the fuel removal. Beginning of November is when they are scheduled to begin removal of the new fuel rods in spent fuel pool #4.

Hope that helps.

intrptr out

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
well the crains are moving,, and they did say around the first of Nov.,,,u know the Japanese, how they like too be a little early,,when fortune/chaos are at stake,,,i think there is a Chinese?/Japanese saying,, or Symbol? anyone?

ya there lifting something big.
edit on 10/31/2013 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   

anyone want too guess?

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
just another live pic and bump,,,hurry hurry,, may be last images comming out,, if gov. has there way.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

whatever it is, its glowing,, and seems too effect the particle electrons on the cam screen. yes its possible.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

well the birds are leaving

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   

JohnPhoenix
" There is enough explosive power dangling at Fukushima to equal 14,000 Hiroshimas. "

Er.. How likely is this to actually happen.. could japan go Boom to that tune? How remotely possible is this.. and whats the fallout going to be like..

forget global warming, that could destroy the planet.. I'm sure they got Nukes in Japan too you know just like we do and everyone else does.. could they also get triggered?

Great questions JohnPhoenix... I'm also wondering what the answers to your questions are??? It's nerve wracking to think of, but I would like real facts of what exactly could happen, if anyone has a good idea???

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   

BobAthome
reply to post by BobAthome

whatever it is, its glowing,, and seems too effect the particle electrons on the cam screen. yes its possible.

Effected particle electrons on the cam screen! Is that what is causing these images to seem strange, out of focus in some areas, parts of crane which seem obscured by clouds/mist/steam? As an example the bottom right hand area of the pics all seem to have a square which appears to be out of focus? Just asking as they do seem a bit odd!
edit on 31/10/13 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   

AliceBleachWhite

Makes me wonder about the rest of the validity of the article.

EDIT: Additionally, all this rhetoric about the biggest threat the world has ever known is a bit over the top. Sure it's a disaster and indeed serious, but, in terms of nuclear contamination, we've detonated 2053 BOMBS on the planet Many of them MEGATON range compared to Hiroshima's tiny Kiloton explosion -

edit on 10/30/2013 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

If it wasn't sensationalist you wouldn't have opened the thread.
That's the whole point.
Someone gets some wild idea in their head, convinces them selves they are right, and then sets out to convince everyone else with sensationalist behavior.
This is ATS, everyone should be used to this by now.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
As it has been mentioned before, it's not explosive and can't be without proper ignition and I don't even think it's the right element in the first place. You need plutonium and uranium and a dash of gunpowder I think? Either way, the worst case scenario is if another natural disaster happens and poof, major nuclear spill and japan gets seriously screwed for life. I'm not sure just how bad it would be for the rest of the world, but I'm pretty sure over time we would have to wear hasmat suits and eat pills haha. Just kidding, probably won't happen, but if it did, I will be content with my life either way. =)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join