It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French Supporting Muslim Terrorist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
As we all discuss the war on terrorism in Iraq and a Marine gets hell for a questionable insident, the FRENCH have basically declared war on democracy in the Ivory Coast. Moreover the French are supporting the Muslin terrorist in the north. Has France become the next target against Islamic terrorisim?

globalsecurity.org...

[edit on 16-11-2004 by DrHoracid]

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Must...resist......France...jokes....must...RESIST!!!!!

(I am half French too!)

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
The French word for "terrorist"?

"customer"

Just kidding!!!

(Couldn't resist) Interesting article.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
LMAO
Propaganda at its best..
This is the same democracy that tells it�s citizens to kill foreigners on tv?
He calls the international community for support.. he is great. They set up an arms embargo on him.

Guess we now know where comical Ali went.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
This does not surprise me, but France will be held to a different standard than the US. Trust me on this one.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Jaque pulled a Dubya!!!! I love it!!!! Hypocrisy at its best...

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
The title here was a typo but it fit the issue. I love Karma

Yes, Ed, France will be held to a different standard. Globalsecurity.org has a pretty good history of the entire issue there. Chriac is a terrorist supporter no doubt.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The French also supported Gbagbo at one time. Were they right then?

Just because someone is a christian does not make them an honorable man. Just because someone is a muslim and a rebel does not make them a terrorist. There is more to the Ivory Coast than CBN is acknowledging.

11/27/00
Backed by France, Ivory Coast's former colonial power, Laurent Gbagbo was sworn in as president of Ivory Coast in the presidential palace. Gbagbo said he will not hold a new election, despite strong requests by the country's Democratic Party and the Rally of the Republicans, the United Nations, the United States, and the Organization of African Unity. Both political parties boycotted last Sunday's election after Gen. Guei's court disqualified their candidates.

Gbagbo also appointed a cabinet that included four members of the Democratic Party of the Ivory Coast, and no members of Alassane Ouattara's Muslim Rally of the Republicans. Laurent Dona Fologo, the Democratic Party's secretary general, said he is no longer calling for a new presidential election.

Both sides in this conflict care little for their people.

A history of the Ivory Coast elections can be found here

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Ok, point taken, just because the rebels are Muslim, and attacking a freely elected government, doesn't make them terrorist. Setting fire to christian churches, burning children, mutilating civilians Does. Splitting hairs here?

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
For those who really want to know whats going on in Ivory Coast, here is a nice BBC link with short Q&A, and I also recommend clicking the other links when you've read it, as always BBC has a lot of background info:

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
DH- The point is that both sides give as good as they get. The CBN article you linked was distasteful - implying that the French wanted him out because he was a christian and the French support muslims. The French could care less about this man's religious affliation. Their aim is control pure and simple.

And I do not agree that he was freely elected. "Gbagbo said he will not hold a new election, despite strong requests by the country's Democratic Party and the Rally of the Republicans, the United Nations, the United States, and the Organization of African Unity." He was nothing more than a French-approved dictator. Now that he has fallen out of favor - time to rotate the new puppet in.

B

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I am sorry but I do think it is deeper than just French control. France has a very large Muslim population. So many current wars are Muslim vs everyone else. The Netherlands is finding out the hard way. The Sudan is another example, those being starved are Christian. France placed Ararfat in high honor, he was the father of modern terrorisim. France seems to have taken sides, decidedly Muslim and pro terrorist.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I think this case shows two things:

1. the result of artificially created borders between artificially created countries.

2. oil is not the only reason for the so called "Western Countries" to impose their neo-colonialism on former colonies.

Ivory-Coast was the richest country in that region, a very poor region, because of the cocoa and coffee plantations.
The importance of Ivory-Coast is enough to make the price of cocoa rise in the days of more violence, when the ports where closed, and the price lowered again when the situation calmed down.

Are the French making decisions about the situation without UN approval? Then I will speak against that as I have spoken against the US in the Iraq case.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Does it concern anyone that the French are still testing Nukes. Their obvious support of terror make me wonder what they are testing and for whom.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
France will always support things that the United States is against!

They can't help it. It's in their blood!

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
France will always support things that the United States is against!

They can't help it. It's in their blood!

so helping the US out when it fought for its independence was nothing
and this is the US's gratitude to them

[edit on 16-11-2004 by bodrul]

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
As we all discuss the war on terrorism in Iraq and a Marine gets hell for a questionable insident, the FRENCH have basically declared war on democracy in the Ivory Coast. Moreover the French are supporting the Muslin terrorist in the north. Has France become the next target against Islamic terrorisim?

globalsecurity.org...

Arent you quick to say the French are attacking democracy,they have killed 9 French citizens and an AMERICAN aid worker.Not to mention France has large investments in the Ivory Coast.Is your comment in anyway prejuidicial because of the current foriegn policies it has with the states??

What business does Bush have in the middle East??..Democracy...right.

I also fail to see the connection with the war crime committed in Iraq.What DO you expect that that soldier had the right to take that wounded insurgent's life and we all move on like it did'nt happen.. they said he was shot in the face just the day befor..I saw no bandages on his head but I saw an M16 reckoiling on his chin...

Maybe he'll get a part in a Hollywood production and he can play the part himself again?..make some Bucks from his ordeal,right....

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
And remember this little incident, when French forces rescued American schoolchildren caught in rebel territory?

www.chicagotribune.com...(0,4414246).story?coll=chi-news-hed

The conceitedness in this thread is nauseating.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

so helping the US out when it fought for its independence was nothing
and this is the US's gratitude to them

[edit on 16-11-2004 by bodrul]

That "Help" we got from France back then was due to the French hatered for the English more then French love for the Rebel colonist.

Besides any help we got was paid back ten fold in a little thing called WW2

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid

globalsecurity.org...

While we'r' in the region anyways ,why don't you explain to me how Charles Taylor made it back to Liberia after being arrested and extradited to the US,where he apparently escapped from the jail he was in only to go back with more funds , weapons and friends like Gaddafi & Blaise Campore....'juju'magic charms..etc..and ended up commiting a genocide,Operation Octopus.. you know that Ivory Coast is right next door.He's now living in asylem in Nigeria.

top topics

join