It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC - Are conspiracy theories destroying democracy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Are conspiracy theories destroying democracy?

The internet is generally assumed to be the main driving force behind the growth in conspiracy theories but, says Mr Naughton, there has been little research into whether that is really the case.

Now here is an interesting quote:

"The minute you get into the JFK stuff, and the minute you sniff at the 9/11 stuff, you begin to lose the will to live," he told the audience in Cambridge.
What do you think?

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

Not all conspiracies are just theories, in fact a large amount aren't.
I live in a republic, not a democracy.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

It would seem to me that conspiracies, and not the theories are what the problem is.
Iran contra, Gulf of Tonkin, testing of bio and Chem weapons on civilians. These are in fact actual conspiracies not theories.

If the Govt. wasn't up to corrupt nefarious activities, it wouldn't be an issue.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
That guy loses the will to live because he reads about JFK and 911 on the net?

I'm glad he doesn't know about books...
edit on 30-10-2013 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
What would the BBC know about Democracy. Biased Broadcasting Corporation.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
o the beeb we lost the 9-11 tapes ye right report tower 7 down early and xxxx up by playing the TAPES of 9-11 when it was 6.30 am in new york .

got to love them

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Multinationals are destroying democracy, deliberately. They want slaves. They certainly do not want Governments working for the people, by the people. If that happens, there go all the profits.

P

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

BBC - Are conspiracy theories destroying democracy?

The only thing they are destroying is the way in which the thieves are selling you this Democracy...no longer can they so easily hide, and lie through their teeth.

As long as the lie is an integral part of being human...so long there will be conspiracies...and theories of them. Conspiracies arise from the uncontested truth...that people lie...institutions therefore lie...and the more powerful you are...the more lies surround you.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
BBC says that they blame the internet for conspiracy.

Facts: BBC scared about its under handed bulls*** being plastered over news networks and internet it cant control.

buu freakin' hoo.

The Human collective is FAR superior to anything. Heck even a large group of people collaborating can predict the future or heal other people. This worry's the men that think they are better than every one else.
edit on 30-10-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Conspiracy theorists are no longer in the closet, we are mainstream thinkers whose once "farfetched" theories about government spying have since been proven by Edward Snowden.

Once upon a time, if you told people that your phone could take your photo, finger prints and record your phone conversations whilst simultaneously recording your exact GPS location to within 10 metres anywhere on earth, EVERYTIME you make a phone, your family and friends would've laughed at you and called you mad.

Actually mine still think I'm mad, ANYWAY, we all know that Universities are a great recruitment ground for Intelligence agencies, and it's the Intelligence Agencies who are trying to put out fires right now. Needless to say it's no surprise to me that somebody from Cambridge is blowing the horn about Conspiracy theorists being wrong.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Are conspiracy theories destroying democracy?

No, the conspiracies are.

I expect more "put JFK to rest" talk too as the 50th Anniversary of his murder approaches.

Its just this theory I have.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

Already posted, www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Tashi Delek,

No, conspiracy theories are not destroying democracy.
The government is doing a fine job of that all by itself without any help from us.

-Amitabha-

top topics

join