Clapper: White House Must Approve NSA Spying On All leaders - Obama Is Busted!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
One thing you can count on is Clapper not being very good at lying or at least walking around a truth. What more can I say, our liar in chief was, BUSTED!!!

During a House Intelligence Committee hearing, National Intelligence Director James Clapper said that the National Security Agency and the CIA cannot tap into any leader’s private communications without permission from the White House.

Clapper: Obama was aware of NSA spying efforts

edit on 30-10-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   

elouina
One thing you can count on is Clapper not being very good at lying or at least walking around a truth. What more can I say, our liar in chief was, BUSTED!!!

During a House Intelligence Committee hearing, National Intelligence Director James Clapper said that the National Security Agency and the CIA cannot tap into any leader’s private communications without permission from the White House.

So anyway, press tv for a source :/ I dunno. What do you think about press tv as a source? I have noticed a few people have use it here before.
edit on 30-10-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Nephalim

elouina

So anyway, press tv for source :/ I dunno. what do you think about press tv as a source? i have noticed a few people use it before.
edit on 30-10-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

Well, one thing we can count on is Youtube video once this gets out more. Worse comes to worse, I check out Cspan when I have a chance, I need to get to bed right now. You can't falsely claim something that can be easily verified with video, true? I assure you, that if this is accurate, it will be all over the news later on today.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Double post here. Actually El posted something really good that couldn't be missed. But, being the NSA, we snuck in here and deleted it. Nah nah...
edit on 30-10-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Hmm, well I use cspan. I'm pretty sure the nsa knows exactly who they're keeping an eye on and why they feel they have reason to. The very confusing part is LOL. I don't wanna say.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I would suspect that it's

ABOVE O's paygrade

to approve of such.

Besides, ALL the information is automatically collected. What's to approve? It's a done deal. Has been for decades.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
lol, something tells me Obama won't be making any trips to France or Germany soon.
Wouldn't it be nice if everyplace they wanted to go vacation told them "You're not welcome here!"
Lovely thought, just lovely.

Maybe the WH doesn't have to approve.
What President would approve of anyone spying on himself?
Maybe Clapper just likes to see him squirm.
edit on 30-10-2013 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I doubt WH is vetting any individual spying. Makes no sense. It's like this. Obama is/was aware of the program, but probably has nothing to do with it. Just a silent acknowledgement. He couldn't prevent it or stop it even if he tried.

I kinda think all these alphabet agencies are more or less independent...not officially, but realistically.

They are entities which have long gone surpassed their intended purposes...just like the CIA and FBI and whatnots. Today they operate more on a pure survival tactics and politics. Presidents come and go, but agencies stay...and work for the unseen...

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Seriously, the government would be doing something wrong if it didn't spy on other nations political/military leaders. This has been going on for decades and it is a relatively normal practice, though I have to admit, getting caught is just a sign of how vulnerable and chaotic the US intelligence community is at the moment.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Of course Obama knows. They all do. Under the guise of fighting a war on Terror they justified the biggest eavesdrop in history on world leaders. They do it for economic reasons, not Terrifying ones. Best to know what next move is being made by all the nations of the earth to beat them to the economic punch. Terror has nothing to do with it.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
As somebody who spent a long time in intel that is bunk. The President does not sit around approving whom we spy on at any level. Now although they may not have direct knowledge is is not exactly a secret we spy on our allies and they spy on us. When briefing someone like the President you never reveal your sources beyond your confidence in them and they do not ask. Of course the same holds true for the Germans and the French. In fact this entire things is a dance for the public. These countries will put on a dog and pony show for their people and then things will continue as normal. The fact the US has not outed all the allies who they have caught spying on them shows that this is nothing but a public show.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

You mean some low level pencil pusher has authorization to spy on world leaders? Thats pretty stupid if its true, although i have my serious doubts of your intelligence on how higher ups in the wh and inlel departments work else you wouldnt dare be on a website talking about it.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Shaiker
reply to post by MrSpad

You mean some low level pencil pusher has authorization to spy on world leaders? Thats pretty stupid if its true, although i have my serious doubts of your intelligence on how higher ups in the wh and inlel departments work else you wouldnt dare be on a website talking about it.

No, not some low level pencil pusher, somebody with higher security clearance than the POTUS. There are more than you think. In this instance, I have to say, it's completely normal to spy on allies and other world governments and leaders, that is what you want the NSA to do actually, the other governments spy on ours, that's just how it works.

However for the POTUS to state he didn't know about it is absurd, of course he knew about it but he's not under any circumstances going to come out and say it, I don't know any president that would, that would be a political death sentence as far as any further foreign policy goes. Then again, as far as Obama is concerned, no more foreign policy would probably be a good thing!

My problem is with the NSA turning it's eye towards American citizens in violation of the 4th Amendment, thats where they cross the line in a big way, not by spying on Germany or France.
edit on 30-10-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I would have more respect for this administration if they at least came out and just said, "Tough sh!t! We did it, I'm a bad-ass. Deal with it."

But no.

Obama didn't do anything.
Obama doesn't know anything.

The so-called leader of the free world and current boss of a police-state can't be seen as being responsible or accountable.

The buck stops here. Remember that?
edit on 30-10-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Shaiker
reply to post by MrSpad

No not pencil pushers but high level and powerful intelligence bureaucrats.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Asked whether the White House knows about the N.S.A.’s intelligence-gathering, including on foreign leaders,

Mr. Clapper said, “They can and do.” But, he added, “I have to say that that does not extend down to the level of detail. We’re talking about a huge enterprise here, with thousands and thousands of individual requirements.”

news.firedoglake.com...

The question was vague...not specific to the German Chancellor or even just world leaders.

And the answer was vague...inferring that details aren't shared..."Thousands and thousands of individual requirements"

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
If we cannot use this to impeach the sonofabitch it's of no use.

Hell if we would have impeached him the first time around ObamaCare would have never happened.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
And this is a surprise?

All governments spy on each other.

Years ago we busted Israel recording phone conversations on our government officials.

This is nothing new, unusual or surprising.

Amdocs was recording phone calls years ago.

www.rense.com...

Investigators don't believe calls are being listened to, but the data about who is calling whom and when is plenty valuable in itself. An internal Amdocs memo to senior company executives suggests just how Amdocs generated call records could be used. "Widespread data mining techniques and algorithms.... combining both the properties of the customer (e.g., credit rating) and properties of the specific 'behavior.'" Specific behavior, such as who the customers are calling.

The Amdocs memo says the system should be used to prevent phone fraud. But U.S. counterintelligence analysts say it could also be used to spy through the phone system. Fox News has learned that the N.S.A has held numerous classified conferences to warn the F.B.I. and C.I.A. how Amdocs records could be used. At one NSA briefing, a diagram by the Argon national lab was used to show that if the phone records are not secure, major security breaches are possible.
edit on 30-10-2013 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

Absolutely indeed.

working for the unseen puppet masters

The O is merely a slightly-upper-level functionary robotized Teleprompter stand-in anyway.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

There's no choosing which leaders to spy on.

The intel gathering is on every last person on the planet--particularly in technological Western & developed societies--which are the least bit of even potential interest to the oligarchy whatsoever.

And such massive intel gathering was going on well before the technologies made it easy and more comprehensive and automated.

Certain . . . groups . . . and their neighborhood reps . . . were chronic information sponges for at least the last several centuries.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join