It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today Google Plus offered me a customized URL - here's the catch...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

you don't recall - that doesn't equal to 'it did not happen'.

i'm a programmer, i am using flash since flash 3 (back then by macromedia), and i can assure you that your claims are complete BS. could it install chrome? yes. could it install it without telling you about it? no.

also, i guess you miss one point - there are two versions of flash player, NPAPI and PPAPI - the first one works with all popular browsers, the second one works only with chrome - and is a part of chrome. that is - you cannot install one without the other. that's why i've mentioned the chrome+flash bundle.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

meridie
...they wanted my mobile number to verify it... Why am I not surprised? Oh, yes, the ATS forum forms part of my daily reading matter. Thanks guys for the regular mind workout. And slowly, all the little puzzle pieces join up until a general picture forms.

I always have operated under this premise:

There is NO expectation of Privacy on ANY type of Phone ane with ANYTHING related to the Internet.

Makes your life simpler when you think that way.

Even with the MEGA site with Kim dot Com, I assume "somebody" is capturing my upload data before it's getting there. It may be secure, once there, but the NSA has sunk its teeth into ALL Communications for Decades.

All the Major world powers do it.... The U.S. are the only ones publicly "outed". Anyone who believes that the BRICS will create a totally protected internet is just Very Stupid. Like China's individual privacy rights are so great right now.
edit on 31-10-2013 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

mblahnikluver

homeslice
What f's me off is every time I login to youtube it constantly asks me if i want to use my full name instead of my username.... No my decision has not changed since the last 25 times you asked me.

This drives me nuts!!

What happens when they want your real name to even continue?!

people will think twice before acting like they're completely retarded.
no matter what you think, the sad truth is that most people don't deserve the privacy they expect from the internet.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jedi_hamster

It pisses you off that people expect anonymitty online? Sheesh! You are the kind of guy that makes me happy that we ARE anonymous online!

Put it this way, if the internet wasn't anonymous, ATS would have a membership of one (you). The things we discuss here bring all kinds of agencies would just love it if people around the web would use their full name. Boy, it'd be a no knock warrant, dog and grandpa shooting fest nation wide!

The only way we're able to continue to keep information free, is to make sure our anonymitty isn't infringed upon!

Now, back to another posters question: I've never heard of Liberte Linux. The best thing to do is research, give the distro a try and see if it suits you.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

jedi_hamster

and btw, nothing pisses me off more than people thinking they have the right to stay anonymous on the internet. it should be FORBIDDEN, because the humanity isn't grown up enough for such thing. people abuse it constantly, thinking they cannot be found, and that's the whole reason of online abuse, bullying, theft, lies and every other possible evil that you can find across the internet. you think your phone number is such a secret thing? how don't want to provide your real name as well? imagine, how many hoaxes would be posted on ATS by complete idiots when they would be forced to provide their real name - and possibly the general region they live in - in their profile? you want the answer? close to zero.
edit on 31-10-2013 by jedi_hamster because: (no reason given)

There are two sides to anonymity. There are human stories that would not be heard outside the cover of anonymity. Anonymity extends a lifeline to people, i.e. whistleblowers, informants, or merely people who hold fringe beliefs they might not want to be publicly crucified for, and who might not have had the courage to speak out against injustice without it. Unfortunately, the flipside is that it also enables various forms of bullying and trolling that victimizes people for any number of reasons. Should we take away the protection anonymity offers to the former, because it also victimizes the latter?

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
first, if half of what snowden claims is true, you have no anonymity online, period.
second, show me a single whistleblower that didn't tell his real name, that deserves any trust.

if what someone is saying, is true and dangerous to those in charge, saying your name and providing some credentials actually protects you - because if they'll go after you, they'll just confirm that what you've said, is true.

true whistleblowers and people saying about important matters, are brave and tend to use their real names more often than not (they're usually showing their faces after all). the whole "thank god i'm anonymous and you can't do anything to find me" attitude is a way of cowards spreading lies, using whatever privacy they have left to fool people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join