It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA - 80 Worldwide Listening Posts - Communications Equipment Tampered With

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

elouina
Oh wow, this keeps getting crazier and crazier. In Germany and many other countries, they are using their embassies as listening posts. Oh my this will not go over well indeed and may prove to severely tarnish relations even further. Oh and did I mention that spying from an embassy is illegal in most countries?

The Special Collection Elements are fairly well known. Richelson cites a newspaper report about them from 1995, and earlier public references may exist. Other countries run SIGINT operations from their embassies, too. It's a prudent and, usually, quite safe* means of collecting foreign intelligence. Operating in or near capitals has the benefit of potentially providing access not only to the host country's traffic, but also to third party diplomatic traffic. It may be illegal per host country laws, but embassy personnel have immunity. If their actions become too egregious or disruptive, the host country directs them to leave.

* Usually safe ... there are reports that the Chinese embassy in Belgrade was accidentally-on purpose targeted because they were feeding SIGINT to the Serbs.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

elouina
Oh wow, this keeps getting crazier and crazier. In Germany and many other countries, they are using their embassies as listening posts. Oh my this will not go over well indeed and may prove to severely tarnish relations even further. Oh and did I mention that spying from an embassy is illegal in most countries?

And this is news? Embassies and residences have been used for decades as listening posts. Do you seriously think that the Russians, Chinese and other nations don't use their embassies around the world for SIGINT and clandestine activity?

www.smh.com.au...

www.fas.org...

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
The technological madness of an unbridled surveillance state led by the NSA, with no reasonable limitations as to man's relationship to God; to its effects on human nature, and clean moral values has forced the hand of all world leaders (with no good choices available) into an untenable position; so much so that the moral basis for the values that underlie human trust amongst persons has almost completely disappeared. Gone are the days of a good word, or even a good conversation between diplomats and leaders based on trustworthiness. Gone are the days of reliance on a trusting handshake as reflective of one persons honorable intentions towards another.

This quote sums it up for me as to what technology without restraint leads us to - pride in our own accomplishments and spiritual emptiness: "The fact is there is nothing that you can trust; and that is a terrible fact, whether you like it or not. Psychologically there is nothing in the world, that you can put your faith, your trust, or your belief in. Neither your gods, nor your science can save you, can bring you psychological certainty; and you have to accept that you can trust in absolutely nothing. That is a scientific fact, as well as a psychological fact. Because, your leaders — religious and political — and your books — sacred and profane — have all failed, and you are still confused, in misery, in conflict. So, that is an absolute, undeniable fact. JIDDU KRISHNAMURTI, Psychological Revolution

edit on 30-10-2013 by XionZap because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
She still knows what is going on. She is part of it. Why do you think they are moving the Dagger Complex from a little tiny building on a main road to a super secret under ground bunker with complete command and control head quarters? And she app proves of doing that and is quoted in the papers how she supports and approves of it. No mater how dumb she tries to act she knows about all of it.

Dagger Complex is being moved to Wiesbaden heritage home.

The construction site is interesting. Here are some of the things I noticed.

Here is the Google map for a closer look.

goo.gl...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And don't forget the German BND officer who decided to spy on his daughter. She found the software and turned it over to Anonymous. And it was supposed to be something that was NSA/BND related. Germany was also mixed up with STUXnet servers.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

For the unwary reader - the "she" that is often referred to in this post is most likely German chancellor Angela Merkel.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by XionZap

Had I seen this item while writing the draft of this "reply post" I would have included it as a very good example of NSA's unbridled technological madness with no respect for spiritual values in particular, and for cultural values generally. Spying on the Vatican and on the pope himself (before, during, and after his election to the papacy) goes beyond the pale !!!

US 'spied on future Pope Francis during Vatican conclave'
NSA spied on the future Pope Francis before and during the Vatican conclave at which he was chosen to succeed Benedict XVI
By Nick Squires, Rome 6:35PM GMT 30 Oct 2013

The National Security Agency spied on the future Pope Francis before and during the Vatican conclave at which he was chosen to succeed Benedict XVI, it was claimed on Wednesday.
The American spy agency monitored telephone calls made to and from the residence in Rome where the then Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio stayed during the conclave, the secret election at which cardinals chose him as pontiff on March 13.
The claims were made by Panorama, an Italian weekly news magazine, which said that the NSA monitored the telephone calls of many bishops and cardinals at the Vatican in the lead-up to the conclave, which was held amid tight security in the Sistine Chapel.
The information gleaned was then reportedly divided into four categories — “leadership intentions”, “threats to financial system”, “foreign policy objectives” and “human rights”.
At that time, Benedict XVI was Pope, suggesting that the Vatican may also have been monitored during the last few weeks of his papacy.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I read Im Search of Enemies by John Stockwell. He said the CIA has posts in almost every countyr of the world and it is very rare for the CIA to set up a station without informing the host country. I guess the CIA works the same way. Meaning these two NSA posts in germany have probably been mentioned in newspapers in Germany a dozen+ times over the years. So we have spies inside our embassies, like every other country in the world.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join