It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA - 80 Worldwide Listening Posts - Communications Equipment Tampered With

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Oh wow, this keeps getting crazier and crazier. In Germany and many other countries, they are using their embassies as listening posts. Oh my this will not go over well indeed and may prove to severely tarnish relations even further. Oh and did I mention that spying from an embassy is illegal in most countries?

I am still waiting for more goods on the US. But I guess the journalists wanted to hit the NSA on this Germany business while they were down. there is supposed to be a juicy bit coming out yet on the US.

It's a prime site, a diplomat's dream. Is there any better location for an embassy than Berlin's Pariser Platz? It's just a few paces from here to the Reichstag. When the American ambassador steps out the door, he looks directly onto the Brandenburg Gate.

The secret list reveals that its agents are active worldwide in around 80 locations, 19 of which are in Europe -- cities such as Paris, Madrid, Rome, Prague and Geneva. The SCS maintains two bases in Germany, one in Berlin and another in Frankfurt. That alone is unusual. But in addition, both German bases are equipped at the highest level and staffed with active personnel

If the equipment is discovered, explains a "top secret" set of classified internal guidelines, it "would cause serious harm to relations between the United States and a foreign government."

From some embassies, the Americans have planted sensors in communications equipment of the respective host countries that are triggered by selected terms.

Embassy Espionage: The NSA's Secret Spy Hub in Berlin

edit on 30-10-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

What puzzles me . . . is . . . that this MUST be essentially

very old news.

Why the huh-bub now?

Have the PTB scheduled the huh-bub?

That seems most likely. To what end?

Or, is it REALLY . . . as unlikely as it seems . . . the case of the PTB being outted against their will?

Curious.

It's hard for me to believe that they are really being outted against their will.

It's hard for me to believe that the major governments of the world haven't known about this for decades.

They are all under the same BIG THUMB.

What's the purpose of the huh-bub, therefore?

It's a bit like . . . on a grander scale . . . the DEMS and the GOP throwing rocks at each other.

Which is a little bit like two twins . . . one typically playing the bad-cop and the other typically playing the good-cop . . . staging a knock-down drag-out fight strictly for the neighbors' benefit or maybe for the social workers' benefit whereas they really are great pals and have little against one another at all.

What's the payoff?

Or are they just playing out the script as ordered? Why?

Or is it part of a carefully constructed escalating series of triggers to outrage the planet further against the USA?

Hmmmmm . . . What would the benefit of that be to the oligarchy?

Hmmmmm . . . ponder ponder.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Athens was a popular spot too. I wonder if the bailouts had anything to do with it?

The map, which was initially published in full on Der Spiegel's website but subsequently replaced with a censored version, lists Special Collection Service facilities at 90 locations worldwide, including 74 manned facilities, 14 remotely operated facilities and two technical support centres.

The Athens facility is one of 19 such installations in Europe, according to the document, which is dated 13 August 2010.

www.enetenglish.gr...

A couple other things that's worth asking, is what information were they getting and what was it used for. Seems to me that it would be of great economic/business interest.

And even more pressing, is the question of whether or not this was all staged to make some type of overpowering change across the world. Maybe that's a little too tinfoily, but if the official story is what it is, I'm surprised a lone leaker could get the information out.

Furthermore, because of past deals with ally governments allowing them to spy on each other (Diplomat is synonym for spy, since the days of the first embassies), it makes you wonder if everyone already knew about it and this is just a big Shakespearean drama.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

You beat me by a minute.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Wow a lot of nothing, anyways, this is news for the people that pay their paychecks. And I really don't think they know what all Snowden and Greenwald have up their Sleeves. Frankly, I am enjoying every last disclosure. The NSA needs knocked down a few notches. And every notch brings us closer to disbanding them entirely.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   

boncho

A couple other things that's worth asking, is what information were they getting and what was it used for. Seems to me that it would be of great economic/business interest.

And even more pressing, is the question of whether or not this was all staged to make some type of overpowering change across the world. Maybe that's a little too tinfoily, but if the official story is what it is, I'm surprised a lone leaker could get the information out.

Furthermore, because of past deals with ally governments allowing them to spy on each other (Diplomat is synonym for spy, since the days of the first embassies), it makes you wonder if everyone already knew about it and this is just a big Shakespearean drama.

ABSOLUTELY INDEED.

That's the most plausible.

Oh, the information collected was total. EVERYTHING of the slightest interest to the ruling oligarchy. They had literally acres of computers in at least a 2-5 or so centers around the world operating 24/7/365 AT LEAST AS OF 40+ YEARS AGO per what I was told by folks who had every reason & job category to know.

And consider that those computers 40+ years ago WERE THEN, technologically 35-50 YEARS ahead of the computers the public knew about.

The keyword filtering list has been massive for decades . . . filtering in real time and saving EVERYTHING of the least bit of interest--on/from EVERY significant electricity based circuit--if not LITERALLY EVERY such circuit--on the planet.

The major governments of the world HAD to know at least something of that massive effort. Had to. Their technical people were NOT so stupid as to be 100% ignorant and incompetent, imho.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   

elouina
reply to post by BO XIAN

Wow a lot of nothing,

Not sure what you mean by that.

anyways, this is news for the people that pay their paychecks.

I don't think that's a significant issue to the oligarchy any more.

They have such MASSIVELY THOROUGH !!!! CONTROL !!!! of the entire economic components of modern reality . . . they are essentially playing tweaky farcical games with the total Monopoly money of the planet.

I don't think they CARE that much what the sheeple now think about taxes or how taxes are spent.

They have the sheeples', the slaves' collective testicles in such a vise--they know they can do anything they jolly well please without much to be concerned about in terms of EFFECTIVE consequences at the hand of the Eloi being shoved down the chute to the hungry maws of the Morlachs.

And I really don't think they know what all Snowden and Greenwald have up their Sleeves. Frankly, I am enjoying every last disclosure. The NSA needs knocked down a few notches. And every notch brings us closer to disbanding them entirely.

I think that's a nice, cute, even sweet . . .

abject fantasy.

If I thought there was a gnat's fart's worth of a chance in h*ll of that truly happening, I'd be dancing in the streets.

The oligarchy has AT LEAST BEEN VERY DILIGENT AND EFFECTIVE at very heavy handed and massive !!!! CONTROL !!!! of full court press INFORMATION GATHERING for AT LEAST 200+ years.

There's SIMPLY NO WAY that they are going to give up on that NOW that they have even more thorough and more effective technological; sociological, psychological, military, tyrannical government etc. MEANS to do so.

THEY WOULD THEMSELVES have to be more or less totally destroyed, first.

And THAT'S NOT likely to happen at all . . . until the literal Biblically scheduled literal Armageddon.

imho.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   
The whole premise of the NSA spying being there to protect the people from bogeymen is laughable. I mean, if that were the case, then they have failed on an epic scale through the years.

The main reason for this huge spying operation is simply political and economics based. Sure, they record all that we ordinary people do as well, simply because they know we are the ones ultimately who can depose them if we got organised. But in reality, anyone planning any dissent or uprising isn't going to do so on the internet or on conference calls with terrorism central, so that makes the whole system completely ineffective for it's supposed purpose.

So, what dangers to the free world are they monitoring for police and FBI enforcement action? Grannies demonstrating against drones, peaceful citizens angry at government taxation and criminal corruption and / or incompetence. Essentially, WE ARE the threat in their eyes. Thus, democracy is a sham theatre (which many people have known for a long time) and stepping out of line like an uppity malcontent will get you on their radar. I would therefore be proud to be a subject of their surveillance!

Another point, is just who has oversight? It always seems like nobody does and these organizations are a law unto themselves, left to do whatever they want, all under the umbrella of "National Security", which we all know is just a simple get of jail free card to be played when the SHTF. The politicians are also subjects of the surveillance just like everyone else, most likely more so, so you start to wonder who ultimately controls it all?

As for Berlin, I'd be circling the Embassy with trucks filled with Jamming equipment and putting out enough RF energy to fry the people inside!

edit on 30-10-2013 by Britguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Britguy

. . . I'd be circling the Embassy with trucks filled with Jamming equipment and putting out enough RF energy to fry the people inside!

uhhhhh . . . where'd you get the trucks and equipment?

How'd you get the trucks and equipment WITHOUT their monitoring your every move?

How long do you think you'd survive their multiple means--conventional and exotic tech-wise . . . to terminate your living options in this time/space dimension?

. . . how long in . . . minutes . . . or hours?

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

I was referring to the German Government in that little scenario. I mean, what are the NSA or the US government going to do? Declare war based on their illegal activities and claim victimhood?

Like I said in my post, how are they going to know what is going on if nobody uses any technology to formulate such a plan? Word of mouth cannot be intercepted, without a ground team at the location and likely being spotted. They are all geared up to intercept all means of technology based electronic data, but can't hear a conversation between two individuals. Lets all go low tech to plan their takedown!

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
...and to reply to myself, and point out the "blonde thinking" .... having just mentioned going low tech to plan their takedown, via an electronic message, I am already doomed to failure as they will have already intercepted that electronic message and the hit team is already en route!

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   
All of this extreme activity as of late is due to the actions of one courageous man who, through his singular efforts, has brought the US to its knees, and deservedly so. He's a game changer like no other in the history of world politics. The PTB in Washington are screaming and tearing their hair out in fear and trembling as to what shall be the next move on the part of the man in the drivers seat, the man in control whose every move is cause of fear and loathing in the stone cold hearts of every person in the intelligence field, and of every American politician. He has the goods on all of them he does. Mr. Edward Snowden - hero to the common man - defender of freedom - visionary - honest - moral - trustworthy and true - forthright and just, and destined for greatness.
edit on 30-10-2013 by XionZap because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Certainly no tech communication would be essential.

I just don't think even that would suffice.

Their surveillance even of no tech communications are a lot more extensive than most folks would guess.

They can listen in on conversations in many thousands of hotel rooms, restaurants, parks, cars, . . .

IF one includes their fallen angel co-horts . . . who knows what exotic tech and/or spiritual dimension options such critters have for listening in on conversations.

But even sticking strictly to human realities . . . I think it would be extremely difficult to INSURE . . . on average, for sure . . . NO listening in on even no-tech conversations.

Speculating . . . one would likely have to hike into the wilderness without a hint of technology on their persons . . . without anyone getting the least bit suspicious of the goal in communication . . . and given all the exotic drones possible now . . . I don't even know if that would suffice.

In more conventional 'movie' scenario terms . . . I'd think it would require multiple sound sources erratically and randomly changing every so many seconds or microseconds to mask a conversation behind sufficient noise that would be difficult for super computers to filter out.

I do believe that Holy Spirit and God's angel armies will have a way around such realities. I just don't know HOW THAT will be effected.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by XionZap

I'm INCLINED to agree.

I'm just not 100% convinced that the scenario we see unfolding re Snowden is totally true as presented.

I hope so.

I just remember FDR's assertion that

there are NO accidents in politics. If something happens--IT WAS PLANNED that way.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Ah yes ......as per FDR, but the world was a smaller and more manageable place at the time of his remarks as well as having been made within the context of the times - i.e., the second world war and all that it entailed. Besides that - FDR was the man in the drivers seat so he could well afford to have made such a comment in that it was actually self referential - I think

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   

XionZap
reply to post by BO XIAN

Ah yes ......as per FDR, but the world was a smaller and more manageable place at the time of his remarks as well as having been made within the context of the times - i.e., the second world war and all that it entailed. Besides that - FDR was the man in the drivers seat so he could well afford to have made such a comment in that it was actually self referential - I think

SOUNDS like . . . you are assuming:

1. That the oligarchy has not extended their !!!! CONTROL !!!! tentacles since then . . . in reach, comprehensiveness, quality control, clout, iron grip.

= = =

2. FDR was merely a puppet, too. His son-in-law makes that very clear in his biography of FDR. He was certainly NOT THE TOP of the food chain.

3. There's mystery here and there. However, what's NOT mysterious any longer is plenty sobering.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

If there's an assumption on my part its to do with the fact that the Snowden 'train-wreck' (from the POV of the PTB, i.e.) was certainly a political 'accident' of the greatest magnitude. I further assume that you're assuming that that might not be the case inasmuch as you feel somewhat untrusting of the "Snowden Affair" (as it'll most likely be know to future historians) in the sense that he's possibly a double agent or some such as that?

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Is it possible they already have all the information they need?
They can appear to disband because Google already does the work for them?
I have no idea what the purpose behind all this or where it might lead.
But I think you're asking all the right questions.
Now, If I could just pick which question is the right one.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by XionZap

I PREFER to believe that Snowden etc is authentically hostile to the globalist PTB.

It seems to that scanning all the puzzle pieces on the table, that's far from a certainty.

But I love to think that it might be true. Arrogance will always have a come-down, fall. I just don't think the globalists will have a super devastating fall quite this soon.

Of course . . . Snowden etc. doesn't seem to be anything quite close to a devastating fall to the PTB so far. More like a very troublesome several hornets?

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Thx for your kind reply.

It's an interesting idea. I just don't think it'll wash considering their nature and past 200+ years of behavior. Past behavior is the best predictor of future behavior. They are obsessive data collectors to the max.

Now, IF they are very close to lighting off WW3 . . . they might could more 'reasonably' be expected to trash a lot of things that might appear to be to their hurt. . . . perhaps to add to the chaos.

They are DEDICATED to raising their NWO out of the ashes of the chaos they are generating.

THAT is a MAJOR meme, strategy that they almost worship.

And, their boss, satan, does happen to LOVE chaos, death, mayhem.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join