It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

odd coincidence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I recently moved to southwest Florida (unfortunately, and I can't wait to get out and go back to the environment I belong in).
Anyway, so there's a spot near where I now live where people go and hang out and whatnot... Beach, little shops, etc. There's this guy I've seen there who dresses up like a pirate statue, and as people walk by, he stomps his feet or makes various movements to scare passersby who don't realize he is a real person.
So yesterday I'm sitting at my computer watching various things on YouTube, and I start watching this compilation video of scare pranks. About halfway through, it just freezes. This is not a common thing as I have a good internet connection, but nevertheless, the video just froze for no apparent reason. I'm sitting there staring at it waiting for it to start playing again, and then I realize the scene it just froze on was the first second or so of a video of this exact guy.
First off, the chances of me coming across a random video of this guy on YouTube within a compilation video are pretty darn slim... But the chances of said video freezing right as his segment begins seems pretty much astronomical. It's one of those things that seems so unlikely, you'd think it was some sort of cosmic message.
Hooray for odd coincidences

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by trollz

Can anyone repeat the "experiment"?

Maybe he's a Time Pirate…

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by trollz

Sounds like that pirate guy has a pretty good act. He can even fool people on youtube

For what it's worth, I tend to investigate these mysteries as far as I can. I love a good synchronous event, and I also lean toward the possibility that it IS one of life's odd little messages.

Maybe say hello or drop him a tip some day?

edit on 30-10-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
So where's the video?

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Diabolical
So where's the video?

The guy starts at about 1:23

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by trollz

That was funny when she spilled her alcohol... "Man, that was alcohol abuse, you owe another!"

new topics

top topics

join