It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

freemasons-freemasonry.com

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Hi,

www.freemasons-freemasonry.com...

I'd just like to ask, is this website actually a well-known,
mason-friendly, mason-accurate, 100% pure and accepted
resource for masons with no controversy associated with
it by masons?

Thanks,

KPB
edit on 30-10-2013 by Gemwolf because: Removed HTML formatting from title

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by KellyPrettyBear

The site is mainly made up of articles written by Masons, and while many of the articles reflect the opinions of individual Masons (and not Masonry as a whole), I think, on the whole, the site is a fair reflection on Freemasonry in general.

I am a Mason, and I would recommend the site for general reading.

Just bear in mind, though, that the articles are opinions (albeit by Masons) and even as Masons, we do have different views on Masonry. But read enough articles there, and you'll get the overall picture.

edit on 30/10/2013 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   

If you are looking for answers to some of the common stuff told on this site, then www.masonicinfo.com... is a good one to visit.
They break down a lot of the common misconceptions and give a well explained answer.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

This is a website that I read on a regular basis. It's not controlled by any body of Masonry, but it's ran and maintained by very knowledgeable Masons. Some very interesting articles.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

KSigMason

This is a website that I read on a regular basis. It's not controlled by any body of Masonry, but it's ran and maintained by very knowledgeable Masons. Some very interesting articles.

I guess I was confused about the difference between speculative masonry and core masonry.

KPB

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Operative masonry= brick laying
Speculative masonry= philosophy, charity, philanthropy, community service, ect.

In a nutshell.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

network dude

Operative masonry= brick laying
Speculative masonry= philosophy, charity, philanthropy, community service, ect.

In a nutshell.

Yah. I really meant masons who research stuff and post papers on subjects such as mysticism. That is very common - but that material itself is not masonry...and thats where tin foil hats sling accusations.

Is that the correct way to put that?

KPB

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Masonry is like a prelude to the mysteries that exist in mystery schools and such. Many come to masonry looking for something but not knowing what that something might be. You won't learn the keys to finding these secrets, but you will meet men who have started that journey and with their help, you can learn an unlimited amount of things. We aren't some uber powerful cabal, and we aren't some religious cult, just men who wish to better themselves and their respective communities.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

network dude

Masonry is like a prelude to the mysteries that exist in mystery schools and such. Many come to masonry looking for something but not knowing what that something might be. You won't learn the keys to finding these secrets, but you will meet men who have started that journey and with their help, you can learn an unlimited amount of things. We aren't some uber powerful cabal, and we aren't some religious cult, just men who wish to better themselves and their respective communities.

What is your precise association with masonry and other lodges/bodies?

KPB

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I have been a mason for about 8 years and I am currently the master of my lodge.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Master of the Lodge? You poor thing.
I might sit in the East next year myself, but elections isn't for two more weeks.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

I'm pretty excited about next year too. I will have the rare honour of being the founding WM of a brand new University Lodge which will be consecrated in February.

And to top it all off, I am going in as First Principal of my Holy Royal Arch Chapter.

I'm in the chair of one of my Lodges this year, but I think next year is going to be an extra-special one...

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

network dude
I have been a mason for about 8 years and I am currently the master of my lodge.

KSigMason
I might sit in the East next year myself...

Saurus
I will have the rare honour of being the founding WM of a brand new University Lodge...

All of you are nuts.

I am going to celebrate my second year of retirement from the East and drink a beer in each of your honor's.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Don't be too hasty to relax. I'm pretty sure District's going to get hold of you soon (if they haven't done so already) and you're going to end up having to do an obscene number of installations...

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

network dude

I sent you a PM

KPB

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

AugustusMasonicus
I am going to celebrate my second year of retirement from the East and drink a beer in each of your honor's.

I've never heard the duties of the Outer Guard or Tyler described this way

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Saurus
Don't be too hasty to relax. I'm pretty sure District's going to get hold of you soon...

Actually it was Grand Lodge, kind of hard to say 'no' to the Grand Master, what with him controlling the NSA and all....

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Sauron
I've never heard the duties of the Outer Guard or Tyler described this way

Hah. This is a special New Jersey officer appointment, Senior Kegmeister.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

AugustusMasonicus

All of you are nuts.

You ain't never lied. The light at the end of the tunnel is bright.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Saurus

That's awesome to hear.

reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Cheers!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join