It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

X1 flare 10/29/13 (updated)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Looks like it just recently happened. I'm not that familiar with reading the chart, but it is either a X1 or 2.

CHART

For some reason I am having a hard time finding the link for the site I usually go to for reports. I am sure there are several here that can add more info.

I can't tell by the images if it's earth directed, but it looks like there is likely a CME from it.

SOHO lascoC2
Update: X1 strong X1 flare with CME, possible earth glancing (thanks grandherecy

edit on 29-10-2013 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-10-2013 by westcoast
edit on 29-10-2013 by westcoast because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
It will be a glancing blow as it was directed away from us. Still you may want to keep your tinfoil in hand as this seems like a ramp up begins.

Info on the flare

This is a good info page for all of your Solar Needs
edit on 29-10-2013 by GrandHerecy because: edit to add

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by GrandHerecy

Thank you for the info and the site. I can spend a lot of time pouring over that one!

How cool would it be to see the auroras on Halloween night??

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I talked to our cable guy at work and said due to flares there have been some problems and will be problems with service. I though he said for the next few weeks to expect some inconveniences.
Xfinity by the way.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
The sun sure does seem to be awake again....

Here are a couple sites to see interference levels in fairly decent time to help.

Australian TEC Map

NASA TEC Map

Reading those for a basic usefulness is simple. The higher the area you're in reads on the chart? The more interference and reception problems you can expect to have. The top of the chart is about where I'd expect even CB Radios to be loud with background noise, if not useless.

That's a lay perspective of course... Some HAM Radio operators on here can probably do better than I for explaining it. I believe they use those maps in a practical way.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Time for some Beatles....

The Beatles- Here Comes The Sun
www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6j4TGqVl5g
www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Warm (warmer) today on East Coast USA after the Rains.

Connection.....YES!!

top topics

join