It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO: Need Help Identifying. Video Taken 12 Miles Off Coast Of Florida

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

So far I haven't been able to adjust brightness/contrast in any way that helps. I'll try some different filters tomorrow to see if that makes a difference.

Seeing it in the editor and on full screen it does sometimes appear closer to the water at times, some of the lights that look like they are part of the object might even be reflections, but still hard to tell.

May need someone handier with effects than me.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   

hounddoghowlie
you know i just thought about this thread from last year ufo/ lights in destin.
looks like the same lights in the screen shots.

UNIDENTIFIED LIGHTS over the Gulf March 15th 2012 DESTIN FLORIDA Two different videos / angles Real

THANKS!!! for that link! It looks to be almost the same thing. The only difference that I can tell, since the video is shaky, that the colors seem to be different. Since I did not take the video myself, I'll definitely have to inquire. I want to say also, that I see where you mentioned when this was posted and based on the time frame my uncle got his sailboat, I want to say it was in 2012, this very well could be the same lights we're looking at. If not, then it's possibly during the same timeframe. I'm not 100% on when he got this sailboat in question, but I will surely ask today sometime.

What a gem if they are taking video of the same objects, just one from land and one out in the gulf 12-14 miles out from shore.

Thanks for that gem of a find! Hopefully the poster from that link can see this one and offer some correlation and maybe figure this out some way.

Thanks again!

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by StallionDuck

your welcome, it kept running through my mind that i saw ufo/lights in destin somewhere before.

edit on 30-10-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   

StallionDuck

JayinAR

StallionDuck

catfishjoe
The object(s) don't seem too high above the water. Another boat perhaps. Maybe a group of fishing boats tied together??

The objects were in the air on a clear night. No fishing boats. He's been piloting boats for all of his life so that would have registered to him if it were the case. Were the light starts below the image, as you can see in the pictures is where the water begins from the sky. He did mention they were not high up and not very far away, only a mile from where he was. That's REALLY close.

There is no possible way he can determine how far away they are.

Of course you can. How do you come by that?

I'm starting to get the impression that many of you haven't been on the water much.

You CAN determine how far off it is, even at night.

Here is a clue... How far do you think you can see out over the water on a clear day/night? I bet the answer amazes you. It's usually less than 10 miles. Those lights are far closer than 10 miles. Anyone that has spent time on the water can judge that distance easily.

NO YOU CANT if the object is above the water as claimed at sea level a man of average height has a horizon distance of 3 miles!!! Will go into this more later there are other things to take into account.

I also wish camera phone videos were filmed in the horizontal the way they should be done!

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Yes that was in the air, and not on the water. My gosh, I understand people wanting to explain things like this rationally, but some of the responses I have read are just silly. Even when you have shown, and underlined proof of what your are showing them is in the air. I have been on lakes and Oceans my whole life so yeah I can see exactly what you are talking about.

I would say it is a UFO maybe one from right here on earth, but a UFO none the less. Very cool.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

StallionDuck
Let me try to clear up any misconceptions here about boats on the water.

If anyone here knows anything about the ocean/gulf/water in day or night, you will understand clearly what I mean. I will show examples.

As you can see in these images, the horizon is always where the point of light begins. This is how I rule out any possibility that it's a boat. Besides... Lets just say that it IS a boat. How exactly do you think a boat does this? How would you imagine that the lights on the boat splits off into multiple lights to continue in a direction from it's source?

The sun reflection is touching the horizon in those pictures because it is behind the horizon. Anything on the water will not be at the point of the horizon unless it is many miles away from the viewer.

If the lights are low in the center of the deck then the edge of the deck will cast a long shadow over the water giving the impression the lights are higher up than they are.

As you can see ripples in the reflected light quite easily i think this is the case. Far more likely than a fleet of lying saucers.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

StallionDuck
reply to post by JayinAR

It's out in the gulf. Land is 12 miles to the north. There is nothing SE but water as far as the eye can see.

There's an Air base down there. They constantly fly maneuvers. Last time I vacationed on that coast they were flying Ospreys in big, slow circles. My guess would be military aircraft doing something.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
**ATTENTION**

Can we keep it on topic please?

TY.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

There are many UFO sightings in that area; I live fairly close. I wish you luck for an answer.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Without reading 4 pages to see if anyone recognized the "UFO", it looks exactly like a plane releasing chaff/flares incrementally:

They can release all of their flares/chaff at once, or in increments like in the OP video. So, this would appear like the military is doing some nighttime maneuvers.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

It kinda reminds me of this pic, from a video, that I took a screen grab of, from a thread on ats a year or so ago.. I think that turned out to be some kinda fishing boat lights.. I got bored with the thread eventually and never found out the outcome.. Maybe someone will recognize the pic and link the video from that thread... Thanks to you and your uncle for sharing, much appriciated..

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
It is clearly above the horizon, i.e. airborne. I will have to conclude that it is something towed behind the boat. Maybe balloons tied together with bright LED lights. I just can't say its extraterrestrial 'ALIENS'. I have seen this trickery many times while working offshore with a kite or kites with Cyalume Chemlights attached or the release of several Chinese lanterns. Really livens up a boring night.
edit on 30-10-2013 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
The main reason i think its not above the horizon is that you can see ripples moving quite quicluy in the water all the way up the light that is reflected in the water. If the horizon was at the point where the reflected light stops as the OP claims you would not be able to see fast moving ripples at that point as it would be to far away to see any movement in the water.

edit on 30-10-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

StallionDuck

JayinAR

StallionDuck

catfishjoe
The object(s) don't seem too high above the water. Another boat perhaps. Maybe a group of fishing boats tied together??

The objects were in the air on a clear night. No fishing boats. He's been piloting boats for all of his life so that would have registered to him if it were the case. Were the light starts below the image, as you can see in the pictures is where the water begins from the sky. He did mention they were not high up and not very far away, only a mile from where he was. That's REALLY close.

There is no possible way he can determine how far away they are.

Of course you can. How do you come by that?

I'm starting to get the impression that many of you haven't been on the water much.

You CAN determine how far off it is, even at night.

Here is a clue... How far do you think you can see out over the water on a clear day/night? I bet the answer amazes you. It's usually less than 10 miles. Those lights are far closer than 10 miles. Anyone that has spent time on the water can judge that distance easily.

My question did they show up on his radar or proximity sensor. Almost all newer craft are equipped. This would give exactly how far away. When objects are close to the water they can and will blip on radar.

Just a thought. It looks awesome. There are allot of sightings all along the Gulf Coast, grew up there myself and have had sighting over the water. It is difficult to judge distance on the water but only out past a mile. It also depends on the state of the Gulf at that time. The heavier the surf or waves the harder it is. Especially for small things, once accidentally drifted out on tide two miles with two others. At less than mile people were like ants at two miles the houses were dots.

Like an idiot I swam and almost drowned, they were picked up hours later surrounded by sharks somewhere around twelve miles and dehydrated sun burned and scared to death.

Honestly, this footage is like allot of sightings on the Gulf. I bet the high resolution is pretty good. One thing, many times these transition to USOs. With smaller splitting away from larger.

Thanks to OP nice work. Been away from the water awhile now, nice to reminisce.

The Bot

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I'll go with the details once again, then I'm done with all of this.

Look guys. I'm only here trying to present something as it took place. Instead of the help we were looking for, I'm met with 'HOAX! - It's not what you say - and such kinds of sillyness'. If I knew it would have been this negative by simply presenting something to a place where I THOUGHT there would be interest and some kind of help, (with a few praised exceptions... for you guys.. I REALLY appreciate it. Thank you for the interest and the hard work on trying to finger this oddity. You guys are what I really expected) I would not have bothered with the post or this site. Instead of getting at the bread and butter of the topic, I was met with everything else, responders trying to argue the facts of the person that took the original video.

Plainly put, you either have to trust the information I'm giving you or you dont. If you dont, please move on. You've made up your mind, there is nothing more to see for you. There is no use badgering because you think it's fake, or you think that the facts presented are wrong when you CAN NOT KNOW any way or the other, other than at least giving an ATS member the benifit of a doubt and a chance to be honest. If there was something there that you could disprove, then by all means, do it. But in this case, the person that gave up this information (and we wonder why such people who DO have this kinds of information and evidence tends to hide it and keep it to themselves) was not trying to misslead and gave up the information based on his experiance as a weathered sailor who has been on the waters all of his life. This I know beyond a doubt to be 100% true.

So, I say again. The witness said that the object was about a mile out, so I trust it to be true. He says it was above water, I trust it to be true. Every single detail given by him on the OP, I trust to be true. Why? Because I know the person extreemly well and I know his information to be trusted if he says so, based on his experiance.

I understand you dont know him and cant always go off of what people say, but unless you have anything else, there is nothing wrong with making a response BASED off of the information given. I know it's limited, but hey... it's all that we have. Why is that so hard to do? Why all of the nonsense about fakery, hoax and wether or not the object was above water? If he says it was above water, who would know more than he? He can see what the camera could not. There is no fame or fortune to be made here. We just wanted some honest feedback to at most identify it. Instead, we were met with everything I didn't expect.

For those that remained on topic without the bickering, naysaying and roadblocking, and offered their thoughts and even their time in research, we thank you!

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

hounddoghowlie

your welcome, it kept running through my mind that i saw ufo/lights in destin somewhere before.

edit on 30-10-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

I found out that he picked up the boat around March-April. The topic that you made mention of was made in May. This is such a close range that it's very possible they are seeing the exact same display from different distances. If not the same, then perhaps something going on around the same timeframe. I didn't notice when the other video was taken, so I cant be sure. My Uncle says that what he saw in those videos were exactly the same thing he saw, so we're onto something. We just don't know what! lol

Thanks again!

Edit:

I just went back to the other link you provided and see that it was in March!!! So yes.. They could very well be looking at the exact same objects. How cool is that!!??!!
edit on 31-10-2013 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

dlbott
My question did they show up on his radar or proximity sensor. Almost all newer craft are equipped. This would give exactly how far away. When objects are close to the water they can and will blip on radar.

Just a thought. It looks awesome. There are allot of sightings all along the Gulf Coast, grew up there myself and have had sighting over the water. It is difficult to judge distance on the water but only out past a mile. It also depends on the state of the Gulf at that time. The heavier the surf or waves the harder it is. Especially for small things, once accidentally drifted out on tide two miles with two others. At less than mile people were like ants at two miles the houses were dots.

Like an idiot I swam and almost drowned, they were picked up hours later surrounded by sharks somewhere around twelve miles and dehydrated sun burned and scared to death.

Honestly, this footage is like allot of sightings on the Gulf. I bet the high resolution is pretty good. One thing, many times these transition to USOs. With smaller splitting away from larger.

Thanks to OP nice work. Been away from the water awhile now, nice to reminisce.

The Bot

I dont know if he had any kind of radar. He said that the condition that the sailboat was in when he looked at it, everything was working on it but when he got it out, he found that all of the electrical gear was shot so he had to put his own fixes in place to get it worthy of navigating with his own compass and lights and whatever else he needed. I'm not a sailboater, so I'm not really sure what all he had or uses. I've been on the water quite a bit, but not for sailing, only for work. He has the expriance from both. When he was explaining it to me in person, he showed me everything from where the land was, where he was going and where the object was over his right shoulder and in the air. He even pointed up where he saw it. It was really close but definitely in the air. Out there, you can see much more clearly than the camera lets on. It's so much darker on film. I've tried to lighten it up so we could see the sky and water but no luck.

I still cant imagine what it would be. Everything mentioned here doesn't seem to fit. The closest thing I can imagine would be a flare but I've never seen flairs act that way. Even the plane vids dropping flares, displayed here on this thread, does not seem to fit. The way the blobs of light split and move and vanish seem to be unique to everything mentioned here. Though, flares are still the closest explination I can that that might be it. I just haven't seen anything that's close enough to say it's the same.

The link that one of the responders directed to another thread with the same sightings were strangely exact, but even that thread was not given a definite explination to what the objects are. I really would like to know though. I'm baffled.

The one thing that gets me though. many UFO sightings are described as objects splitting. So either this is something very wild or something common in the millitary is often missidentified by people. My own skeptic mind says it's millitary but I cant say 100% since I can't find anything that acts just like it.

It does stretch the imagination though. It's very cool to say the least.

Thanks for the response!

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I haven't scrolled thru all the replies but I know what it is. I was in Panama City in March and noticed it- it's a helicopter and there is a ship out there with it. Why- I don't know. I'm assuming it has to do with the AFB close by. I never inquired about it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join