It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO: Need Help Identifying. Video Taken 12 Miles Off Coast Of Florida

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Let's try this. I have found a site where I could upload the original. Follow the link and grab the copy. To be clear, this is the original file that came from the iPhone. There is no longer version or anything of the sort. The closest thing to edited there is of this file is what you see on YouTube and that's only because it converted it to be shown on YouTube BY YouTube.

This one is MUCH cleaner and larger. View it full screen and with VLS player if you have one. It will assure you the best quality viewing of this file that I know of.

Download Here

or... filedropper.com/img0517_1

Make sure you add the http and www prefixes
edit on 29-10-2013 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Looks to me like it's rotating, too. I believe Uncle StallionDuck would know which way land was, but It might not be so high off the water that it couldn't be some structure on a tall mast.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by StallionDuck

Download failed.
Looks like maybe you gotta sign up to do that. No thanks.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

So far it's not downloading? If I can get it to download I'll open it in Final Cut Pro and play with the levels and see what we get.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

I know Arkansas is landlocked, and I know I have read your posts in this thread. I also know that my limited maritime experience tells me that it's not a freaking control tower.

From the OP's story, it occurred to me that a likely explanation is some kind of UAV operated by the Coast Guard. They spend a ton of money and resources chasing drug runners around the Gulf. The visit by the Customs agents fits right in with this, but I can't imagine why the craft would be illuminated.

Hounddog makes an excellent point. The Gulf of Mexico is basically the Air Force's playground. Tyndall AFB and Elgin AFB are nearby the location the OP described. It's possible the military was doing some training with flares or something (modern flares do not just fall to the ground), and they radioed the Customs office to check out a "suspicious" vessel.

Still, it looks very strange. Can't blame anyone for thinking UFO, with the lights seeming to rotate like that.
edit on 29-10-2013 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

May still be uploading. Or upload failed. File Size says O KB.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

My best guess is air traffic control.
It isn't flares, IMO.

If it isn't a boat then its air traffic control.
I honestly don't think the OP knows how far off land his uncle was. I imagine his uncle just gave a guesstimate. After all, he couldn't film long. Had to steer. Electricity was out...

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by OpenMindedRealist

Yeah, as I said, you don't know anything about my history.

Nice attempt though. Ya cut me deep, bro!
Haha

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Nice Video. You can tell its rotating, looks like it has 3 sides (triangle shape). It is unidentified for sure. Glad you made it back safe, 12 miles is a long way off the coast, for me that is.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

JayinAR

StallionDuck

JayinAR

You don't have an argument to counter.
You have ZERO DATA.

You have a light and some water.
ZERO data to draw any calculations from whatsoever.

Your argument is dead in the water (pardon the pun)

*Scratches Head*

Really???? So that's your answer huh? No data whatsoever...

Then please move on. Nothing more for you to see here.

Sorry bro. I offered my best guess immediately. Your retort was that we don't know the water, or some such.

You were condescending. So I think I will stick around a bit.

No worries

Sorry to have come off that way. It took a lot of digging to get this up here and get all the info out so that it was half way presentable. If I had another chance of it, I would have done it a little differently myself. I would have brought everything together in one original post to better present my findings. It took this far and this much to get here, where I'm happy with what I was able to put together. Ahh well. Always another day with another topic. I'm not even a big UFO guy, but I must say that this story got me thinking deeply on the subject.

It's funny though. When you finally find something you can show someone (as in his case), one tends to open up about other little sightings they had in life and it's as if a book opens with fascinating tales you had no idea about. I do have family who are pranksters, but none would have jumped on this horse. This, fortunately, comes from one of my uncles that is very serious when it comes to something like this. If he told me a planet appeared on the horizon, I would have to go outside and look. That's how much I trust this guy. He told me of two other things he saw years ago that he always kind of kept to himself that were very cool to hear. I understand though. I mean, who in their right minds would even begin to talk about this stuff to anyone, stranger or friend? It's one of those things where you wait for someone else to bring it up first, and only then do you tell your tale.

Anyways, I think I'll just kick back and read from here. I have given up as much info as I think is available and I'm curious to see if someone can tag the source of this thing to something I can understand, or something that seems logical in my brain.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Really? Strange. I didn't make an account and I downloaded it also and found that it works just fine. Let me try again.

I have closed out my browser and tried again and it works perfectly. I am using chrome but also tried it in IE.

When I clicked on the link, I went to the second "Download" link from the top then added the security number/letters and downloaded just fine. I didn't make any account to upload or download the file.

Please let me know if you guys still can't download it.

edit on 29-10-2013 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

I think you missed my point. I don't insult members, I just have no patience for indefensible arguments.

Don't take it personally.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Hey man, I am a believer.
I was just calling this video as I see it.

Even if we COULD conclusively establish that this thing is not attached to a boat or is definitely not attached to a tower on the shore, we don't have a frame of reference.

Even if it is unidentified, there is nothing to go by here to begin to identify it.

That's all I was saying.
Your uncle can misidentify things just like anyone else. Lord knows I've done it a bunch.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by OpenMindedRealist

You clearly don't understand what it means to actually make an argument.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   

hounddoghowlie
if he was south of destin, i'm gonna say flares.
eglin AFB is in ft. walton just about 5 to ten miles away. hulbert feild afb is right on the gulf 10 to 15 miles away.
tindale afb is in panama city.

i live one mile north of eglin. the past month i can hear them bombing, they do it all the the time.
also i think hulbert has a navy buds traning at hurlbert.

I think this is a plausible explanation as well. Here is a video showing flares at a closer distance; I'm thinking it would look similar to the OP's vid if farther away and dropping them at a higher rate. Just a theory not claiming that they are flares 100%. Still not too sure what that is in the video.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I've done a quick search, and, one thing that looks very similar is chopper searchlight.
maybe its possible for an army chopper to have 4 of these mounted on a rotating rack.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by majesticgent

Another problem I see with flares (although I agree it is plausible) is the degree of separation between the lights throughout the video. The "sequence" starts at the right and moves to the left, but each time, between the first and second light, there is a consistent degree of separation.
It looks exactly the same each time.

I get the feeling its a stationary object. A light rotating.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Closing and reopening browser did the trick. I'll see if the vid editor helps us figure it out.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

You may wanna check in the glow of the light on the water. There may be an outline of a mast or a tower in the middle of the glow.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
you know i just thought about this thread from last year ufo/ lights in destin.
looks like the same lights in the screen shots.

UNIDENTIFIED LIGHTS over the Gulf March 15th 2012 DESTIN FLORIDA Two different videos / angles Real

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join