It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your favorite horror movie?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
The best horror stories are those that could be true or that could happen to you. The blood bath massive kill off of college co-eds aren't real and therefore are not really scary. The Exorcist is the most frightening because IT CAN HAPPEN ... and the movie is based on real events. That makes it the most frightening movie ever (so far) ... IMHO.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by catfishjoe

the strangers
www.youtube.com...

dawn of the dead 2004
www.youtube.com...

evil dead 1983
youtu.be...

the exorcist
www.youtube.com...

there are others...... many others but these stand out for me.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

opethPA

Pillywiggin
"Prince of Darkness."

I am assuming you are talking about the legendary John Carpenter's Prince of Darkness.. Not a psychological film really but a mixture of physics and the devil with a cameo by Alice Cooper.. =)

www.imdb.com...

Great Movie...gave me nightmares.
"...this is not a dream. We are transmitting directly to your (subconscious?) From the year 1999..." and the shadowy figure in the doorway...damn. The creepy homeless people turned into undead automatons ran by swarms of bugs for their insides... Awesome premise as well with the whole Jesus was a mathematician/astrophysicist thing who imprisoned all chaos in that tube. Must be seen.

While we are on Carpenter...
Has anyone even mentioned the original "Halloween"? Classic. It made a guy in a Bill Shatner mask and coveralls spook people to this day!

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

The best ever horror film made. The Night Of The Demon aka Curse Of The Demon:-

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

catfishjoe
Okay, so Halloween is almost here and certain channels are playing horror movies all day and night. This got me to thinking about which movie scared or freaked me out then most. Mine would have to be the original Exorsist. I first saw it when I was about 13. Lord almighty that movie scared me something terrible. I wanna known from my fellow ats members what their favorite horror movie is?

Me too, l actually went to a special midnight showing at the cinema when it came out, l missed so much of the film by covering my eyes, that l had to go another couple of times to see the rest of it.

These days, although l adore Horror films l can never watch that film ever again, l can't even look at still shots from the film, or listen to the soundtrack. And l have no idea why, maybe because it was suppose to be based on a true story, and the mythology around the making of the film.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
"The Haunting" from 1963.

I won't give anything away, but as I lay in bed watching it suddenly the entire bed began to shake. I was not consciously scared, but just watched my reaction as I realized it was my muscles which were shaking and then my hair stood up on end - first and only time that happened.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I just saw The Conjuring, and I loved it. One of the better horror movies to come out in a while.
My all time favorite though was always The Evil Dead. The original movie, that one creeped me out and still kind of does...lol

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

opethPA

Pillywiggin
"Prince of Darkness."

I am assuming you are talking about the legendary John Carpenter's Prince of Darkness.. Not a psychological film really but a mixture of physics and the devil with a cameo by Alice Cooper.. =)

www.imdb.com...

Yes!! That is exactly the one! I might even dive in and watch it again. There are so many great movies mentioned in this thread, I feel a marathon weekend coming on.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Dawn of the Dead (Surprisingly, the reboot is excellent as well)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Danse Macabre 1964 Italian

Edgar Allen Poe tries convinces a young journalist that all his stories are indeed true. To prove his point Poe makes a wager with young Allen that he will not spend one night in the Old Blackwoods Castle. Upon arriving owner Mr. Blackwood and Poe try to convince Allen to forget the bet because on all hallows eve the dead come back to life for one day to recreate the matter of their death.

Inside Allen meets the long dead Elizabeth(The Beautiful Barbara Steele) and her lover Julia and discovers the secret of the Castle.

Some tidbits on this masterpiece.

Although some ads say 'Edgar Allen Poe's' Danse Macabre the great American Hack only has metaphorical connections to the film. An expert on Poe told me that when drunk(a common occurrence) Poe would write 'Chants" which are, as she said: The literary equivalent to arguing with ones self. In two of these he mentions 'the lovely Elizabeth' and 'Blackwood Castle'. That is his only connection with the film.

Margrete Robsahm who portrayed Elizabeth's aggressive lesbian lover never acted again-which is indeed a shame as she is the scariest of all the long dead.

The remake Castello di Sangue di Dracula or Dracula's Castle of Blood" is overproduced as the simplicity of the film was it's trademark-Of course without Barbara Steele it never had much of a chance.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Can someone please tell me how/where I can watch The Dead Zone (1983) online for free?

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
To me one film sums up real horror and fear is THREADS.

www.youtube.com...
edit on p201311pAmerica/Chicago135amTue, 05 Nov 2013 05:31:04 -060013 by pompeygary because: Problem with video link.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Saw series... i like splatters...
And movies about aliens and stuff like this

I don't have a real favourite horror movie.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
For me it has to be The Devil Rides Out, based on the book by Dennis Wheatley. My favourite but certainly not the scariest.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join