It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your favorite horror movie?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Okay, so Halloween is almost here and certain channels are playing horror movies all day and night. This got me to thinking about which movie scared or freaked me out then most. Mine would have to be the original Exorsist. I first saw it when I was about 13. Lord almighty that movie scared me something terrible. I wanna known from my fellow ats members what their favorite horror movie is?

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
The Day After Tomorrow....

Deep Impact....

Outbreak

Yes. I know it isn't Nightmare On Elm Street, but those movies never did/do scare me. The above movies have a chance of actually happening and if I dwell on it long enough it does send a shiver of fear up my spine. They will keep me awake thinking about it if I let them.

My husband on the other hand.... Motel Hell all the way. Farmer Vincent's Smoked Meats has a special place in HIS (our) heart. ugh.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Silent Hill

And the one I find most disturbing is "Human Centipede".

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Bambi.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
No, I mean the Lion King.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
No, not the Lion King. It is actually Bambi.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Sorry, what was the question again?

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Stephen Kings "It"...

Stephen King's "It" (Georgie Scene)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPdDdC4go6c
www.youtube.com...

Full Movie when your bored:

IT 1990) A Stephen King's Film
www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHHFade7cdQ
www.youtube.com...

edit on 29-10-2013 by AbleEndangered because: addition

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Xquizit
Silent Hill

And the one I find most disturbing is "Human Centipede".

Saw both of the centipede movies.....but the second one I had to skip a few parts. Too much for this guy.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Kangaruex4Ewe
The Day After Tomorrow....

Deep Impact....

Outbreak

Yes. I know it isn't Nightmare On Elm Street, but those movies never did/do scare me. The above movies have a chance of actually happening and if I dwell on it long enough it does send a shiver of fear up my spine. They will keep me awake thinking about it if I let them.

My husband on the other hand.... Motel Hell all the way. Farmer Vincent's Smoked Meats has a special place in HIS (our) heart. ugh.

Great movies!!! Not familiar with Motel Hell. I will check it out!!

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

AbleEndangered
Stephen Kings "It"...

Stephen King's "It" (Georgie Scene)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPdDdC4go6c
www.youtube.com...

Full Movie when your bored:

IT 1990) A Stephen King's Film
www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHHFade7cdQ
www.youtube.com...

edit on 29-10-2013 by AbleEndangered because: addition

Clowns!!!! The toy clown in the Poltergeist movie scared the crap out ta me.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Two Thousand Maniacs. 1964
My first splatter movie. In a Brigadoon manner, a southern town of maniacs reappears every 20 years and the town folk torture the living crap out of passing travelers.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by catfishjoe

If you do, just recall that I did not recommend it.

My husband likes all the really corny horror flicks. Motel Hell more than fits the bill.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
The Exorcist still holds up in my opinion, it is a film that they should never remake.. The 2 one was forgettable at best..The prequel was ok in parts, depending on which version you watched. The 3 one on the other hand is a great film on it's own with amazing performances. It has one of the best jump scares out there..

Martyr(s) is a recent film that people rave about..I liked it, was a good challenging watch but I am not sure that it warrants the praise it gets.

A Serbian Film is about as bleak a film as you can get.. When i finished watching that I pretty much wanted to throw myself off a bridge..

Hellraiser I and II just for the mythology...Was just reading Clive Barker will be writing the relaunch of that and it will star Doug Bradley...

Poltergeist oddly enough also holds up for me..it still does what horror is meant to do and that is create a visceral response...

Rue Morgue did a list last year of the 200 Alternative Horror films you have to see..lots of good films on there..Rue Morgue 200 Films to See
edit on 2013pAmerica/Chicago3109ppm by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Kangaruex4Ewe

If you do, just recall that I did not recommend it.

My husband likes all the really corny horror flicks. Motel Hell more than fits the bill.

Gotcha. Thanks for the warning!!

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

opethPA
The Exorcist still holds up in my opinion, it is a film that they should never remake.. The 2 one was forgettable at best..The prequel was ok in parts, depending on which version you watched. The 3 one on the other hand is a great film on it's own with amazing performances. It has one of the best jump scares out there..

Martyr(s) is a recent film that people rave about..I liked it, was a good challenging watch but I am not sure that it warrants the praise it gets.

A Serbian Film is about as bleak a film as you can get.. When i finished watching that I pretty much wanted to throw myself off a bridge..

Hellraiser I and II just for the mythology...Was just reading Clive Barker will be writing the relaunch of that and it will star Doug Bradley...

Poltergeist oddly enough also holds up for me..it still does what horror is meant to do and that is create a visceral response...

Rue Morgue did a list last year of the 200 Alternative Horror films you have to see..lots of good films on there..Rue Morgue 200 Films to See
edit on 2013pAmerica/Chicago3109ppm by opethPA because: (no reason given)

Great!!! Thanks for the link!!

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AbleEndangered

I personally don't think it gets any better than Stephen King...

Christine
Pet Cemetery
The Shining
...and so many more.

And that's without his books. Do people still read? The book "IT" scared me to death. I slept with a nightlight for months. LOL. But my favorite will always be Insomnia.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Audition
Night of the Living Dead(1968)
Pet Cemetery
Cabin In the Woods
28 Days Later
Rosemary's Baby
Misery
The Shining
Alien
Silence of the Lambs
The Devil's Backbone
Cujo

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I love Stephen King. One of the best horror books I've ever read is "Summer of Night" by Dan Simmons, and I think the all-time scariest book I ever read is "Faerie Tale" by Raymond Feist.

For movies, I have to agree with "The Exorcist" and "It." I also like "The Changeling" with George C. Scott, and one that I saw about twenty years ago called "Prince of Darkness." I don't remember too many details, but I remember being creeped out for a long time after I saw it, because it was mostly psychological terror. I never wanted to see it again, because it bothered me so much.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Martin75
reply to post by AbleEndangered

I personally don't think it gets any better than Stephen King...

Christine
Pet Cemetery
The Shining
...and so many more.

And that's without his books. Do people still read? The book "IT" scared me to death. I slept with a nightlight for months. LOL. But my favorite will always be Insomnia.

Insomnia? Book or movie? Not familiar with it

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join