It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who would you like to see in Star Wars VII?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
A recent thread here: STAR WARS!!! details a supposed movie poster for the upcoming Episode VII in the works.

Whether real, or not, some actors faces are on the poster which begs the question of who's going to be in the film, and in what capacity?

Thus, who do YOU want to see in the film, and in what capacity?
Whoever they are, they'll likely maintain appearances throughout the entire VII, VIII, and IX episodes, if they don't get killed off.

That begs another question; Historically, Disney, who now owns Star Wars, hasn't been too Game of Thrones about killing off characters. The recent John Carter film might give us a potential view on how Disney is going to address the cinematic demise of characters, or not. How 'bloody' will the new Star Wars be?

Anyway, for my own nomination, I'd really lurv to see the girl that plays Hit Girl in that Kicka** movie play a role. I rather enjoy her screen presence in the role of an action hero.
Chloe something? (I'm horrible with actor names)

I also like the girl that played in that movie Hanna; Saoirse Ronan. I've seen her play a role as vampire in the movie Byzantium, and also as an alien in the movie The Host, as well as acting in Lovely Bones and even as a child in the movie City of Ember. I rather enjoy her subtle intensity, diversity, and repertoire.

For guys, I kinda like the guy that plays the giant werewolf in the last Underworld movie. Funny enough, he also plays a werewolf in the TV series Lost Girl.

I also think Eddie Izzard should should play a well seen role.

As to the old original actors, I'm not sure how I feel about them having too much face time.
The Han Solo character and actor, sure, but, the others, eh.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I liked the books by ...I forget

I would love to see the old cast and me in it as anything

Oh and hitgirl and eddie...bang on
Eddie can play a cool bad guy.
edit on 29-10-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

I personally would like to the see the Rouge Squadron story play out mixed with the rise of the New Jedi Order. That would be chronologically correct way to do it.

Grim

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I haven't read any of the books, so, I've no clue what a post-Vader Universe is going to look like.

I've a feeling they'll not stick to any of the books, however, and at most only nod to them.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Oh I agree they will not, the main cast may be too old for it now...to be honest they should have just let it rest but there are billions of bucks at stake and they will drag star wars out as long as poss.
I have even heard of 3 different TV series one to do with the young Vader story.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
in the books, princess Leia give birth to twins and the father is Han Solo. The two brothers are meant to become the two most powerful jedi ever...
I haven't read the books, but a frien of mine who read them once told me that...
edit on 29-10-2013 by sweeper84 because: typo

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Here are few that would be cool!

Christian bale
Gerard Butler
The guy that played Lucian(underworld)
Tobey Maguire
Bill Hader

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by sweeper84

yeah I want it to play out the way the books did.

Like Luke going to the Dark side...

Twin Jedi maneuvers would be really cool!!

and playing on that connection twins have again...

I want them to get Unfamiliar actors, no superstar cast.

Make a new superstar cast!!
edit on 30-10-2013 by AbleEndangered because: additions

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Ricky Gervais, as himself...

Å99

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Lucas broke such big actors, I'd like to see the same happen here, not flashy flavour of the month actors.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Batista
Anthony Hopkins
the guy who played Leonidas (300)
Jet Li

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by 0d1n5Unh0ly6h05t

I really like the idea of Jet Li having a part. The man is already a Jedi in real life.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Timothy Zahn did the follow on books, the Thrawn Trilogy.

This would be a good one, but they haven't exactly stuck to tradition in the past, as I think it will be with this one.

New characters with a cameo role for the older ones would be good, but can't really think of any names. Going with SW tradition though, they should stick with the unknown element for their cast with a couple of well-knowns in the mix. Seems to have worked ok for the other six.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
No Hannah Montana!

Harrison ford, Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, etc can play the older versions of their characters for continuity.

No Jar Jar Binks!

C3PO and R2D2 have to be in it or no deal!!

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Scarlett Johansen!

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

I will go see the new Star Wars movie because the old crew will be back. Mark, Harrison, Carrie, though they have really aged.

new topics

top topics

join