It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe WW3 is unescapable

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
we need a war and the half of the earth's population to be gone
we need to reduce our needs and use less that we use right now
[snip]

Before we start arguing, please watch this
www.youtube.com...

it is long... over one hour, but, for those who think, not boring at all

PS: if this link doesn't work for you, try this www.youtube.com... go to the bottom, the all first video " "The Most IMPORTANT Video You'll Ever See"
edit on 29-10-2013 by KrzYma because: (no reason given)

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 29-10-2013 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I got the gist of this after seeing who was talking and hearing him for about 10 seconds or less and honestly when I saw it was from Boulder Colorado I already knew what I was getting into my fears were solidified (I once lived nearby).

Spoiler Alert *it looks like a boring statistics class*, nothing about WWIII. Basically prices go up, population goes up, we have enough coal for x number of years, the sun has x amount of output..., democracy destroyed by population growth [interesting... nope it isn't].... statistics is the art of being able to say anything you want and back it up with research...

I fail to see why this video is even part of the thread. I actually don't understand this thread at all.

Yes world War III is inevitable because someone has a statistic that says things will run out... everything eventually grows old as well.

Same old story... people in the civilised world end up feeling they should stop having children while people in the 3rd world continue to reproduce and out number us. Yeah... lets stop having children so we can all be dead in 80 years and the planet becomes a third world pit... then we act all surprised on our deathbeds because we thought we we're helping the planet... (that's already happening btw)

Altruism sucks.

So... the question is why do you think a statistics class has anything to do with an upcoming war? Were you paying attention in the class? test your results by dividing sigma and mu and blah blah.

edit on 29-10-2013 by Volund because: added...

edit on 29-10-2013 by Volund because: what is this threads point?

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
World war is inevitable, no matter what number you attribute to it.

And we will reach a point where the population will most likely become unstable and we will witness massive sustainability problems, and while we will throw technology at it, it will only be maintennance. People will die. People ARE dieing now due to poverty and trying to live in areas that simply are not sustainable without technology to support it.

War and poverty are inevitable. Eventually it will return to a state of temporary equilibrium until things become comfortable once more and then the entire process starts again.

We're a blip on the radar. A spec in the timeline of everything. It's really ignorant of us to assume that this is how it will be forever and ever, a world without end, amen...

In a way we are the lucky ones. But then, I guess people living a thousand years ago could say the same as to them, they were the pinnacle of their time. In a thousand years time, despite all the problems that may be around, they too will assume they have got it as good as it can be.

We only see around us with such short vision. Everything else is history or future. No one realises that history is only as far away as yesterday and the future is only as far away as tomorrow.

Every day, each single day, connects us to the dinosaurs and the time when we live on mars... there is no leap of reality. Just one day at a time.

War will certainly come. the world will see more atrocity than it has ever. and it will be normal to those witnessing it because to them, it was always going to be that way.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
why don't you step forward and get the ball rolling, reducing the worlds population.
that's one of the problems with those who say reduce the population, they are not willing to volunteer to reach the goal. if everyone that said such would step forward, we'd have a pretty good start.

ETA: action speaks louder than words.
edit on 29-10-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

winofiend
World war is inevitable, no matter what number you attribute to it.

And we will reach a point where the population will most likely become unstable and we will witness massive sustainability problems, and while we will throw technology at it, it will only be maintennance. People will die. People ARE dieing now due to poverty and trying to live in areas that simply are not sustainable without technology to support it.

War and poverty are inevitable. Eventually it will return to a state of temporary equilibrium until things become comfortable once more and then the entire process starts again.

We're a blip on the radar. A spec in the timeline of everything. It's really ignorant of us to assume that this is how it will be forever and ever, a world without end, amen...

In a way we are the lucky ones. But then, I guess people living a thousand years ago could say the same as to them, they were the pinnacle of their time. In a thousand years time, despite all the problems that may be around, they too will assume they have got it as good as it can be.

We only see around us with such short vision. Everything else is history or future. No one realises that history is only as far away as yesterday and the future is only as far away as tomorrow.

Every day, each single day, connects us to the dinosaurs and the time when we live on mars... there is no leap of reality. Just one day at a time.

War will certainly come. the world will see more atrocity than it has ever. and it will be normal to those witnessing it because to them, it was always going to be that way.

Magnificent!

BTW, you have one of the best profile pictures of all time.
Is that your kitty? Is that a mutated Sphinx cat?

There are only a few questions on the table;

1) Will humans go extinct within such and such a time?
(99% of all species to ever live on the Earth are extinct
now!)

2) Will humans manage some form of transhumanism?
If they do, that means they can probably travel
in normal space or "other space".

3) Will humans be reduced to eating rats and barely
surviving for endless millions of years?

4) Do humans actually matter? Perhaps humans will
just decide to 'pack it in'?

Now I don't care about illuminati stories, or lizard
stories or whatever.. if something crazy like this
is actually true.. then humans will be 'force
evolved' -- just like with the other options..

Any way you look at it, humans like us that
live now, will evolve into something else..
That's my take-away... we are not sustainable
or even 'sentient' in the opinion of other species
right now..... or go extinct.

I wish we had surveys...

KPB

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by KellyPrettyBear

One thing is for sure, the past indicates that in a sustained apocalypse, humans will always survive. Some suggest that we're at the end of our physical evolution, that we'll never look any different. Others are of the opinion that the next phase is set to be a dimensional one. The 3rd dimension isn't where we belong. Things were once much nicer.

WW3 will be done behind the scenes with artificial acts of nature, I contend. It's going to be creative this time.

edit on 29-10-2013 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Yay, another transhumanist!

Have you read Dan Brown's new book?

In other news: I wouldn't like it (to say the least) if my family which I love more than anything in the world would die from the plague newly constructed by some insane scientist who believes "he does the world a favor"!

Do yourself a favor, dear insane scientist, and release us from your presence - before dropping the virus. Kthxbye!

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Volund

Hi,

my title of the thread is just a question, although the question mark is missing.
This vid is not like other scaremongering youtube predictions or something like this.

Even if most of the people are educated to a certain degree, exponential functions are more difficult to understand.

This 'old guy' is not only talking about math, he also shows the lies in media and scientific community.

what this 'basic school lesson' has to do with WW3 ? I think everything, provided the listener can abstract what this vid is talking about and project this thoughts on to economy and politics.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   

hounddoghowlie
why don't you step forward and get the ball rolling, reducing the worlds population.
that's one of the problems with those who say reduce the population, they are not willing to volunteer to reach the goal. if everyone that said such would step forward, we'd have a pretty good start.

actually I DO !!

I pay tax money, my government is using to fight wars and kill people.
I buy things that are produced on humans blood, like cellphone, TVs, clothing produced in Bangladesh or China.
I drive a car that runs on petroleum...
just to mention a few things I do

AND... from my 4 grand parents, over my parents, I'm the only one who lives, and no, I will not have kids.

how are you helping on this overpopulation/over-consumption dilemma ?

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   

ManFromEurope
Yay, another transhumanist!

Have you read Dan Brown's new book?

In other news: I wouldn't like it (to say the least) if my family which I love more than anything in the world would die from the plague newly constructed by some insane scientist who believes "he does the world a favor"!

Do yourself a favor, dear insane scientist, and release us from your presence - before dropping the virus. Kthxbye!

nobody would like this, but still, it does not reduce the problem we are facing.
resources will vanish, no virus will be needed then...

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

KrzYma

hounddoghowlie

actually I DO !!

I pay tax money, my government is using to fight wars and kill people.
I buy things that are produced on humans blood, like cellphone, TVs, clothing produced in Bangladesh or China.
I drive a car that runs on petroleum...
just to mention a few things I do

this sounds like your benefiting from the suffering of the poor and oppressed people of the world, and destroying the worlds eco system. just like 1% of the elitists,that do regardless of what some people say, do pay some taxes, who yell depopulate. but are not willing give up their lavish lifestyle, that they live off the backs of the very ones they want to eliminate.

AND... from my 4 grand parents, over my parents, I'm the only one who lives, and no, I will not have kids.

this sadly for you, sounds even more like a worlder. in my time here on the big blue planet, i've seen two types.
one says get rid of all the useless eaters, so me and my kids can have it all. provided off the backs of the ones left that we exploit.
then there's the ones, who are to ugly inside and out, and can't get and keep a man/ woman, but are not willing to check out on their own. these are the ones who try to live forever, and are usually more selfish than the latter.

how are you helping on this overpopulation/over-consumption?

that's easy, i got sniped after the second one. couldn't afford any more. i don't have two nickels to rub together because of them and the ol'lady. but i love each one more than life it's self and would step forward in a heart beat if i thought doing so would save them. which by the way it won't.

with that being said, why not lead by example, and stop being part of the population/ consumption problem that you seem to be worried about for the rest of the world, and check out. just think there would less overpopulation/over-consumption in the word if you would just volunteer to be one of the leaders and it would be a great start to solving this dilemma. hell if you have friends or family, that feel the same way ask them... no demand them to join you in this endeavor, and leave this world, so it will become a better place for those of us that wish to remain.

just so you know there are plenty of mathematicians that have put forth equations that never come to pass.

edit on 30-10-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
thought i would post this page, it's a wiki, just becuase it's the fastest.
there are many that mirrior this. just google.

so i got to tell ya that old bald geezer, just doesn't have a clue, and i think that if he feels this way he should be one of the first volunteers that i have been calling for.

Current UN projections show a continued increase in population in the near future (but a steady decline in the population growth rate), with the global population expected to reach between 8.3 and 10.9 billion by 2050.[10][11] UN Population Division estimates for the year 2150 range between 3.2 and 24.8 billion;[12] mathematical modeling supports the lower estimate.[13]

World Population

this from the same wiki futher down.

Using linear interpolation and extrapolation of UNDESA population estimates, the world population has doubled, or will double, in the following years (with two different starting points). Note how, during the 2nd millennium, each doubling took roughly half as long as the previous doubling, fitting the hyperbolic growth model mentioned above. However, after 2025 it is unlikely that there will be another doubling of the global population in the 21st century.[117]

i also found this funny.

During the 20th century, the global population saw its greatest increase in known history, rising from about 1.6 billion in 1900 to over 6 billion in 2000. This increase was due to a number of factors, including the lessening of the mortality rate in many countries by improved sanitation and medical advances, and a massive increase in agricultural productivity attributed to the Green Revolution.[95][96][97]

so one of the things worlders scream for, has caused one of the things they scream about.
edit on 30-10-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I'm afraid that WWIII may be inevitable, but it's not because of the "numbers" game. It's because of people like you and the rest of them who grew up in a world without major, large scale conflict. So you ponder such things and tell yourself that "of course, it will be horrible" but necessary because you simply can't conceive of the true scale of the horror it would be. To you, it's all academic, bloodless.

The last generation who experienced are mostly very, very old or dead, and our schools do not teach the lessons of that generation and the things they saw and suffered as effectively as they should be taught, and even if they did, there are plenty of people who simply would not believe until they experience such for themselves. And right now, that's the generation in power without any tempering influence left from those who really knew better.

In other words, because we haven't learned from our past, we are essentially going to be doomed to repeat it.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Maybe it's different in US, but Europa is stuffed with cheap stuff from Asia region. The less money someone has, the more of this cheep stuff ends up in the shopping basket.
What I've said about what I'm doing, I've meant it ironically. Look, there is no other way, at least for me, not to buy that stuff. You mistaken me with some bankster or so...

in my time here on the big blue planet, i've seen two types. one says get rid of all the useless eaters, so me and my kids can have it all. provided off the backs of the ones left that we exploit. then there's the ones, who are to ugly inside and out, and can't get and keep a man/ woman, but are not willing to check out on their own. these are the ones who try to live forever, and are usually more selfish than the latter.

OK, if this is the world you live in....
there must be also some third group, I'm definitely different than you so can't follow you into any of this groups...

with that being said, why not lead by example, and stop being part of the population/ consumption problem that you seem to be worried about for the rest of the world, and check out. just think there would less overpopulation/over-consumption in the word if you would just volunteer to be one of the leaders and it would be a great start to solving this dilemma. hell if you have friends or family, that feel the same way ask them... no demand them to join you in this endeavor, and leave this world, so it will become a better place for those of us that wish to remain.

why should I ??? Is it possible you have an quite false impression on me ?

Please let me clear something out, the first two lines my thread are provocative on purpose.
I maybe should have put them into question marks, forcing them to sound more sarcastic, but I didn't.
I wanted to see the reaction.

Current UN projections show a continued increase in population in the near future (but a steady decline in the population growth rate), with the global population expected to reach between 8.3 and 10.9 billion by 2050.[10][11] UN Population Division estimates for the year 2150 range between 3.2 and 24.8 billion;[12] mathematical modeling supports the lower estimate.[13] Some analysts have questioned the sustainability of further world population growth, highlighting the growing pressures on the environment, global food supplies, and energy resources.[14][15][16]

...highlighting the growing pressures on the environment, global food supplies, and energy resources.
this means nothing less than WAR. Think about it, global food supplies and energy resources will stimulate the shrink in population, more people die than will be born.

How do you reduce predicted 11 billion in 2050 to just 3.2 in just 100 Years ??
that's three generations, you would need an one kid policy on the whole world !! How do you do that???
You could let some big group out of food so they starve to dead, wouldn't that lead into a war as well?

Therefore I see the prediction of 24.8 more realistic, however, WW3 over resources is unescapable in that case.

Using linear interpolation and extrapolation of UNDESA population estimates, the world population has doubled, or will double, in the following years (with two different starting points). Note how, during the 2nd millennium, each doubling took roughly half as long as the previous doubling, fitting the hyperbolic growth model mentioned above. However, after 2025 it is unlikely that there will be another doubling of the global population in the 21st century.

again... "after 2025 it is unlikely that there will be another doubling of the global population in the 21st century"
how do they come to this conclusion ?? Does someone think people will somehow realize 2 or more kids is an bead idea for the world, I doubt that.

During the 20th century, the global population saw its greatest increase in known history, rising from about 1.6 billion in 1900 to over 6 billion in 2000. This increase was due to a number of factors, including the lessening of the mortality rate in many countries by improved sanitation and medical advances, and a massive increase in agricultural productivity attributed to the Green Revolution.

this says exactly why the population will grow to predicted 24 billion in 2150, or do you think people suddenly stop develop in India, China and other overpopulated countries. That everyone stops drinking clean water, taking the medicine or eat.
It's worse, they will use more resources and this will lead into conflicts... therefore WW3

for now I see no alternative, do you ?
please let me know how to solve this problem if you know it.

new topics

top topics

join