It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frankenstein and the Illuminati

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Im doing a research paper on the connection between mary shelley's Frankenstein and the Illuminati. I've had a lot of trouble finding concrete information anywhere and i was wondering if anybody could give me any information or any type of leads on what to research. Thanks

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Some info here:

en.wikipedia.org...

And even more from here:

www.google.com...

Hope that helps you some.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Frankenstein is a symbolic story. It is symbolic of how astral vampirism is used to create a new being from an old one. The slab is symbolic of a bed, and the corpse symbolizes a sleeping body. Astral projecting occultists experiment, which is what God does by nature. If you can't astral project reliably night after night, and keep the body protected while you are out, you might become the subject of experiment.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Well i am aware of basic connection between the two but im looking for something between the two. I know Percy Shelley was a memeber, i know about the symbolic ties between the two but there are some areas that i know of vaguely but cant come up with any hard info. I have heard some stuff about 18th century experiments done by the Collins family meant to create life and how Frankenstein is really supposed to convey their story. Any info at all would help...

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I was under the impression that the illuminati were fictional.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 04:42 AM
link   
actually quite factual ... Wake Up Zombie boy/girl

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
sorry, sorry, yeah they are factual, i just misread.

Its easy to confuse "factual" and "fictional" when you are reading

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
The only real connection I see is that in the 1970's, the move "Young Frankenstein" came out and Steve Jackson came out with the Illuminati Game at SJ Games.

Mary Shelly's sources (I don't know why someone was citing ol' Percy) are widely known and include some things that happened during the summer she was writing the book (your teacher probably won't accept web sources but this is a good place to use as a starting point for references):
www.kimwoodbridge.com...

Percy Bysshe Shelley was hardly a member of any secret society. He was, in fact, against all secret societies and ranted about them occasionally:
www.mc.maricopa.edu...

A more interesting line of research is HOW this young woman (who grew up in the days when girls were mostly uneducated) developed a fairly sophisticated plot based around some reasonable (for those times) medical details. It's talked about here:
www.kimwoodbridge.com...

Please note that those of us (probably including your teacher) who like the book are also aware that Mary Shelley kept diaries and talked in them about her writing. No Illuminati. No secret societies. Lots of dodging bills and other stuff, however.

[edit on 20-11-2004 by Byrd]

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I think you should check out the Fiensteine - Illuminati connection

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Mary Shelly would simply be an example of effective cover maintained. She would not have to be involved with any known secret society, or occult group to be what I think of as an Illuminatti member (not the Bavarain sect as much as a member of an illuminated underground). Any knowledge she possess on such issues would never be written down in plain language. If it were written down at all, it would be in symbolically encryted form, i.e. in story form, which is a very standard practice. "Medical details" would be standard issue knowledge for people who practice surgery on etheric doubles, etc.... The Frankenstein story is made use of in a technically correct, symbolic fashion by movie makers (Rocky Horror, etc...) as it relates to astral-occult vampirism. The idea is that a new person can be made from from old via "bite." The idea of transplanting brains and body parts (talents), as well as using machinery (symbolic of astral ritual presence, born of secret network influence) to animate a "vehicle" is a symbolic encryption of what can occur in someone's bedroom over the course of a decade or more. These people do their best journaling in their mind's eye only. Anything else is cover. What they say about their works out in the open is different from what they think of their works. Concrete information can only be arrived at by some serious thinking and researching on your part, to the point were your research paper will be turned in a decade or two late. The information is simply not to be found in clear, explicit form.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I'm currently reading a book called "To Eliminate the Opiate" by Rabbi Marvin Antelman, and on p. 122 of Vol. 1 he mentions that both Percy and Mary Shelley were members of the Illuminati. Antelman quotes the Catholic Encyclopedia, 1913 ed., Vol. 7, p. 661 regarding this.

Hope this helps.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
What are the chances Jon that you would bump this thread with older Scorpio Shaping Flow posts, less than a day after I just bumped two of his threads?

(And I won't even get into the writings on the Zionist, Marxist, Jesuit, etc. stuff you've brought up along with it, unless someone can usefully connect it to the astral vampirism subject I'm about to quote here)

Anyway, the following is likely to be the most important post(s) in this thread:

Originally posted by Scorpio Shaping Flow
Frankenstein is a symbolic story. It is symbolic of how astral vampirism is used to create a new being from an old one. The slab is symbolic of a bed, and the corpse symbolizes a sleeping body. Astral projecting occultists experiment, which is what God does by nature. If you can't astral project reliably night after night, and keep the body protected while you are out, you might become the subject of experiment.

Originally posted by Scorpio Shaping Flow
Mary Shelly would simply be an example of effective cover maintained. She would not have to be involved with any known secret society, or occult group to be what I think of as an Illuminatti member....

[edit on 28-6-2009 by Tamahu]

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Realize this is a VERY old thread, however, looking into the same topic, might be able to share more information on this. Most of this info comes from the book "Perfectibilists" by Terry Melanson.

Have not found anything confirming that Percy was actually in the Illuminati - however he was fascinated with the memoirs of Abbe Barruel, who translated many of the writings of Illuminati.

pg 164:

Shelley happened upon Barruel's Memoirs, and then read all four volumes "again and again" ... particularly taken with the conspiratorial account of the Illuminati

pg 165:

in early 1814, Shelley met Willian Godwin's daughter, Mary (Shelley)... "Mary had been introduced to one of Shelley's favorite books, the Abbe Barruel's Memoirs... here, Barruel traced the birth of 'the monster called Jacobin' to the secret society of the Illuminati at Inglostadt."

And of course, Inglostadt is where Victor Frankenstein animated his creature.

So, there's the link, at least according to Terry.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
you would be better off examining her abortion, husband, and how it lead to the theme of her novel

and rent gothic. but first, read this villa diodati

and this fusili's the nightmare

enjoy

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Nice post.

Did Mary Shelley not die soon after writing "Frankenstein?" Drowned along w/ her F**k buddy? Sorry but don't the term for male-mistress. Boating accident, they were lost at sea or some thing like that. She died young, early 20s.

top topics

join