It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How you sound to yourself when speaking.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I always get blown away by my deep chocolaty voice when I hear it played back to me because when I speak the sound I hear is always an octave higher than I actually sound.
Anyone know why?
I have women at work swooning over my voice maybe I should use it somehow
any ideas?
Oh and yes I have had a drink

edit on 29-10-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Yes,it was explained to me that you tend to hear your voice as it reverberates down your jawbone,so the sound is somewhat muted.BTW I hate my voice,I didn't even know it was me talking on a tape recorder when I was 19,I couldn't stand it.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimithae

Yeah to me my voice is unrecognizable, If I didn't know it was me I would put money on it being someone else.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
My voice is higher than I think it is, not to mention a lot softer. People tell me to speak louder, but if I do, it feels like I'm yelling.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

The more passionate I am when I talk, the higher my voice. But when I've had indulgences I'm not allowed to discuss here, my voice gets much deeper because I ssslllooowww dddooowwwnnn. I like it better that way, actually. I sound years younger when I'm sober. And because I like operating at a moderate speed, unlike the jack rabbit pace I usually maintain.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
i hate hearing my voice on anything it always sounds squeeky to me but everyone has said to me that my voice is deep and travells through walls etc .

even when i think i am being quiet i have been told it is loud i did notice when i shout i do get noticed

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by EllaMarina

know that feeling... lol

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
It's funny, because I've noticed the same thing. I've had a lot of compliments about my voice, people even telling me I should be on the radio. When I speak, however, it sounds totally different than when I hear a recording of myself.

I agree with you, my voice sounds about an octave deeper when played back to me.

I have no idea why this is, but imagine it has something to do with the difference in acoustics from hearing the voice originate inside your body versus hearing it from an external source.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I sound like this guy....

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Ooh... not bad!

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Sugar I sound like a sweet, sexy true southern belle to my own ears or anyone else that is listening.....
just ask anyone who has ever spoken with me. There are a few running around the boards here somewhere, a few that you know!

Enjoy your drinks buddy!

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Chickadee we gotta speak over the phone just for a giggle one day.
You know you are one of my ATS mistresses

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I'm always surprised at how I sound when I hear my voice.

It used to bother me when I was much younger but now days, meh.

I do ATS Live every Saturday night and to hear myself now doesn't bother me at all.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I spent so long not actually speaking, that when I started again it was shocking. I sound like I have an impediment. Well I think I do, others say I come across ok. But I hear myself now and it's "who the hell is that?" as I hear myself stammering.. it's because I became used to putting my thoughts in order before hitting rpely, rather than engaging with someone on the fly.

You don't use it, you lose it.

I've gotten better.. I think.. but man, I used to be able to speak clearly, but at a million miles an hour. I could ramble about things I knew. I had no idea that after a decade of isolation I'd be so.. inadequate.. lol.

also having some amber grease to help the mouth glide was always something I had at hand. These days it's not there so the rusty hinges are more pronounced !

Oo

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Why did you spend a decade not speaking ?
Was you in solitary? or was it medical? (If so sorry for the
)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   

boymonkey74

Why did you spend a decade not speaking ?
Was you in solitary? or was it medical? (If so sorry for the
)

Maybe he was married and couldn't get a word in edgewise?

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Have you ever drunk real amber? I haven't, but apparently in Gdansk, Poland you can buy lower grade amber and dissolve it in alcohol overnight to drink it...

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Well, at least you enjoy your voice. I can't stand mine when I hear it played back to me.
Always makes me want to run and hide somewhere...lol

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I *hate* my voice.
I can't stand to hear it. And public speaking was pretty much my job...

edit on 10/30/2013 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Can't stand mine either.

Had a speech impediment as a child and underwent speech therapy. Due to that over training and focus on enunciation during my therapy, I over pronounce words sometimes (especially r's) and sound like a goober.

Even with things like the CC show, I had to make a conscious effort to not talk weird. lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join