It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Wars!!!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

that's why those movies don't count... even to the diehard life long fans.

and this is why we are either or... it is against the law to like both because there would be no solid base to ground the criticism on.

hence we know Abrams is not a fan of either... he's a vulture bent on profit not an artist doing it for the love of his passion.

there's a big difference

The Star Trek franchise has produced a large number of novels, comic books, video games, and other materials, which are generally considered non-canon.

en.wikipedia.org...

also Star Trek: Phase II (fan series) is closer to canon than Hollywood's current trap...

the new voyages are not so professional but... the essence is there and Abrams will undoubtedly go looking to make a purchase of creativity rather than conceive of it.

edit on 13-12-2013 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

boncho
reply to post by pointr97

Lucas murdered his creation with the first three (second three released). Hopefully this breathes some life back into the franchise.
edit on 29-10-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

No doubt, with Han Solo on your side, anything is possible

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Abrams wont destroy starwars, as it was strangle to death by Lucas in the last three instalments. Starwars is a dead duck, the only good starwars movies were starwars and empire. all the rest are binable and almost unwatchable. The franchise was made to target teens and kids and that's only way it lasted this long. Starwars doesn't have depth of Startrek which in terms of survivability will last much longer tat starwars.
edit on 27-2-2014 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

I dont think it is fair to compare Star Trek and Star wars, I have never quite understood this, Star Trek is basically a science fiction franchise, where as starwars is more fantasy. I think its fine to say you would rather watch one over the other but i dont think they can be directly compared.

I like both, probably more of a starwars guy though, even like the last two that they made (phantom menace sucked) the others were actually not that bad.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Starwars people are superficially please that's my observation. Startrek is for those who aspire to see inside the mind of Gods universe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join