It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google building 'Floating Structures' on Both Coasts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I did a search and couldn't find anything on this. This is pretty interesting. Check it out.

Google 'Floating Structures' on Both Coasts

www.youtube.com...

sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com...

Thoughts on what this is for?
edit on 29-10-2013 by NONPOINT21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by NONPOINT21

They are building floating datacenters based on a patent they filed a few years back. It harnesses currents and waves for power. If I can find the link to the patent I will put it up.

Found it...

Floating Data Center Patent
edit on 10/29/13 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/29/13 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

as well as salt water cooling for the data centers, pretty cool concept.

I believe they are for Google glass server implementation, they are planning to put a lot of support behind it.
edit on 29-10-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I haven't been to San Francisco in a couple months.
I kind of want to go now to just see this thing aha
Wonder how many will be built?

~Sovereign

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Wow, they are pushing Google Glass hard, I know they want to integrate it into humans.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Why do I get the feeling that someday Apple, Microsoft and Google will just become one huge monstrosity of a company that controls everything? We're so reliant on our technology, and I don't see that trend reversing any time soon.

Perhaps in 50 years we'll have "Appagoolesoft"

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

MystikMushroom
Why do I get the feeling that someday Apple, Microsoft and Google will just become one huge monstrosity of a company that controls everything? We're so reliant on our technology, and I don't see that trend reversing any time soon.

I think that is already happening. Something like 8 companies control everything.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

MystikMushroom

Who knows, never thought Id see the day where Apple and Google made Microsoft look small, but its happened.

Hopefully somewhere in their they maintain googles "do no evil" philosophy but thats been slipping as of late anyway.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

MystikMushroom

I believe your right but the name will actually be "Skynet".

The end of humans draws closer......

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

mwood

MystikMushroom

I believe your right but the name will actually be "Skynet".

The end of humans draws closer......

It may already be here.

I went to pick up a friend in PA a couple of years back and it was in unfamiliar territory so I used my GPS. Which time and time again tried to get me to cross bridges that weren't there. LOL

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Previously posted.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Yeah it's definitely Google Glass related. Making surveillance trendy lol...

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
It looks to me like they are building a wifi antenna on the ocean surface with a net for connecting Google Glasses back to the database built on the barges. And using water cooling on the data center from the ocean. The wifi portion is what I am confuse about though. Would it be effective spreading a net with censors over the ocean surface to create a wifi antenna?

I first thought this could be something to do with expanding the internet in Africa. But all the wifi guys involved it must be wifi experiment. Reminds me of the Philadelphia Experiment with radar.

www.google.com...

And also look at the related patents on the page. Also what the investors specialize in.

Seems like it might work as a wifi super antenna.

wvutoday.wvu.edu...
edit on 29-10-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join