It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can You Read People’s Emotions?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Hi peeps...

I have tried multiple times to search for this but I keep getting a 500 internal server error coming up using samuru search. So apologies if this has already been posted..

Just wanted to share this interesting quiz... I got 35/36. On one of them I chose hostile instead of pensive.. Certainly a very intriguing quiz. Quite a few of my friends have completed it and its fascinating to see the scores..! I have always been quite good at being able to read people..

Basically they give you four possible emotions one of which is the emotion represented in the image. The image is only of the persons eyes..

You will have to go to the link to do the test.

Are you tuned in to the emotions of others? Or have you been accused of being insensitive?

If you are among those people who are mystified by moods, new research offers hope. A new study shows that certain types of reading can actually help us improve our sensitivity IQ. To find out how well you read the emotions of others, take the Well quiz, which is based on an assessment tool developed by University of Cambridge professor Simon Baron-Cohen.

For each photo, choose the word that best describes what you think the person depicted is thinking or feeling.

Link/Test

Hope you guys decide to have a go and let me know how you get on..!

Peace
Fluff

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

I got 28 of 36. Can't figure out what women are thinking! I don't see much of a difference between "fantasizing" and "desire".

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

33/36

Some of the photos were too blurry. I do believe that eyes are the window of the soul, but I can tell someone's emotional state best when in the same room. Eyes can lie, if their owner can believe their own falsehoods. Interesting, nonetheless.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
It may have been me, but I saw a lot of Elizabeth Taylor in those eyes. I scored a 30/36. I suppose that means one can look into another's intent or feelings by their eyes? I believe that one needs to look at both the Eyes and Body Language to tell what the other is feeling (Generally). I think that if everyone stops and thinks about it, we all have these intuitive feelings and thoughts.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

ItCameFromOuterSpace

I got 28 of 36. Can't figure out what women are thinking! I don't see much of a difference between "fantasizing" and "desire".

You can fantasize about going on vacation...desire is a yearning, wanting feeling.
But just looking at eyes and deciding that...I wonder how much their grant was to research this. Better than cow farts I guess.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Hmmm... 20.. I'll admit I wasn't trying too hard after the first few though. I had expected something different. 2 dimensional images are pixels and shades of grey pigment. They can't convey emotion or the essence of the eyes... It struck me as likely to score perfect as 0 by guessing and pure luck as anything?

It's a nice little distraction from work though. Thanks!

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Some of that was very difficult. I got a 27 out of 36. First, dude with one eyebrow slightly up.. I do that when I am... playful as all get out! They have this guy at uneasy... would never have guessed that. Wrabbit is correct, with grainy black and whites its very difficult to be able to tell much...

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
32/36 ....cool test, S&F

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

That's very interesting. I got a 23/36....
I'm going to admit something... I didn't know what some of the words meant... So I just guessed at some. *semi sad face*

When I am near someone...I can feel their emotions.
Peace and love
-nat

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ItCameFromOuterSpace

Lol..!

My friend who is also female tried it and she was hopeless with the womens desirous eyes..! She thought they were hostile...

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

Yep they were not the best images to use really. Generally I like you can tell how someone is feeling, especially when in the same room. Not much slips by me...

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Hi Wrabbit...! *Waves to new Mod*

The pics were not great. But certainly an interesting distraction..! Nearly all of them I found fairly easy. There were only a couple that stopped and made me think. It is amazing though how much emotion only the eyes can show..

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Lol its ok...! I got one wrong. And the reason I got it wrong was because I couldn't remember what pensive meant..! So I guessed. Then decided to look it up...

Whenever I am near someone who is experiencing intense emotions it really makes my heart and stomach flutter. Like I can feel it too..! Especially with people I care for. Most of the time I just kinda instinctively know how there are feeling..

More so with my partner. We have only been together 3 yrs but I almost always 'just know' how he is feeling...!

top topics

join