It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan Sports Footage Will Restore Your Faith in Humanity

page: 1

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Just what the ATS doctored ordered for all of us Doom and Gloomer's.

It's really good to hear a story like this in the midst of all the lying, corruption, chaos, and gloom.

Looks like the new generation of youngsters are leading by example.

I hope you all enjoy it because I sure got all choked up.

Peace,

RT

edit on 29-10-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

There are stories everyday about how youngsters attack other kids on facebook and often threaten their fellow students if they are somehow... different. Seeing as often as it is on the front pages of media websites can cause one to lose hope... to feel that somehow, these kids today are just so lost. I see comments fly in from every direction, blaming parents, blaming schools and teachers. Sometimes, even law enforcement gets involved and it gets even uglier.

So, yeah... this kind of story offers a small glimmer of genuine, nonpolitical hope.

Great post, thanks for sharing.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I just saw this story, on our local news the other night. The footage of the young man who's idea this was, when he teared up, I lost it. Really does give you hope for some of our youth today.
If you can just do one thing, to change and improve someone else's life, why wouldn't you?

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Teared up and I don't care. Awesome kids! Kudos to the parents of those boys also. That's parenting done right.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

jtrenthacker
Teared up and I don't care. Awesome kids! Kudos to the parents of those boys also. That's parenting done right.

I'm not the tearing type, but I have to admit my eyes got a bit sweaty too.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Only 5 flags so far come on ATS this is what life really is about. All the doom and gloom and political crap leads to fear and hate. And trust me when I say it will infect your life.

What people need is feel good stories again. If all you see is hate and fear guess what that brings into your life...........Hate and fear.
edit on 29-10-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Aw, that was so thoughtful of them. What a bunch of sweet kids!

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Unfortunately , I did not get to see it. It must have been strong positive energy , because it's been taken down. Or at least not made available to those in other countries.

Perhaps you could explain what happened.
edit on 29-10-2013 by Pinkorchid because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Pinkorchid

Unfortunately , I did not get to see it. It must have been strong positive energy , because it's been taken down. Or at least not made available to those in other countries.

Perhaps you could explain what happened.

It's still working here in the US, maybe they are blocking it in your country?

Here is another link that may work for you.

CBS News.

www.cbsnews.com...

www.youtube.com...
edit on 29-10-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Yeh I teared up too
you got me. When you get so caught up in the sad stuff that is going on the world just now it really does hit you hard when something makes you stop to think that maybe we could change

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Dammit those ninja onions attacked me AGAIN!!!!
GRRRR

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

chiefsmom

If you can just do one thing, to change and improve someone else's life, why wouldn't you?

Just wanted to be sure the above quote was seen by more members

Great story OP, nice change from the typical headlines.
edit on 29-10-2013 by Im2keul because: OP Kudos

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I had several friends send this to me as I have a son with autism. He wrestles & does track and field. I think it's awesome what Keith's teammates did for him. BUT I think the more important part of this story is what this act of kindness did for the teammates. The interview with one of the young men about how this changed his view of how to help others had me crying. Hopefully this is a lesson they will carry for their lifetime and spread to others.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

What a beautiful heartfelt story. Thank you so much for sharing. Now I have to go clean up my make up from the happy tears.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Stories like this are so uplifting in a world seemingly gone mad with selfishness! These kids are amazing - they came up with the idea on their own! Perhaps there is hope.

new topics

top topics

join