It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Wealth Affects People's Behaviour

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
This is a fascinating & suprising psychology study of how wealth or lack of wealth affects people's everyday interactions with other people....Lots of different kinds of tests were done to back up the conclusions...

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by cathar

Wow! I truly did not need a study to prove this, just simple observation of the world suffices. However, hearing and seeing this mans great work feels refreshing.

Religion and the holy books all speak of these virtues. When I fast during Ramadan, one must feel what a poor person feels when they don't have any food to eat thus creating a sense of compassion for a fellow man when he is hungry. When on an empty stomach one must refrain from loosing patience and swearing and must remain nice and polite.

Just one example of the wisdom embedded inside the Word.

Do not store treasures here on earth that can be stolen and eaten by rust but store them in heaven where they are safe.

This study combined with my own research on theology just blows my mind. Thanks for posting this!

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by cathar

Good find. I have been wanting to see the research on this. Maybe it is time for psychologist's to replicate the heck out of this study so people won't attribute findings as bunk because it's Berkley. In fact - the response to the findings is worthy of a study in and of itself. Was it the wealthy who were complaining? Too bad they weren't collecting data from people emailing them. So add denial and defensiveness as a response when confronted with the shift in personality for the worse. This is an attributional error and the power of ego at its finest. Just really glad to see attention brought to this. Awareness is huge. If this could be made even more public maybe, just maybe, we would see people overcome this.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I believe this is what I called the "Asshole Effect", it's the idea that in relation to money, money = Asshole. No Money = normal human.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Well since they are all "assholes" anyway maybe they should stop donating to charity since they are not appreciated anywat.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Makes no difference to me, I don't have any use for them or their money...I am independent don't live in a third world country, don't have major medical problems or need transplants of any organs...besides I can only depend on myself in life, nobody else, if I did I'd be dead by now.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
i always said the only reason i am not rich and successful is because i have morals

seems i might have been more accurate than i thought

top topics

join