It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coconut Oil - "How about some popcorn with your fat?"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

I've read most of what that site said already and many more. I thought of the ketogenic diet, and my diet is high in fats as a result and low in sugar. The problem I have with that is that when I do eat some sweets now, I catch a buzz as the sugars cause a major insulin release. It floods my system then I get a hypoglycemic spin. The body quits burning ketones after sugar is consumed.. I'm working on this problem, It takes a lot of thinking and some testing of ways to combat it.

I have to eat birthday cake at the grandkids birthdays. My two granddaughters are learning to cook now so they have homemade cakes and stuff there...I can't say no, I do not want to discourage them from learning to cook. One is fifteen, the other is thirteen. I just have to have a candy bar or something sweet with me. Juice is the worst thing, it feels like the room is spinning an hour and a half after I drink it.

I have adapted, I know what to do and I make sure that this does not happen at the wrong time now. I lucked out before I knew what was happening now I can prevent it from ever happening. My sugar stays between 110 and 90 most times but can drop below sixty easily. I have been hypoglycemic all my life, that is why I only ate one meal a day so I wouldn't burn sugars all day. I probably always had this problem but subconsciously took care of it without even realizing it. I never got the spins before though, my hands would start to shake like hell. Reeses peanut butter cups do wonders for that
I've eaten a lot of those things over the years when I was working.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

if you're getting that kind of a sugar rush you could be in Ketosis.

You might consider these

www.walgreens.com...=prod19769-product?ext=gooHome_Health_Care_Solutions_PLA_Diabetic_Monitors_a mpersand_Test_Strips_prod19769_pla&adtype=[adtype]&kpid=prod19769&sst=30b5fca5-02e6-59e8-1b43-00004227613a

Or something similar, they basically tell you what your ketone levels are.

I know when I drink beer when I've been in state of ketosis for awhile I get super drunk super fast and have horrible hangovers.

The worst are refined sugars and carbohydrates which your cakes definitely would fall into. It's certainly not an easy diet to stick to because carbs are very hard to avoid altogether.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
There are different grades of coconut oil -- not to be confused with palm oil or partially-hydrogenated palm oil.

I make cold-pressed coconut oil, or virgin coconut oil. VCO contains a medium-length triglyceride chain, and the only other oil that is similar is olive oil.

My darlin' and I drink about a tablespoon a day with noni. I used to have eczema and the coconut oil cured it. My darlin' uses it on her hair, and both of us use it on our skin. It's true that coconut oil isn't good for deep frying, which is fine in this household, because we don't. We use it for skin ailments, and wound salve.

I like it for cooking fish, conch, lobster, shrimp, chicken, beef. Our cat likes a little taste and I think it helps his hairballs; I know it's done wonders for mine.

Beneficial effest of coconut oil

Coconut oil -- the essential survival item you didn't know you need

Peer reviewed research

Phillipines - Bureau of National Standards - VCO

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

That is very possible. I think I am going to get some of those test strips.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Isn't it iinteresting. The moment people start to use a natural adjunct successfully, and it improves health and wellness, suddenly a slew of ridiculous articles pop up claiming this stuff is BAD for you, when all previous literature is to the contrary.
I mean even organic food is bad for us.
Monsanto paid a pretty penny to put that disinformation out there.
I'm guessing this is the FDA at work.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

No one should use palm oil at all anymore.
It's evil.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by QuietSpeech

I use pure organic coconut oil for everything from cooking, to moisturizing and I use it in my homemade soap and laundry soap and shampoo. It's an all-around oil that can be used for everything, has never been found to cause harmful effects and is generally healing.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I have fallen in love with the stuff. I bought some to save a dollar and change each month on deodorant. I read that it works well as a deodorant. They weren't joking either! I use an empty and washed out deodorant container and fill it with this mixture of coconut oil, corn starch and baking soda. Aside from watching the temperature of it (sometimes I have to stick it in the fridge for a bit) it's perfect. I don't have any odor at all. Sometimes a bit if I wait too long to shower but really it's more effective. Also, added benefit of no aluminum on my skin 24/7.

I am using it for moisturizing like a lotion and I will see how it works. It's great on my face. Oil pulling sounds amazing and I will try it! I will try and cook with it too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join