It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Up to 1000 Meteors in the sky per hour !?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I know this is not new but I`d like to bring it to discussion again.

I`m talking about comet 209P/Linear that can bring us quite a metor SHOWer in May 2014.

So we are in for the greatest Meteor Shower / Storm thanks to long period comet 209P/LINEAR

It could rain over 1000 Meteors in the sky per hour!

So not only do we have Comet c/2012 s1 ISON coming we've got a super Meteor Storm to look forward to!
edit on 29-10-2013 by CosmicDude because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicDude

Haven't heard of this! This is one of those things to travel for if rain or clouds are forecast over your area. Thanks a thousand!

edit on 29-10-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Sounds like fun!

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Sounds like a good show coming up in May. The guy seems to have had a little too much fun last night
Here is another source. www.space.com... I hope it's not cloudy that night.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

As your source says...

At the moment, conservative forecasts suggest anywhere from 100 to 400 meteors per hour may be seen, but the actual rate could peak much higher and potentially reach "meteor storm" levels (1,000 per hour!).

100 is almos 2 per minute but 1000 means 16.6 /minute !!!

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Didn't Kevin Spacey make a movie about this where all the meteors fell from the sky.
I forgot what name of that movie was. Wanted to watch it, but I can't remember the name of it. Would be cool to watch, if it does come.
edit on 29-10-2013 by Diabolical because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Another unexpected crossing today glad it is not bigger!

October 28, 2013 - SPACE - According to NASA's JPL Small-Body Database Browser, a newly discovered Asteroid 2013 UV3 will fly by the Earth on Tuesday, the 29th of October at 0.7 Lunar Distance (LD), closer to our planet than the Moon.

based on available data, the asteroid's size is 20 metres or 65.61 feet. Quite small, but it should be noted that the meteorite that exploded in the stratosphere, hitting the Russian Urals back in February of this year, was measured at only 17 metres.

thecelestialconvergence.blogspot.com... recent

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Diabolical
Didn't Kevin Spacey make a movie about this where all the meteors fell from the sky.
I forgot what name of that movie was. Wanted to watch it, but I can't remember the name of it. Would be cool to watch, if it does come.

Was it K-pax? I know he was an alien in that movie but can't remember the details of it.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

2013 -2014 will be years of meteors!

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Cool.. I like that " Earth is gonna get some tail, lots of tail"..

Seems pretty much like we will be shafted.. lol

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
THE LARGEST METEOR SHOWER EVER RECORDED

It took place in Jan 30th 1868 over Poland and had nearly 70000 rock fragments !!!

It must have been terrifying for the people of that time. like the end of the world.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Thank you for the info.

I saw my first one last year. I was on my way home from work at like 2 am.

Got home and put on some coveralls, grabbed the binos, and layed on my trampoline for a few hours.

The neatest thing I ever have seen. And the date has some special meaning to me, so I can remember it.

S & F

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I saw my first fireball exactly 10 days ago, I can hardly wait for this.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
People are slow to hear about things sometimes. I mentioned this was coming about a month ago in one of the other meteor threads.

This one was posted about a year ago... www.abovetopsecret.com...

Should be interesting no doubt, its been circled on my calender for some time now.
edit on 29-10-2013 by TwiTcHomatic because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-10-2013 by TwiTcHomatic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

No, that one was on the moon, this one he was on Earth, but he was kidnapped into a cult I think. I am not sure.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Earth is just sliding by all this without a bruise......right??

Be thankful for everyday!!
edit on 29-10-2013 by AbleEndangered because: more

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Was just reading in Revelations:

Revelation 16 KJV

16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.

17 And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done.

18 And there were voices, and thunders, and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great.

19 And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.

20 And every island fled away, and the mountains were not found.

21 And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
We had clear weather for the 2002 Leonids, here near Galveston, and for half an hour it peaked pre-dawn at 3 to 5 per second. SECOND!! Like driving high beams through a snowstorm, mouth-gaping awesome.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
BUMP!
I almost forgot about this thread. May 24
edit on CDTpm5852014 by Taino because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Will be cool if this still happens as I'll be camping out with our cub scout pack those nights. Would be a big treat for the boys to see, as long as the weather holds, and of course the debris trail is dense enough.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join