It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Microbiologist Explains Her Conversion From Evolution To Creation.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

More misconceptions ? Surely you can do better ?
God created hell for the wicked. And besides for warned is for armed.
Especially when one only has to consider the Creator creation relationship
that exists on all levels. Anything you create you are allowed to destroy if
it displeases you. All common sense really. Frankly I see not loving that
which gave us life as a mental disorder. Like a spoiled brat that hates daddy
because daddy said no you can't play on the freeway.

Anymore obtuse atheist internet banners or sign waiving ?
edit on 29-10-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by OpenMindedRealist

Perception is often reality, but your perception is not necessarily the same as that of the silent observers in this thread.

Nor are they necessarily the same as yours. There is no victory to be found down that road.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

randyvs

More misconceptions ? Surely you can do better ?
God created hell for the wicked. And besides for warned is for armed.
Especially when one only has to consider the Creator creation relationship
that exists on all levels. Anything you create you are allowed to destroy if
it displeases you. All common sense really. Frankly I see not loving that
which gave us life as a mental disorder. Like a spoiled brat that hates daddy
because daddy said no you can't play on the freeway.

Creator/Created relationship?

Your entire argument above condemns your magic guy in the sky as flawed, imperfect, and propensed to changing his mind.
Aha.

Perfect. All seeing. Omnipotent. Created time itself. Can't fix stuff before it happens. So sloppy, has to have a place to put stuff/people/wicked instead of simply poofing them out of existence via recycle bin entirely. Oh it needs to be punished.
Ha.
I drew a picture that I didn't like, so, I put it in the corner and tortured it. I could have just thrown it away without any fanfare, but, hey, must punish the wicked.

I could really care less if your god exists.
In fact, in a way, I really HOPE your god exists so I can kick it in the fork.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

There is a God or there isn't. None of us have a choice in what is the truth.
But we all have a responsibility to ourselves to find out and know that truth.
Choosing the most convenient to the lifestyle we want or anything we want.
Is definitely not going to lead us to that truth.

On topic.

...Not for lack of trying... *cough cough*

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Some call it - God works in mysterious ways, I call it - evolution in isolated environment.

Dr Hoskin believes the Gecko's long legs are an evolutionary adaptation that help the creature scurry through the unusual, rocky environment looking for prey, while the eyes are likely to help it navigate the deep, dark crevices between boulders.

He told the Telegraph he was planning a return trip, having only explored around a tenth of the area during the four-day journey. He expected to find many more new species including, perhaps, birds, mammals, plants, and more invertebrates.

"If we find a mammal that would be incredible," he said.

"We think in Australia that we know what's out there pretty well. But to be able to walk into a new mountain range and find several new animals immediately shows that there must be very many more out there."

"If anything's likely to harbour something amazing, it would be there."

** Source: Scientists discover new species in 'Lost World' in Australia
edit on 29-10-2013 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Stop it. You're making me laugh too hard. And you're making too much sense. That's two strikes. Careful, God might get upset if you score too many points. He hates playing a fair game, remember? Always has the rides rigged to dump you off if you don't sing loud enough.

Evolution, on the other hand...pure chance. Either the gene succeeds, or the gene doesn't. Prize: the chance to spread itself around. Yay for ubiquity!

ETA: Strike three! You're out!...outside of the box, that is.
edit on 29-10-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Hey OP,

Do you really want to know who created this whole damn universe? You did. You are GOD! Everything that transpires on this planet is nothing more than a manifestation of your thoughts, your consciousness. There are no other sentient thinking beings in this universe. People you talk to, the parents who raised you; they behave and act based your consciousness. They do not truly have any independent thought. The universe is nothing more than a single player advanced computer simulation. All the good things that happen in this world, they manifest because of you. All the bad things in this world, they manifest because of you.

In the beginning, before you created the universe; you were all powerful and all-knowing. And you were alone. There was no one else, there was only you. Out of sadness, loneliness, or madness; you decided to trick yourself into thinking you weren't the only being in existence.

You are nothing but pure thought. When you walk from your house to the grocery store. Your consciousness actually stays in the same physical place all the time. Walking from your house to the grocery store is nothing more than a clever illusion that you use to trick yourself. There is no independent reality separate from you. Things only exist when you look at them.

When you play a computer game, the computer renders only what is needed when you play. If you turn your computer game character to the right, the computer renders what is necessary and what you were looking at previously no longer exists. Your reality is the exact same way.

Let's say you meet a nice girl and she gives you her number. You wait three days before you call her. Was she thinking of you for those three days? No, not one bit. Because for those three days, she never actually physically existed. When you finally talk to her, there is only the illusion that she was thinking about you for those three days, which you manifested.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

As I said, it's a spoiled brat mentality. Wanting revenge for being born.
God exists, he gave us life and life comes with laws. Atheists are just
bent because they can't wear the daddy pants. so they refuse to let go
what amounts to their made up misconceptions. Spend your life guarding
those misconceptions and living the way you choose. And loose all
control of your own fate. God is what he is. easy enough for me to accept
and I really don't see the problems anyone else is having. It's all to simple
and only made impossible by those who can't look ahead or want it all
their way. Now ! Nothing good ever comes that way. But have at it.
Good luck with that. I like knowing.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
So, when are we going to see a monkey walk out of the woods with a cigar hanging from its mouths???

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

sulaw
So, when are we going to see a monkey walk out of the woods with a cigar hanging from its mouths???

Truly, a more grand entrance could not be asked for !

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
i guess if people can simply believe god did it just because, and have faith in that.
its also easy to believe in any article being legit, any story being legit, any study being legit as long as its in favor of creationism.

not using a scientific approach goes deeper then just creating people XD

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

I don't know, when are we going to see God get off his lazy bum and start doing what he promised?

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
She is a rubbish micro biologist If she doesn't understand the proof that we share a common ancestor with chimps.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

Have you ever heard of Koko?

Koko - the talking gorilla

I would say, just give them enough time and you would really see Planets of Apes 2 (we hold #1
)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperFrog

The kitten is Allball, sadly he got run down
and Koko was very unhappy.
Made me boo like a baby.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

This is happening to a bunch of them.

They see the complexity of the design!!

Geneticists, Paleontologists, Biologists...

Even happening in the Physics realm!

Really its been apart of Physics all along...The study of the laws...

Belief in God is contagious!!

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I don't know, when are we going to see God get off his lazy bum and start doing what he promised?

The glass is half empty. a perfect example of how you
can't even fathom Gods mercy towards you even on a personal
level. What you could rather say is, thank you God, for giving me the time
and having an infinite amount of patience with me. That I might actually
consider the fact ,that by my own selfishness, I have a long with worlds of
others like myself. Totally alienated you from having anything to do with me.
The glass is half full.

alright alright no more preaching.

edit on 29-10-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

The same time my fido, pulls up a chair to the poker table and asks to be dealt in.

We've danced this tango before Infinity, but after reading yours and the other 2 Amigo's responses that were so ignorrantly pushed as ideology fact, I think we should revisit.
Just for the
of it~

So, because the Monkey isn't showing up with a Cigar and my pooch, who shares similiar DNA with the feral wolves of ancient past isn't pulling up a chair to play some poker, nor is anyone of the multitude of gods showing up to disprove anyone in this thread.

We must all be wrong?

Or is it just personal views on the individual "reality" each individual concious mind interprets as there own personal reality on this journey we call life?
edit on 29-10-2013 by sulaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperFrog

You are confused by my statements because you assume that there are only two choices: all Darwinian evolution, or all intelligent design. The point was made farther up the thread that the two ideas are not exclusive of each other.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join