It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is The Tea Party and What Do They Stand For?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

EarthCitizen07
reply to post by OpinionatedB

I agree but the government needs to get deincorporated for the constitution to have meaning.

Corporations dont have constitutions, they have *charter of operation*.

All the "politicians" are actually hollywood actors putting on a show, and its not even good quality.

I am sorry for being rude before sometimes you have to call a spade as a spade and in street language to get peoples proper attention. I had enough of political correctness to last me another lifetime in hell.
edit on 30/10/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

No need to be sorry, I rather enjoy your input. I would argue with you more just for fun and someday I may just for the enjoyment of debate but I have not been myself lately.

I do believe we get along well and all the important things we would agree upon.

Later I will make some more points concerning things we need to change in order to get our country back, adding to our list in progress. Just keep this thread in mind and handy and check it from time to time. I am just a bit tired now...

Post here in the meantime to your hearts content!
edit on 30-10-2013 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

No problem. I know you had a rough time lately.

I am posting this information for everyone so we are on the same page. "the government is corrupt" doesn't cut it anymore. Details are important.

Take your time and contribute what you wish to contribute.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Well this is the principals/guidelines of the Tea Party in my state. I am behind nearly all of the principals they set out.

Michigan Tea Party Alliance Web site Guiding Principle

We are tea parties from throughout the state of Michigan who believe we were given an awesome gift of a republic based on a set of inspired documents called the Declaration of Independence, the US Constitution and the Bill of Rights. In these document are three basic principles we espouse. They are:
· Limited government
· Fiscal responsibility
· Free markets
These values derive from our shared heritage and a belief in a free person who exercises personal responsibility.

A) Limited Government
1) Strengthen state sovereignty
2) Make local and state governments stronger and more independent from national government
3) Stop legislation which hinders personal liability: property rights, moral legislation, free speech, etc. and most legislation which removes personal choice from citizens who have unalienable rights
4) Reform tax code (with focus on lowering tax burden for all citizens)

B) Fiscal Responsibility
1) Reduce the size of all government departments and bureaucracies at every level
2) Reduce and limit grants and foreign aid
3) Common sense approach to balancing the budget, no new debt and eventually paying off the debt

C) Free Markets
1) Limit regulation of any sector of business or industry
2) Reform subsidies and taxation
3) Eliminate government ownership in any private company or industry

Actually I'm 100% behind their goals and concerns. I simply do not see anything extremist or discriminatory in their intents or desires. Of course, I can't speak for individual members who associate with the party. In and of that, I'm sure you will meet people of all kinds.

CdT

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Hang in there. The entire (

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Oops. This post was apparently TMI.

Move along to the next - there's nothing to see here....

edit on 2013/10/30 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

nwtrucker

There is nothing in the constitution that allows anyone to build a church/mosque where ever they want.

No, but there ARE guarantees that they can do what they damned well want with and on their own property. Their own property is not "wherever they want", it's their own damned property! If you can keep them from building their mosque on theirs, they can keep you from building your house on YOURS.

Freedom to practice doesn't mean you can park at my house and chant 5 times a day or trump others rights.

Not at your house, but on the public thoroughfare right outside it is fair game.

If your "Libertarian" views resonated with the grass roots, there wouldn't be a need for a "Tea Party".

Libertarian views do not resonate with the grass roots. Must people (like you, apparently) think they have some sort of right to tell others what to do with their own stuff, Libertarians don't think so.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

"liberal"?? I see no reason to insult. :]

The point you omit is there is no GOVERNMENT group saying they can't establish or practice their faith.

IT IS THE PEOPLE. It is an affront, an insult and flat out stupid.

If this was tried say by the British at the site of the capital that was burned in the 1812 war, it wouldn't stand for a week.

Seeing you use this example and not say the twisting of the constitution via ACLU on Christian issues-a Judeo-Christian moral code that was the bedrock of the Constitution which has been subverted in direct proportion to the degradation of that moral code-suggests your more "Liberal" than I .

The constitution restricts gov't, not people, not groups nor individuals.

Free speech? Call your boss an asshole and see what it gets you.

Common sense wasn't banned by the Constitution, it complimented it.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Hmm, judging by you avatar, I can understand why your having trouble gaining traction.

The "gov't" shall not infringe... The people can, will and do.

Put a Muslim group out front of my house and I'm gonna barbeque a whole pig, 24/7 with a big fan blowing it right at em. My neighborhood will NOT turn into another Dearborn, MI. where I can't even walk without harassment.

Where the Constitution fails, or is abused, the people will respond...sooner or later.

Literal interpretation of the Constitution omits the need for support from the general population, That includes common sense.

Building a Mosque at ground zero lacks that and does no more than makes the situation worse. That is unarguable, IMO.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

nwtrucker

There is nothing in the constitution that allows anyone to build a church/mosque where ever they want.

First you said the above. Now, your story has changed to the below. So what is it? Constitution or the people saying they have no right. The people do not trump the constitution without changing the constitution and threatening their own rights in the process.

nwtrucker

The point you omit is there is no GOVERNMENT group saying they can't establish or practice their faith.

Next point:

nwtrucker

It is an affront, an insult and flat out stupid.

That is exactly what it is... insulting. I believe it was very wrong morally to build that mosque, and it hurts me they did such a thing. But the constitution is the way it is for a reason, if they purchased the property and the planned use for it does not violate zoning laws then they can use it in that manner.

No matter that it is wrong morally in light of the situation at hand.

But, one hand washes the other... those same rights which protect them, also protect you.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by nwtrucker

There is only one person I know of who cannot walk through the streets of Dearborn with considering himself harassed...

But I guarantee he was the one doing the harassing. (I have video proof if anyone needs...)

I would almost swear, this guy is you just by what you said in your post...

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Interesting association. I'm not a Christian. LMAO.

Actually, there's more you tube vides than that one on the subject. If you think there isn't harassment in Dearborn, that it's just Christian troublemakers like the vid you show, then I suggest you look at some of the other sites and the way people are treated all around the world by these guys, not just Dearborn.

I just sat with a friend of my daughter's that works in Saudi Arabia. The stories are amazing. He has no angst. He just ignores the slights and does his job.

What's more amazing is how the media ignores it almost completely.

No it's not the only harassment.

I see you don't respond to the "Constitutional" point I raised...interesting.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

nwtrucker
reply to post by nenothtu

Hmm, judging by you avatar, I can understand why your having trouble gaining traction.

I have no trouble gaining traction. No idea what you're talking about. Glad my avatar amuses you.

The "gov't" shall not infringe... The people can, will and do.

Well, that's true often enough. That's why we HAVE a government - to keep people from infringing on other people. When the government fails in that mission, hilarity often ensues. You're welcome to have a go at infringing me any old time you please. Probably wouldn't like the results, but have at it. That's why comedy was created.

Put a Muslim group out front of my house and I'm gonna barbeque a whole pig, 24/7 with a big fan blowing it right at em.

Your house, so I can't imagine why I ought to give a rat's ass what you do there. Do Muslim groups often gather in front of your house? OR are you just so scared of them that you've got to develop contingency plans? Must be rough living in that kind of fear.

I dunno... maybe the best course of action would be not to pick fights with them, so that they think they've got better things to do than gather in front of your house.

Do they bring pitch forks and torches when they gather there?

My neighborhood will NOT turn into another Dearborn, MI. where I can't even walk without harassment.

That's funny. I've actually BEEN to Dearborn, and no one bothered me. then again, I didn't go in there trying to pick a fight with strangers... You know, when people go into a place being a dick, it's a normal course of events that the people who live there are dicks right back to them. Much hilarity ensues.

Where the Constitution fails, or is abused, the people will respond...sooner or later.

Yeah.

Damn that rag anyhow, huh? After all, it's just a piece of paper, right? Here's a pro-tip, however - if you deny it's protections to others, don't expect to be able to claim it for your own.

Literal interpretation of the Constitution omits the need for support from the general population, That includes common sense.

"Common sense" isn't all that common, it appears from your posts. i think it probably should really be classified as a super power.

If you need support from the population, an "interpretation from the masses", then you don't even need a constitution. That would make it useless, null and void, subject to the whims and vagaries of outrageous fortunes and "interpretations". Why hide behind it if you're willing to change it at will without so much as a vote?

What happens when the general population decides that the constitution doesn't allow you to barbecue pigs, even WITHOUT that pitchfork wielding mob of Muslims in front of your house?

Building a Mosque at ground zero lacks that and does no more than makes the situation worse. That is unarguable, IMO.

Building a mosque there is an insult. it rubs salt in the wounds, rubs your nose in your awful humiliation at the hands of them brown folks. Bummer. The Constitution nowhere guarantees that you have a right not to be insulted, or have your wittle feewings hurt.

Deal with it. that's life in the real world.

ETA: I've been thinking about your point that you believe the Constitution is in need of "support" or "interpretation" by the general population, who of course can be relied upon to exercise their "common sense" in the matter. You know the only other place I've ever heard that opinion? from Liberals, who have the amusing notion that it's a "living document", by which they mean that it's subject to "interpretation" and in need of "support" from the general population.

So then, it appears from your opinion that i am dealing with a Liberal here, who is merely afraid to declare his major. It is them scary Muslims holding you back from speaking your real thoughts?

edit on 2013/10/30 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   

nwtrucker

Interesting association. I'm not a Christian. LMAO.

Well, the only accounts of people claiming harassment in dearborn that I know of, outside the harassment from the christians is of 1 teacher.

Google "dearborn muslims harrass americans" and see what comes up.

Actually, there's more you tube vides than that one on the subject. If you think there isn't harassment in Dearborn, that it's just Christian troublemakers like the vid you show, then I suggest you look at some of the other sites and the way people are treated all around the world by these guys, not just Dearborn

I just sat with a friend of my daughter's that works in Saudi Arabia. The stories are amazing. He has no angst. He just ignores the slights and does his job.

What's more amazing is how the media ignores it almost completely.

I broke those two quotes up because it seems that your main complaint is concerning not American Muslims, but Muslims overseas.

What you need to realize, is we are not talking about Muslims overseas here, we are talking about the constitution and rights of Americans regardless of what religion they follow.

Saudia Muslims are much like Zionists in their perspective of their place in the world. They think they are better than anyone else and are racist bigots in their dealings with anyone and everyone else. But, that friend of your daughter has a lot in common with the Muslims in Dearborn Michigan... as they are harassed and threatened in Saudia too.. probably on a much worse scale than your daughter's friend I am betting.

A Detroit group visiting Saudi Arabia for the annual Muslim pilgrimage said they were attacked and threatened with death last week by a group of Sunni men from Australia because they are Shias, a minority sect within Islam.

One of the members of the group was strangled until his face turned blue and women in the group were threatened with rape, according to people who witnessed the attack last week. They allege that authorities in Saudi Arabia did not take their complaints seriously and deleted a video one of them had made of the incident.
Source USA Today

You should thank God that your daughters friend is not a Muslim from Dearborn visiting Saudia to visit the holy sites, he might not have made it out alive!

No it's not the only harassment.

I am sure when some of the more ignorant Americans become slightly more tolerant of things they know nothing about, much that is being considered harassment might stop. Americans, muslims or no, just want to live in peace, and enjoy the values that America stands for, and enjoy freedom... just like you do.

I see you don't respond to the "Constitutional" point I raised...interesting.

What kind of a response is there to someone who believes that the Constitution can be anything they want it to be whenever they would like it to be that?

That is what we are fighting AGAINST in America today and our MAIN grievance that we have with the government... they want to interpret the constitution at will however it suits them too..

They and You seem to want people to forget that the constitution is a document that is written in such manner it can never be misunderstood. And if you want to "interpret" it, well, you just didn't understand it in the first place.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
We the People need to stand together, regardless of race, regardless of religion, regardless of gender, regardless of sexual orientation, and say, we are Americans and we will not tolerate our constitution shredded, and our economy destroyed by those in power today.

We the People need, united, to stand up for our rights... so that this country lasts with freedom and democracy and hope for a brighter future for another 200 years.

This country is for all of us, the constitution protects all of us... rather than living in fear of one another, we need to start living in fear of those who are trying to take it all away... and are succeeding. And I guarantee you its not the Muslims, Its not the Christians, Its not the Blacks, Its not the Whites, Its not the Women and Its not the Gays...

Its the ones in Washington who are trying to take our freedoms away and destroy our country... let us stand together and refuse to allow them to destroy all that our forefathers built.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

These photos are probably the provocateurs infiltrating a tea party protest to make them look bad. They show up often to sabatosh them. The establishment and progressives are big in doing stuff like this.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

The libertarian party can easily be co-opted. U have better luck voting for the lessor of the two evils. Otherwise, the Marxist in the democrat party will come to power and so long to any opposition.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Good comedy, you have various and numerous areas in the U.S. that demand Sharia Law trump the U.S.Constitution and somehow you delineate "U.S. Muslims from non-U.S., as if some magical change occurs when entering the U.S..

Sorry, I don't buy your (contention) that the current Muslim faith is benign to the western world. That Muslim,(submit) isn't philosophically opposite to free will and free choice.

But, as you say, it's about the constitution.

Lincoln arrested sitting senators and suspended Habeas Corpus. In WWII, we "institutionalized" security risks in Elizabeth, N.J.. Kept them stone on drugs until the war was over. Locked up Japanese for being Japanese. Prudent move then, just as apologizing was also "right".

You say you were "hurt" by the decision to build the Mosque at ground zero. I was pissed, not hurt.

Do you really believe that intention to build that Mosque was benign?

Until convinced otherwise, I do believe that group isn't interested in the continuation of the U.S. in it's present form and are NOT, as you suggest, only reacting to our harassment. This confirmed by their actions in countries in Europe, Africa and Asia.

That makes them my opponent, even enemy. There are aspects of Islam I admire, but not many.

Just as previous Presidents shelved the Constitution at times, when addressing real or imagined enemies. I yawn at arguments that we have violated the constitution in addressing the "mosque".

If you really think a Libertarian led nation would somehow change human nature and ignore real or perceived threats is at best naïve.

If it is a violation of the constitution, and unless some gov't agency refused them, it's not, then they can live with it and build it somewhere else.

Lastly, spare me the Mosque as an Example when there are far worse egs going on as we speak, unless you have a vested interest that has been left unsaid.....

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
The Tea party is a "grassroots" party of people who do not want to be taxed unfairly. And overall want less government interference.

Although what people do not realize, is that the people who organize and fund the tea party, are actually wealthy businessmen. And these same businessmen not only fund the tea party itself, but also give funds to politicians in order to help secure their victory.

The tea party on the outside seems like a bunch of average Americans coming together to call out the government for its wrong-doing, which is true to some extent. However, behind the everyday Americans are businessmen egging them on. I've seen rallies where people are holding up signs saying "We're not paid to be here" which is true, but as I just said, they do not know exactly what's going on in the shadows.

Why do some of these rich businessmen want with the tea party you ask? Well, just like the commoners in the protests, they want lower taxes, and overall less government interference. They are pushing for less corporate taxes, less regulations from government agencies, etc. So in essence, they want the government to back off and let them be able to profit even more.

I like that people are growing fed up with our government, it's obvious our government has been going down hill for sometime, but the tea party definitely isn't the answer. These people are being manipulated by wealthy people just like they are anywhere else. And for that reason, I can't take the tea party seriously, and I would discourage people from associating themselves with them.

EDIT: found a quick video on Youtube to go along with what I was saying.

edit on 31-10-2013 by Lingweenie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I think the second poster to this thread is missing something which is a question that has never been asked to my knweldge.

If a decision was made to bail out the banks because of bad home loans, why not make the bail out money pass thrugh the bank accounts of those home owneres with bad mortages and then into the banks????

This would have saved the homeowners and everything would have been OK would'nt it?

The fact that is was not done is evidence indicating that the number of homeowners defaulting on their loans had nothing to do with it at all.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by nwtrucker

This thread is a topic discussing how to bring this nation back to its original ideal. How to get rid of illegal and unconstitutional laws and how best to stand together as people in order to do that, and, whether its the tea party or whether another one might need to be made in order to accomplish those goals.

My forefathers, Mine, fought for something and its being destroyed in Washington. You would like even further destruction and not a return to the constitution my forefathers fought for. Wonderful. It's your right to want to live in a communist state. Its mine to desire that freedom and liberty that my forefathers fought to give me and you.

As your point is now made concerning your disdain and hated for the Constitution For The United States, and your one concern in life is 1 building someone built, why don't you make your own thread concerning that building... I refuse to allow my thread which seeks a way to return this country to its original ideals be a discussion of one building.

edit on 31-10-2013 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join