It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is The Tea Party and What Do They Stand For?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

I think it's high time, but the problem is how to go about it.

Do we start it? If so, how? Do you do it violently? If you start something violently, then you need a populace who is at least mostly sympathetic. Right now, most people are not sympathetic to the TEA Party thanks to the media campaign to make it what it's not.

For example, I'm sure you may have noticed that every time there is an act of violence someone always pops up and attributes it to the TEA Party these days. They're waiting, and they have the public primed to believe it. TEA Party violence is also one of the newest pop culture villains along with the evil businessman, evil Republican, evil priest, evil fundamental Christian, etc.

No, we can't take the keys away through any force, not without clear violations and their part that make it absolutely crystal clear where the wrong is. Otherwise, we will very much be fighting uphill.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yes, but sitting around crying about problems does nothing. Not one thing.

Saying these are the solutions and we demand (since this is supposed to be a government by the people for the people) they start solving the problems or we will vote them out is a start.

If we all vote them out and they refuse to leave... now I am sorry but then let the bullets fly...and no I dont "want" to get shot, no one does!

I dont want to get shot but some problem solving needs to get done, and preferably before its too damn late!

We need to stand up together.... together, UNITED... and united say we demand these things... and united start voting them the hell out...
edit on 29-10-2013 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Since the TEA party offered no solutions, then a platform that does will be much better...and it will have a different name, since it is a party which offers solutions

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

OpinionatedB
reply to post by beezzer

Yes, but sitting around crying about problems does nothing. Not one thing.

Saying these are the solutions and we demand (since this is supposed to be a government by the people for the people) they start solving the problems or we will vote them out is a start.

If we all vote them out and they refuse to leave... now I am sorry but then let the bullets fly...and no I dont "want" to get shot, no one does!

I dont want to get shot either but some problem solving needs to get done, and preferably before its too damn late!

We need to stand up together.... together, UNITED... and united say we demand this or that... and united start voting them the hell out...

Sounds easy, doesn't it?

But what aboiut my monthly check?
What about my government subsidized housing?
What about my food stamps?
What about my healthcare?

Government has insinuated itself into so many aspects of our lives that to get a simple majority (when the actual majority receives benefits from government) IS IMPOSSIBLE.

Not that we haven't given up, but it is hard when most want to watch "Cooking Beans WIth My Hedgehog" (season premiere tonight on CBS) instead of actually taking responsibility for themselves.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I agree with you about that. But solutions to problems, and showing logical progression to people, can help that somewhat...

and seriously? Really? What has television come to?

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Well, you can offer up a platform and a leader and you then present a clear target for attack.

Look how quickly they stifled the TEA Party without one. How long do think it would last WITH one?

Maybe there is planning going on and it's just not being trumpeted?

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Now the Tea Party got branded as racist by weak-minded progressives who didn't have an argument against higher spending and no responsibility.

No they were labeled as racist because of the signs they held up. If the blank minded members of the Tea Party is stupid enough to allow these signs then don't cry when your party is labeled as racist.

Renig is all one word no hyphen is used.

Not only is he a racist but he is also so stupid that he can't even spell the N word right.

This guy has no problem admitting he's a racist.

It has gotten so bad the IRS came up with new tax forms for the TP.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

If we got a large group of us together, would you and others like to join in discussions, very very serious ones, about how best to go about solving some of these problems?

I am asking for everyone to answer that question... who would like to join a group like this?

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

OpinionatedB
reply to post by beezzer

I agree with you about that. But solutions to problems, and showing logical progression to people, can help that somewhat...

and seriously? Really? What has television come to?

Um, logic?

I was lucky. I was in the advanced education program in my school and our teacher taught us the rudiments of formal logic. Most kids never see that at all. If they don't somehow acquire it through math, they won't ever have it.

Most of school these days is about teaching kids to do what feels best, not what makes good, logical sense.

You're up against a wall here. You can outline a good, logical common sense solution and if people think it's mean, they won't have anything to do with it even if the alternative is to make the world burn. How do you think Obamacare got to be so popular? It made people feel good to think that it would give everyone coverage. Because of that they ignored the sound, logical arguments being made that it would never work.

This problem we're in has been a long, long time coming. We're up against people who are easily led by the ones in charge to do precisely what they're told to do.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

While I agree with you on all your points, I disagree that we should then sit on our hands until which time the world burns...

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

buster2010
reply to post by beezzer

Now the Tea Party got branded as racist by weak-minded progressives who didn't have an argument against higher spending and no responsibility.

No they were labeled as racist because of the signs they held up. If the blank minded members of the Tea Party is stupid enough to allow these signs then don't cry when your party is labeled as racist.

Renig is all one word no hyphen is used.

Not only is he a racist but he is also so stupid that he can't even spell the N word right.

This guy has no problem admitting he's a racist.

It has gotten so bad the IRS came up with new tax forms for the TP.

And this is a perfect example of what the Tea Party is up against. A liberal-progressive mindset that abhors the thought of individuality, personal responsibility, smaller government.

They are terrified that they might end up having to rely upon themselves.

Hateful out-of-context examples, spiteful commentary, snide remarks are all that the progressives have.
edit on 29-10-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

1. There was a concerted effort to plant people into TEA Party protests made by liberal activist groups (Jason Levin, anyone?). This is well known and has been outed.

2. There are always some in any movement, and using Bill Maher, one of the biggest liberal purveyors of misogyny, around hardly strengthens your position.

3. The last sign could just be a tongue-in-cheek reference to just exactly what you're doing - branding us all racists, bigots and teabaggers. Since the best way to refute an argument is often to simply slur the opponent for a certain class of "debater," we started to simply wear the labels. Might as well since it was going to be thrown at us.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

No, we shouldn't. We should plan and prepare.

They'll over reach. This I firmly believe. I thought they were going to over the shut down.

When they do is when we have to be ready to act.

That necessitates planning, but right now, planning like that can't be down on a place like this. So I hope that planning is being done.

I do know that I have a family, but I once would have been all over trying to plan this out in truth instead of as a thought experiment.

edit on 29-10-2013 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-10-2013 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

That is simply too sad.. to "hope" that someone else plans... but we must wait until it gets so bad it will be all out war in this country first...

I cannot fathom the mindset.. just cant..

are we so afraid to do the right thing for our children and grandchildren that we wait until they have nothing?

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

I mean, seriously... I am not proposing treasonous activity here! I am proposing doing something that is within the confines of what our forefathers set up..

Are we saying we are so afraid of democracy and democratic processes that we cannot take it upon ourselves to engage in such activity?

Or are we saying we believe our government has now outlawed democratic process in this country?

If the latter is the case then why are we not now more than ever standing up in said democratic process as a way of saying F# U ~?

If the former is the case its time to grow a pair! And hopefully before the ship sinks and there is no safe haven for the children you all profess to care about!

edit on 29-10-2013 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Oh, that. There is a concerted effort to take over the Republican party at the local level, or at least there was, by TEA Party people. That effort was not going to start bearing fruit on the main stage for while. The idea was to start attending the local meetings and working at the local level to get the right people into office, basically effect a coup from within and shift the Reps to the TEA Party at city, state levels, start making them delegates, etc., before really working to the national level.

That it might be starting to be noticed to some extent might be seen in some of the things being done at Congress, like how McConnell's deal with Reid gave Obama the power of the purse in defiance of the COTUS, something that is supposed to be the power of the House specifically because the House is the direct representative of the will of the people.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
The Tea Party dates back to at least 2002.

It was funded by the Koch brothers

A new academic study confirms that front groups with longstanding ties to the tobacco industry and the billionaire Koch brothers planned the formation of the Tea Party movement more than a decade before it exploded onto the U.S. political scene.

Study Confirms Tea Party Was Created by Big Tobacco and Billionaire Koch Brothers

(notice the date of the copyright?)

Pure Astro-Turf.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by BritofTexas

Yeah, those groups have been around longer than the TEA Party. That much is correct, and they glommed on like the pols did.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Tea Party makes some good points and some bad points. I think they are against bailouts, against deficit spending, against welfare statism, against wars, against a big intrusive government, against fake social progressivism like gay rights/feminism/abortion, against illegal immigrants flooding america and draining the work pool/draining welfare funds.

The only thing I dont care for is to keep the military strong when we spend about 7 times more then russia or china on DOD spending per year on average. We dont need 1.5 million active duty and 1.5 reserves on the payroll, we dont need an enormous black budget for advanced research when russia and china are 30 years behind us in technology. The only issue is the religious fanatics in the middle east fighting each other, but we really shouldn't be getting involved with $17 trillion in the hole and getting worse by the day. Let them fight it out so they dont have anyone to blame but themselves. What "we" did in libya, syria, afghanistan, iraq was criminal in nature and almost started a major war with russia in the process.

I also intensely dislike free trade which is what the libertarian faction of the TP wants. We have been running enormous trade deficits with china, india, taiwan, south korea, even vietnam. We need to protect our economy, bring back jobs to america and keep them here. In other words bring back high tariffs to ballance imports with exports. Libertarians are against this.

Libertarians are against redistribution of wealth from the rich such as taxing wall street transactions, against strong enviromental laws, against government regulating business. They want virtually no internal taxation but this is unrealistic. You need some internal taxation but much less than what we have now.

I am mostly occupy orientated but I am man enough to admit tea party has many valid points. At least they are better than the mainstream republicans for the most part. Still I dont plan on voting either R or L. I will vote either constitution party or green party next time I get a chance. I dont view voting third party as a wasted vote. Voting D and R is what truely is a wasted vote!

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I spend almost five hours a year thinking about taxes when I am doing my tax filings for the year. Other than that, it never crosses my mind. And yes, I pay in and usually have to write check to cover what withholding didn't catch.

I don't care about your (not directed at anyone specifically)taxes. If you make less than my household does, you might even be getting a refund. If you make more, I'll gladly trade salaries if you don't like your taxes.

As far as I'm concerned the TEA party is simply the most poignant example of the greedy "me" generation. Taxes are at rates lower than at any point in recent history, and they complain. The hardcore TEA party person appears to me to be the same type of person who complains about how much this person or that person at work makes compared to Mr. TEA partier. Same thing as complaining because the family bringing in $35,00 a year gets a refund while Mr. TEA partier has to pay in on his $85,000.00. WHAA!!!!!

How can my family live a pretty good life on a household income of under $100,000 before taxes yet so many who make much more seem to be unable to do so? We take vacations. We do pretty much whatever we want to do. I don't get the outrage.

OK, I'm just ranting now, so I will stop.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join