It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Doctors Flee Obamacare: ‘I Plan To Retire’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Kangaruex4Ewe

If you can control the food and the health of a people... you can control the people.

Problem is if they keep ignoring disasters like Fukushima, they won't have to worry about any of the above because there will be no power or people to control.
edit on 29-10-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Yup, I can understand totally doctors not wanting to Play into Obamas Game of Control of Our Doctors and Healthcare to include how your treated at the Hospital.
We all know, health insurance companies want to pay as little as possible for your care and get as much as possible from you in a monthly premium.

These Doctors are already seeing this and in some cases have put up with it already when treating Medicare patients and so on.

So lets look again at what they have to say.

“Any doctor who accepts the exchange is just a bad businessman/woman. Pays terrible,” argued one doctor.
Said another MD, “Can’t imagine any doctors would be willing to work for so little money? All doctors should boycott.”

So little Money!

One physician was so disgusted, he threatened to taken only cash patients going forward.

Only Cash Patients!
nypost.com...
That is just a few of the points. But my point is this.
The Government has taken Control of Our Healthcare or they've giving Total Control to the Healthcare Industry,,, either or The American People are Screwed!

Now let me show you an article about how Chinese Doctors deal with the Chinese Government being involved in their Healthcare and how they make ends meet.
Because These could happen here too I believe.

A doctor fresh out of medical school in Beijing earns about 3,000 yuan ($490) a month including bonuses -- roughly the same as a taxi driver. A doctor with 10 years experience makes around 10,000 yuan a month, according to Peter Chen, chief executive of privately run Oasis International Hospital in Beijing.

Yes, American Doctors make much, much more, so they'll have to charge you much, much more for that same operation.

Hospital administrators can set fees for in-patient care, nursing and laboratory tests. But the state fixes the cost of operations to make surgery affordable to ordinary Chinese. And it effectively caps the cost of many prescribed medicines by setting a suggested price.

One Chinese doctor who used to hold a senior position at a prominent hospital in Beijing said 80 percent of his income came from bribes. Without it, he would have earned less than $600 a month, said the doctor, who left China five years ago to live in Britain where he continues practicing medicine.

"These sums (bribes) are essential. You cannot survive on your salary,"

Yes, Their Doctors are Leaving or Retiring.

Public hospitals say recruiting new doctors is getting harder as many physicians are turned off by the wages at a time when patient numbers are growing. Health Ministry data showed the overall number of doctors rose 13 percent from 2008 to 2011, while patient visits jumped 28 percent.

"There will be no doctors left to treat the current doctors when they retire," said the accounting director at a Shanghai hospital who declined to be identified because she was not authorized to speak to the media.

Low salaries have also spawned a system of under-the-table payments from patients. The payments are known as "hongbao" -- a reference to the cash-filled red envelopes given as presents during Lunar New Year festivities -- and cover various services from jumping the queue for appointments to extra surgical fees.

The Future of Obamacare or Not, you decide.
www.reuters.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
when a doctor doesn't participate, you can still go to them. you pay the doctor, the insurer reimburses you based on your plan. I don't know the numbers but I would imagine a large percentage of doctors in NYC don't take some, or any, insurance at the moment. I know that my kids' pediatrician doesn't take our insurance. My wife's ob-gyn doesn't either. Some doctors who don't take your insurance will still submit the bills for you, some won't.

I don't know the rule specifics for each obamacare plan but I would imagine some won't reimburse at all for out of network doctors and some plans will reimburse.

It's no different to how it is without obamacare, just that a large number of doctors won't get involved.

The big issue with the doctors, I would imagine, is that the insurance companies use some pointless method for determining what they will pay for various treatments and visits. In NYC, the cost of rent is higher than Topeka, Kansas, so the doctor is forced to charge more for things. The insurers tend to pay based on some national average and the NYC docs wind up getting screwed, thus many of them won't take insurance.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Whether a mass-doctor exit was considered or not, it doesn't matter and the Obama admin would've done the exact same thing anyway, pass Obamacare. Do people actually think this admin cares about the American people? If so, I'd love to see some examples as to why they believe that. Go ahead and create a Pros/Cons list of what this administration has done/passed/created/extended... I guarantee you the "Con" side will heavily out-weigh the "Pro" side.

I wonder if this admin took more advice from the insurance companies or the doctors... yes, I wonder...

Come on!! This is a huge waste of American time, money and LIVES!! There is no debating this. You don't need to be prophetic to see what is about to happen to our economy, our livelihood, our nation.

Sickening

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I lost my my neurologist and my primary care physician due to them retiring because of Obamascare.
I still have my pain management dr. but no telling how long that might last.
Really comforting to know so many doctors are leaving practice while supposedly accommodating millions of new patients.
I'm sure it will all work out and be a smashing success.
Like the website.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Because they won't be able to charge outrageous amounts for their work. Like charging the government for a full physical after asking a patient how do you feel.

Only an idiot would trust our government to stop any of that, so I reckon you have a mighty fine excuse to support OBAMACARE

See ya,
Milt
edit on Tue Oct 29 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

buster2010

Of those doctors who said they were participating in Obamacare, their cited reason was they “had to” because of existing contracts with insurers or medical providers. The State Medical Society said only one-fourth of doctors in the state who participated in the survey actually chose to join the Obamacare exchange plan — but fully 77 percent of them had yet to see a fee schedule. They’ve no idea how much they will be paid for their services, The Post said.

Now we see the reason why they are quitting. Because they won't be able to charge outrageous amounts for their work. Like charging the government for a full physical after asking a patient how do you feel.

Funny that the government doesn't mind paying $400 for a hammer or a billion designing a website but they can't be bothered to write a law that adequately pays people who save lives for a living.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
If doc's are fleeing to their golf courses then I say ...good! The sort of docs who don't much care for money and are in it to help people are rather rare these days, and the ones that spread unnecessary meds are common.

A few retiring and the racket getting less a rep as a money maker are only good things, imo.

Now if we only had a single payer "option."

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Asktheanimals
I lost my my neurologist and my primary care physician due to them retiring because of Obamascare.
I still have my pain management dr. but no telling how long that might last.
Really comforting to know so many doctors are leaving practice while supposedly accommodating millions of new patients.
I'm sure it will all work out and be a smashing success.
Like the website.

Remember this:

A doctor who considers the national health-care overhaul to be bad medicine for the country posted a sign on his office door telling patients who voted for President Barack Obama to seek care “elsewhere.”

“I’m not turning anybody away — that would be unethical,” Dr. Jack Cassell, 56, a Mount Dora urologist and a registered Republican opposed to the health plan, told the Orlando Sentinel on Thursday. “But if they read the sign and turn the other way, so be it.”

The sign reads: “If you voted for Obama … seek urologic care elsewhere. Changes to your healthcare begin right now, not in four years.”

hotair.com...
I think some knew that they'd be getting the short end of the stick from this and even less in insurance payments under the new guidelines.
That lease payment's on their BMW and the Wife Jag isn't Cheap you know.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
‘I Plan To Retire’ = 'I have fleeced the system for all I could and now I'm going to go enjoy it while you suckers deal with the ramifications of what I and those like me have created'

At least he CAN retire. :eyeroll:

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Working in a hospital my whole adult life (currently in radiology IT) I would like to add to this that it is WAY more than reimbursement that is the issue. There are so many behind the scenes changes that have been going on for the past couple years that it is getting ridiculous. From the changes to the EMR systems to how/what a doctor should dictate in a report. Those are also a factor in all this. All which are going to decrease productivity. I am not evening going to touch on all the billing issues that this brings along.

JT

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

buster2010

Now we see the reason why they are quitting. Because they won't be able to charge outrageous amounts for their work. Like charging the government for a full physical after asking a patient how do you feel.

Never mind the outrageous amounts they have to pay in malpractice insurance, the HUGE cut that insurance companies get from the bills patients get, the paying of many YEARS worth of medical school loans, etc. Who do these doctors think they are? They should be making the same as someone at McDonald's! That's fair and balanced!

edit on 29-10-2013 by JackSparrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by JackSparrow17

Having said that, I've personally known some doctors over the years. Not all are out to make big stacks of cash, and most of those types are viewed with disdain for taking advantage of their Hippocratic oath. Many of the doctors "running for the hills" over obamacare are probably doing so out of protest for something they think will not allow them to help people, which was why many became doctors in the first place. However noble that might be, the irony is that they are violating their oath by doing so. If they truly wanted to stick it to the government, they'd start up private practices outside the realm of the new healthcare law and commit professional suicide in that matter. If there were enough "martyred doctors" helping people and being tossed in the clink for their convictions, that would be more helpful in the long run.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Doctors must really be worried. Man, people should have just left well enough alone.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Do you forget these docs run up hundreds of thousands in loans for their schooling, they gotta pay for their buildings, their employees and insurance, they have a RIGHT to charge what they do, to pay these costs and the costs of living
Yes before someone says it: Spoken like a true capitalist

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I know I have been directly effected by the ACA in two ways.

One, My long time doctor (had him for 10 years) has chosen to simply retire instead of deal with this "mess" as he calls it. (and before someone jump in with hes greedy, this Doctor covered me when I had no Ins for a bit for 6 months, he let me see him and didn't charge me, he does the same for people who can't afford it as well)

and

Two, what had cost me 100, with no other changes than the ACA going into effect now cost me 500.

So yay affordable health care...
edit on 29-10-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

benrl
I know I have been directly effected by the ACA in two ways.

One, My long time doctor (had him for 10 years) has chosen to simply retire instead of deal with this "mess" as he calls it. (and before someone jump in with hes greedy, this Doctor covered me when I had no Ins for a bit for 6 months, he let me see him and didn't charge me, he does the same for people who can't afford it as well)

and

Two, what had cost me 100, with no other changes than the ACA going into effect now cost me 500.

So yay affordable health care...
edit on 29-10-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

My wife got affected by ACA as well, though kinda dumb thing. We were using birth control pills, and when ACA kicked in, we found out that our cost DOUBLED. for the same pill. The irony is all the fluff about ACA making birth control cheaper. Ha! What a laugh. We are unofficially trying for children as a result. It got me over my parenting fears in a hurry. So thanks, obamacare!

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

GodSpeed, JackSparrow...and wife.
If it's a boy, will you name him Barry?

edit on 29-10-2013 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

JackSparrow17

My wife got affected by ACA as well, though kinda dumb thing. We were using birth control pills, and when ACA kicked in, we found out that our cost DOUBLED. for the same pill. The irony is all the fluff about ACA making birth control cheaper. Ha! What a laugh. We are unofficially trying for children as a result. It got me over my parenting fears in a hurry. So thanks, obamacare!

I can picture this future conversation...

Your child: " dad what made you and mom had kids?"

JackSparrow 17 "Thank Obama..."

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

IAMTAT

GodSpeed, JackSparrow...and wife.
If it's a boy, will you name him Barry?

edit on 29-10-2013 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

Thanks! And if a girl... we were thinking Nancy or Michelle. If a boy, Barry George Sparrow. Yeah. That sounds nice...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join