It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some U.S. Cities Have Higher Gun Violence Than ENTIRE Nations — Check This Map

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
well, in Stockton, cal. there is always murder by guns, but very few by knives....the gun is the choice of murder here, and the wounding by guns is almost an everyday happening

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

gardener
Shame on Americans!

Guns aint the problem. Murderous fetishes are engrained in American culture from wee early on.

Its all about killing the most and being the hero/leader.

America has 45,000,000 immigrants 4 times that of any other nation. We have more 3rd world citizens than the entire population of each European country.

The homicide rate is something like 3.8/100,0000 which is low compared to the rest of the world, and on par with developed nations.

What are the statistics across the board for for the suburbs in America the same or better than the best countries on earth.

Yet we still welcome immigrants, unlike the policies of the UK and many other "advanced" nations.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

And since our government seems completely unwilling or unable to seal off our own borders, we have extensive trafficking by the cartels all throughout the country. If we tried to make guns completely illegal for everyone, the people who wanted guns would still have them and cartels would just add one more item to their inventory list.

I know a lot of people want to believe that all the guns in Mexico are our fault. In fact, our own government did their level best to traffic a bunch of guns over there to make it look that way in order to set up a push for gun control legislation, but in reality most of the weaponry coming into Mexico is from places like China.

In other words, you could make our guns completely illegal tomorrow, and we would still have high rates of gun crime because the criminals would still have ready access to them. They'd just come with the drugs.
edit on 29-10-2013 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Lady_Tuatha
Some relevant memes to lighten the mood

Prisons have control from sun up until sun down; most are on lock down during the night time... Rapes, murder, and beatings are still happening mostly due to gang violence (or) face it, some people get off on hurting others... For many people personal responsibility coupled with situational awareness trumps anything the nanny state can do.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mikegrouchy

Hahaha...I like that picture. Hell, I've always wanted to own a flamethrower. Who's going to rob you when they're met at the door with a tongue of fire?

I figure it'd be handy for weed and pest control too.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

727Sky

Lady_Tuatha
Some relevant memes to lighten the mood

Prisons have control from sun up until sun down; most are on lock down during the night time... Rapes, murder, and beatings are still happening mostly due to gang violence (or) face it, some people get off on hurting others... For many people personal responsibility coupled with situational awareness trumps anything the nanny state can do.

Well, while we are putting up memes...

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I thought they were the centers for DISEASE control. How are gun stats related to that?

Because gun worship is a mental disease?

Seriously, you expect them to track everything that kills people except guns? That would defeat the purpose of keeping statistics on what kills people.

It's not just guns though, notice that most of these cities also have large minority populations as well.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

This is per 100,000. So what this data shows is that these countries have murder rates eaqual to that of the US cities which have the worst murder rates in our whole country. But if you add the rest of the US cities and use stats from the entire country, as you did with the other countries, the US murder rate is substantially lower than each of the countries mentioned. You're map basically proves that you are ignorant.
edit on 6-11-2013 by yamammasamonkey because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-11-2013 by yamammasamonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Clairaudience
I agree with Cabin.
Since living in Germany for several decades I have never seen someone use a gun, never seen someone owning one, never had one on my hands and never was a witness or victim to a gun crime. That I am proud of. The European Union is a great example of how strict gun laws don't lead to tyrannical governments taking over or an increase in crime rates/homicides. In fact, quite the opposite.

I am not saying that the US government should grab all your guns, but they should definitely implement more restrictions and regulations i.m.o.
edit on October2013201329-0500fCDT09America/Chicago9 by Clairaudience because: (no reason given)

You have never seen a gun crime? Well I have lived in Texas all of my life, in a VERY gun saturated area i might add, and I have never seen a gun crime either.

I love how Europeans think that the US is some kind of wild west shoot em up movie, and we all settle our arguments with a gun battle on main street :smh:

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

This map is nonsensical.. it compares percentages of gun homicides, not the number of murders.

So basically it is saying that the rate per 100, 000 people is similar to whatever country.

That means exactly NOTHING! It hopes dumb people misinterpret the information as "these states have as many murders as this whole country" in reality its just this states percentage of its murders caused by a gun are similar or higher than whatever country.

It means nothing.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Again.. see my above post. If people would become educated about guns they wouldn't be so afraid of them. Why did you choose to be antigun?

You need to figure out that guns are a fact of life.. and soon they will be worldwide. So I gueaa prepare yourself because your world is going to become much scarier as 3d printers become more prevalent. When they are in common in homes as t.v.
edit on 6-11-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Why is so hard for the progressive mind to understand ? No amount of belly aching crying or posting graphs is going to change gun ownership in the US any time soon. So why continue with such a fools errand.

And if you think for one second freedom of speech will last long after the guns are gone why don't you take a peek back in history. But progressives want to believe what there masters force feed them since birth. Fear and the progressive mind go hand and hand.
edit on 6-11-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

There are several pictures of a 1956 Gun safety course, taught in school, at this link.

theblaze.com / there was a time when kids were taught to respect firearms, not fear them

This is my favorite comment from under the article.

We had a "riffle club" when I was in high school. Now you can't even eat a waffle in the shape of a gun.

When asked by news reporters in the late 80's - early 90's
the reason "why" given by most gang members and want-to-be
gang members was "for respect."

Yeah, right.
We're supposed to respect the fire arm safety course,
not the thug who want's your lunch money. No wonder
respect has become a word of satire and failure.

No wonder the Cartman generation doesn't want to
take the safety and training courses with their
fire arm purchases.

If a person living in this country doesn't start learning
up on riffle safety, and gun culture RIGHT NOW, they
are going to continue falling with the rest of society.
And those of us who know better will get to watch
when ya'll finally hit bottom.

Mike

edit on 7-11-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   

to crazywok and lady yuatha.

it was Europeans begging the armed US citizens for guns of any kind not so long go when Adolph was rattling the door to your cage.

the major allies in WWI and WWII were England, Australia, Canada and USA.

in the past thirty years the guns have been taken away from English, Australians and Canadians with concerted attempt to do the same with USA.

there are no statistics in my reply.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by spirited75

Guns were not taken away from us Canadians. I don't know where you get your information from, but it is wrong. I don't even have to register my scary assault rifles up here like I did in NY lol. Handguns are harder to get though, that I will give you. It is however not as hard as it would be getting one in NYC lol.

There are tighter gun laws in large liberal cities, like in the US.
edit on Thu, 07 Nov 2013 06:21:51 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   

spirited75

to crazywok and lady yuatha.

it was Europeans begging the armed US citizens for guns of any kind not so long go when Adolph was rattling the door to your cage.

the major allies in WWI and WWII were England, Australia, Canada and USA.

in the past thirty years the guns have been taken away from English, Australians and Canadians with concerted attempt to do the same with USA.

there are no statistics in my reply.

Im not pro gun control I have never said that. Dont jump to assumptions. If anything Im neutral as I can see both sides argument.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join