It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't ever drink another glass of water til you READ THIS.....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I'm sorry but why have you not posted a picture of this? Could you replicate this and post a picture so we actually know what we're looking for?

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

Yep...Mine too except I used more localized brands of water. The best one I have dog tested so far was the Gerber water.

I am HIGHLY allergic to chlorine and thus have been unable to drink pretty much ANY tap water for the last 10 years.

Now if I can just find a filter for my shower...

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I bought a bottle of water today. Not the same kinda as my relative. Same thing, boiled it and got a lot of sludge at the top. Fortunately it only cost 7.50. But that was a fail. I have to find out where my relative gets there water. It has nothing in it. you boil it and no sludge appears at the top after.

I still made some tea with the new water. It's at least spring water, so no fluoride. but I just scooped out all the sludge off the top as best I could. It's hard to get all of it though. Talk about crazy. What a pain

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Reminds me of a recent visit to my child's dentist. I inquired why cavities cannot heal and she explained how the tooth enamel is 90 or so percent hardened minerals and it does not heal like a normal bone would when it is damaged. Later when she learned we had well water she handed me a prescription for a fluoride supplement along with some free samples for my child. I asked her what the benefits of swallowing a fluoride pill would be if your teeth cannot heal from within... she just looked at me like I was dumb and ignored my question. I found a new dentist.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Okay. Tired your challenge.

Tap water from SW Missouri.

Boiling on high for 35 minutes until there was little left.

Crystal clear near the end.

There was visible matter in the pan, but that is typically expected from any tap water. We do not have hard water here. I let it cool and the water was clear enough to see that my refrigerator filter will get most of it.

I don't think we add fluoride here. We can't afford it. Busy paying for our $15,000,000 water park. Now that is water I would not drink!

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   

scottlpool2003
I'm sorry but why have you not posted a picture of this? Could you replicate this and post a picture so we actually know what we're looking for?

Looks kinda like this, not exactly, but this is the closest I've found without going threw the trouble of actually trying to take real pictures of it:

www.seriouseats.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   

EnochWasRight

Okay. Tired your challenge.

Tap water from SW Missouri.

Boiling on high for 35 minutes until there was little left.

Crystal clear near the end.

There was visible matter in the pan, but that is typically expected from any tap water. We do not have hard water here. I let it cool and the water was clear enough to see that my refrigerator filter will get most of it.

I don't think we add fluoride here. We can't afford it. Busy paying for our $15,000,000 water park. Now that is water I would not drink!

No I didn't say boil it down to nothing. I said bring to a boil (like 7 minutes), then turn off the heat and let the water then cool. At the top it forms a layer of crap. It's like pond scum. Well that's good that you tried it and nothing comes up. So that way you know you're maybe a bit more safe. But you should check the city website, under there water division to be sure. They'll say usually on the website what goes into the water supply.

But again it's different in every town and city. In our city we add flouride and a gazillion other chemicals. That's why it creates that I think. I started by spring water for drinking and cooking. I'm never gonna go back now. I use to think a filter on your tap did something. It doesn't do jack. I have a 100 dollar 8 stage filter attached to my tap and that doesn't do nothing. And that's like 10 x 's as powerful as a stupid britta jug. Filters don't remove flouride. Even reverse osmosis might not remove all of it from what I heard. I don't know for sure.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Boiling fluoride out doesnt work, it can only leave the flouride and remove the water, even most filters cannot even remove the substance
edit on 1-11-2013 by galacticfriendly because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
No fluoride is added to my tap water, but I filter it anyway for taste purposes, I have boiled this water and there is never any film at all.

Some cities spend a lot of money on water purification, but after it leaves it can hit old pipes that have lead.
In fact one house I lived in had old galvinzied pipes, they use those in older homes, and it can really dirty your tap water.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Eryiedes
Greetings,

Animals are far more sensitive to these things than humans.
I just let my dog decide for me.
I poured him tap water and then three bowls with various brands of bottled water.
He consistantly went for the Eska bottled water and in all the times I tried to fool him, never once missed the their product.
Wouldn't even sniff the tap water after a few tries.
Avoided Nestle like the plague.
Walked past Dasann everytime.
I trust his sences on the subject over my own.

-Amitabha-

In that case you might as well let him pick what you eat too. Next time he eats a big steamy pile of crap or his own puke jump right in after all he knows best. Heck that antifreeze dogs seem to love must be great to drink too.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   

galacticfriendly
reply to post by g146541

Boiling fluoride out doesnt work, it can only leave the flouride and remove the water, even most filters cannot even remove the substance
edit on 1-11-2013 by galacticfriendly because: (no reason given)

Of course boiling works, you just put a lid o the pot and attach a copper tube o the lid.
Distilling ftw.
But yeah, I know straight boiling only removes water content and leaves all other heavier than air contaminations.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I lived in Tucson for many years... in the Rincon Mountains east of the city lies Saguaro National Park East (-- there are two Saguaro Nat'l Parks, East and West)... there is a trail called the Douglas Spring Trail... approx. 3 miles in and up (mild climb) there is a spur trail approx .3 miles long that leads to "Bridal Veil Falls"...

Every spring while I lived in Tucson, I would load my pack with empty water bladders and Nalgene bottles, my ceramic pressure filter and hike into to the falls to catch the spring snow-pack melt out of the mountains... purest, cleanest water anywhere...

One year we had an incredible snow-pack... 2009/2010 as I recall... 4 FEET more snow than Aspen or Vail... I packed out enough very clean water that lasted me nearly a full year...

Now, I live in Idaho and winter is coming... (not a GOT reference... just the seasons
) gonna get the filter out and ready for spring...

edit on 1-11-2013 by madmac5150 because: Upon the advice of Dr. Strabismus of Utrecht ... whom God preserve

edit on 1-11-2013 by madmac5150 because: Caffeine induced cerebral clarity

edit on 1-11-2013 by madmac5150 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Personally I would recommend buying distilled water over spring water. There can be some nasty chemicals in spring water as well such as arsenic. Distilled water will remove inorganic garbage from your body as well as help decalcify the pineal glad. Who in their right mind would drink tap water? Haven't had a sip of that nasty stuff since I was a teenager and was forced to.

If you are forced to then get a 3 stage system. Sediment, Charcoal, and Reverse Osmosis (filters by molecular size).

You know I've always wondered if there was a way to add baking soda to tap water to neutralize the acid (Fluoride) and then use some chemistry method to remove the baking soda. Just food for thought.
edit on 1-11-2013 by Pimpintology because: he types over 130 words per minute

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Get a reverse osmosis system, it WILL remove just about everything harmful from the water like fluoride and arsenic and it is the only filter that works.

You can get some on ebay for cheap, I got a "portable" counter top (or under sink) unit for $75, filters last 6-12 months. Dont waste your money on expensive ones for no reason unless you get a whole house filter.

Our citys water is actually well water, very high in PPM 450-500. only treated for iron, the residue is still there if you boil it so the residue could be minerals as well.

a brita filter actually raised the PPM of our water by 20, so that went in the garbage. they just make it taste better not actually make it cleaner.

this cheap R/O filter takes our water down to 10-20 PPM which is amazing, regular city water it will take down to 0-5 ppm.

water tastes fantastic and no residue left in pots.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I would suggest finding a local company that produces (or bottles) natural spring water. It is important to clarify what the amount of flouridation is to the water. If they have not added any flouride than chances are your in good shape.

If you want to go ultra pure, your local grocery store sells distilled/reverse osmosis water. Water that is distilled/reserve osmosis is, from my understanding, stagnant and has no trace minerals so it's important to consume Vitamin C and purchase a 'trace mineral' supplement. DO NOT get pre-filled gallon jugs as these contain toxic levels of BPA due to heating over transportation. Instead, get a BPA free or glass jug and go to the water dispensing device. The other thing to take notice is how often to they change their filter system, something that if possible should be clarified.
edit on 1-11-2013 by Positive because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I live in the Chicago area, and I use a PUR Zero 5 stage water filter and I notice a major difference in the water. Coming out of the tap you can smell how dirty the water is, you can even at times smell the chlorine, but when I put it through the Zero water filter it tastes a lot better.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I remember growing up in the sixties and we would pour our drinking water the night before into glass containers so it would off-gas .. in the summer it would be put in the fridge ... ahh .. cool, cool water. Mom and dad grew up on mountain spring water and hated the taste of city water. I drink both fridge filtered water and tap water depending. And when making tea I always had a film on top .. but I thought it was from the tea and or bag ?? My coffee (same water source) never has the film.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Winter is comming so there's a solution for you all. There's something you can do absolutely free of charge with approximately destiled/osmotic quality water on output. It's called defrosted water here where i live. Just fill a 5l jug and let it half-freeze. That's it. You can do clear water from coke or urine too. Try it now in the refrigerator. Water molecules are freezing from the sides and salts and all the waste remains in the middle. You just need to drill in a little corridor with hot stream of tap water and outpour the waste to the sea. Not to mention such water has some special qualities. I advise you to do your own research.
edit on 1/11/2013 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

How are you just now finding out about this? I learned about them putting this and other chemicals in the public water supply from my High-school History teacher in the 90's so I'm assuming they have been doing it since at least the 80's. They also add chemicals to increase testosterone levels because "tests" showed that it lowers the amount of violent crimes committed.
I personally quit drinking tap water when I was 17 and I filter the bottled water I drink

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by PapagiorgioCZ

Interesting method sir. I will look into this. Solar stills are another way. I am always up to learn something new and we should all be educated in how to purify our drinking water. Even if you believe tap water is safe you might one day be in a bad situation and need the knowledge. Knowledge is power. Thanks for the tip!

<< 1  2    4 >>

join