It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't ever drink another glass of water til you READ THIS.....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
If anyone hears my voice and opens the faucet, I will come drink with them, and they with me. Hence ,thy have tasted the fluoride and it has been given dominion upon thou

Filtered water is a path to the DarkSide
edit on 29-10-2013 by Blowback because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   

spartacus699

GalaxyEyes
What do you mean boil it in a pot with a lid on? What sort of pot? Where abouts do you live?
Will this work with an electric kettle if I pour the boiling water out into a cup and leave it to cool? Or do I need to leave it in the kettle to cool down? And why do I need a lid?

I've noticed the bad smelling/tasting tap water, but never noticed a film-layer on top. I will try as soon as you answer my questions.

Thanks

edit on 29-10-2013 by GalaxyEyes because: (no reason given)

just boil a pot of tap water (lid or no lid it doesn't matter). Just boil the water, then let it sit until it cools down, and see what form on the top. YOu'll be shocked. Thick sludge, that's some of the chemicals they add to the water at the at the water treatment plant. (most cities and towns add crap to the water). It pisses me off. It's poison. I'm not drinking that sheat anymore, no way!

I still don't know what you mean by a pot. Pottery? Like a container made out of clay or something? That's what a pot is where I come from; that's why I was asking where you live.

I really want to try this but I'm not sure what you mean. Will an electric kettle not work then? And you never answered my question about a cup. Will it work if I pour the boiling water into a cup an leave it to cool that way?

I will try this as soon as you answer my questions.

Thanks

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
In a metro area, you don't even need to boil the water...just get out a clean clear glass and fill it from the tap. If your faucet has an screen or areator, let the bubbles settle. And examine. Pour a glass of distilled purified water (you should know what you can trust...if you dont that is what the series of tubes called the interwebs is for), and compare in a room filled with natural sunlight. Yeah, i don't know about oily junk, but it is chock full o' fun little floaties, you know, bits of turds, stuff from the pipes, etc. If you really want to freak yourself out, drop some on a slide and examine with a microscope...

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
We moved and have well water, but its got some minerals in it, too much iron and is upsetting me, and who knows about other things, perhaps some lime too.

So am picking up a reverse osmosis filter for under the sink today, have the notice from the post office so its today we're doing it. And then phoning the plumber to fix the toilet and put in the filter.

I personally don't trust bottled water. I think its a choice between a good fliter system and if you need more, creating your own distilled water system. They have youtube videos. If I'm still upset by the water afterwords, then that will be my next step. But I won't buy it.
edit on 29-10-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Unity_99
We moved and have well water, but its got some minerals in it, too much iron and is upsetting me, and who knows about other things, perhaps some lime too.

So am picking up a reverse osmosis filter for under the sink today, have the notice from the post office so its today we're doing it. And then phoning the plumber to fix the toilet and put in the filter.

I personally don't trust bottled water. I think its a choice between a good fliter system and if you need more, creating your own distilled water system. They have youtube videos. If I'm still upset by the water afterwords, then that will be my next step. But I won't buy it.

Sometimes well water can be hazardous. Farmers have been saturating their fields with pesticides and fertilizers for so long it has entered the water table. I grew up in a very small town in the Great Plains. In the past few years, so many people have been dying of a super rare pancreatic cancer, the NIH and CDC are interested and poking around.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Never drink water....fish fornicate in it.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

Well water can indeed be hazardous, but I'm very happy with mine as it is right now. I haven't had it tested for over ten years but I fear I will have to start doing that regularly since they are getting ready to put in a huge chicken farm nearby, much to the chagrin of the residents!

I have a lot of iron in my water, but I have an iron filter that takes care of that. My water has a lot of minerals in it, but that makes it taste better, and it brews really, really good beer! For now at least...

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Greetings,

Animals are far more sensitive to these things than humans.
I just let my dog decide for me.
I poured him tap water and then three bowls with various brands of bottled water.
He consistantly went for the Eska bottled water and in all the times I tried to fool him, never once missed the their product.
Wouldn't even sniff the tap water after a few tries.
Avoided Nestle like the plague.
Walked past Dasann everytime.
I trust his sences on the subject over my own.

-Amitabha-

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

wtbengineer

Well water can indeed be hazardous, but I'm very happy with mine as it is right now. I haven't had it tested for over ten years but I fear I will have to start doing that regularly since they are getting ready to put in a huge chicken farm nearby, much to the chagrin of the residents!

I have a lot of iron in my water, but I have an iron filter that takes care of that. My water has a lot of minerals in it, but that makes it taste better, and it brews really, really good beer! For now at least...

I'm guessing it's not free range chickens
Luckily, most of the farms around where I am staying (for now) are Amish and/or organic. Our well has quite a bit of iron. Easily solved. Very good otherwise. Good luck.
edit on 29-10-2013 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

We moved to an area that has a lot of organic farming, but the orchards are small, unlike our old fashioned soft fruit orchard when I grew up, and I susupect GMO. Thats one way to avoid using pesticides, if its in the genes themselves. Anyway....this area has iron and near here lime lake. Now the filter we're getting is supposed to take this out and is used alot in farming areas. The well is very deep one something like 190 feet, we're on a higher bench.

But after this, if we have to distill it, we'll follow a youtube video. I don't trust what's in their bottles.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Well they do keep finding parts of females in the water.

Are you sure you're not drinking someone?

This could be cause for concern!!

oO

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

spartacus699
reply to post by winofiend

I boiled tap water = flim on the top (a chemical soup)

I boiled natural spring water = no film (no chemicals)

No not all water is the same, not even close! What comes out of the tap has poisons in it, clearly!

Take the poisons out and it's still the same water. Water is water is water.

What is IN the water... isn't water.

also

I'm not sure what you think you're doing by boiling the water.. but youre reducing the amount of water in it by purifying some of it and letting it escape as steam.. so the stuff in the water, whatever it is, is concentrated.

Don't drink that.

But you can keep the distilled water. It's not as healthy for you as it's now completely devoid of the natural disolved solids that are in healthy water (minerals etc) but if you're drinking toxic soups and fear becoming the new toxic avenger without the sexy girlfriend, then it's a start. Personally, I'd look at not using a car radiator to make my coffee with, as I cetainly have no soup in my tap water. And I boil my water dry to make sure I don't get my mouth wet when I'm extremely thirsty so I can drink more.

No left over soup scum.

I'd be going to the news and telling them to run a story on it, complete with a mask on and a shot gun.

edit on 29-10-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-10-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by GalaxyEyes

No he means a pot as in pots and pans.

But if he has a clay pot on the burner, then no wonder it forms a scum! oO

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Thanks for the well wishes. Yes, the farm is going to technically be an egg factory. I think something like 60,000 birds and definitely not free range. I am very much in fear that it will ruin my quality of life both in the water and the air.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Maybe your local reservoir has been fed too many chemicals.

There has to be a certain amount of 'additives' that need to go into water to kill the nasty bugs, your local water supply may have had an overdose of these chemicals.

I wouldn't worry too much, In one of my previous jobs I drank water with visible larvae in it, the boss told me they were 'extra protein", but still i drank the water and I never felt any repercussions . If you have a genuine concern maybe you should collect a sample and take it to the proper authorities for testing.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I don't get it. I boil water for a variety of reasons, and many times that water then cools down. Never noticed anything different about it. So, here's to the big glass of tap water I'm drinking right now.

Also, one of our regional bottled water companies actually bottles directly from the Corpus Christi water plant. It's right there on the bottle if you look. Don't remember what brand it is though.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

spartacus699

boncho
There was a "spring water" company that was pumping water a few thousand feet from a superfund site, I'll stick with tap water…

No seriously, don't drink tap water! I'm still kinda alarmed because I was thinking about it and even if I don't drink it I'll still have to contend with like washing dishes and clothes with it. Ahhh man it just sucks. Like The amount of stuff you can spoon off the top of water after you boil it, IT'S INSANE!

And people actually drink this, well they don't know any better. It's just sad. With the bottled water, I'd just buy one of those big 5 gallon jugs from a reputable source. And boil some of it and see if anything comes up. I tested my relatives water and after it cools nothing floats. So I'm gonna go with that. It should be safe.

My province is so stupid. We got two major cities. The other city they got rid of the floride in the water. We however didn't. It's just sad. Why would they do this? I bet the mayor or governer get a kick back for allowing it. It's so freakin sad. Like we have to shower in that poison. It's almost no wonder, I was concerned as to why my face was getting red in the shower. Makes perfect sense now. Rubbing my face with warmed chemical poisons.

Mind you there's poison in most everything really, so I guess it's somewhat unavoidable, but still. Something as basic as your water which you need a lot of each day, that from now I'm just drinking a good source of spring water, nothing else.

Well, if you live in the 1800s sure:

[This was an advertisment published in 1887 for what became known as Healing Springs, Crumpler, Ashe County, North Carolina].

Officers of the Company
George W. Palmer, Saltville, Va.; President
Chas. F. Palmer, Saltville, Va., Treasurer
William H. Wiley, Saltville, Va., Secretary
Lewis W. Burwell, Saltville, Va., General Manager

Nature's Remedy
Thompson's Bromine-Arsenic Springs Water is offered to the public as a gift of nature for the alleviation and cure of many of the ills to which the human family is subject. Whereever it is known it has the unqualified approval of physicans in the treatment of impurities in the blood. Its constituents.

Bromine and Arsenic commented it to the most favorable consideration of sufferers from Eczema, Srofula, Cancerous Affections, Primary and Secondary Syphillis, Ulcers, Tumors, Boils, Erysipelas, and Diseases of the Lungs, Kidneys, Womb and Bladder, and builds and repairs these organs and wasted tissues of the system. Through its action in purifying the blood it imparts health to the skin and gives clearness to the complexion.

Its analysis by Dr. H. Froehling (whose reputation as a chemist is second to no one in this country) is a sure guarantee of its correctness, and any educated physician will testify to the value of the ingredients which are so happily blended in this water. It is the only combination of the kind ever discovered in this or any other country, and is destined to become the most extensively used natural mineral water in the world.

It is put up in cases of one dozen half-gallon bottles each, and sold at $6.00.

www.newrivernotes.com...

Nothing like a spring water fresh little Bromine and Arsenic.

Now, should you live in a small town near any mining or oil patch operations, I can see your hesitation to drink the water. But, city controlled water is most likely safer than anything pumped directly out of the aquifer there.

For the rest of us though, city water is fine. And we are not all going to switch cause some random person online claims they boiled their water and found jelly on top. You can send your water to an independent lab, MANY PEOPLE DO IT, as it is pretty much mandatory for well water. No cover ups, no anterior motives, just an independent lab getting paid to test your water and tell you exactly what's in it.

Anything less and you are trying to manipulate the forum, which some don't appreciate.

www.newrivernotes.com...
edit on 29-10-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

usernameconspiracy
I don't get it. I boil water for a variety of reasons, and many times that water then cools down. Never noticed anything different about it. So, here's to the big glass of tap water I'm drinking right now.

Also, one of our regional bottled water companies actually bottles directly from the Corpus Christi water plant. It's right there on the bottle if you look. Don't remember what brand it is though.

I'd put money on the OP boiling the water in a dirty dish… to be honest. We aren't exactly talking about the scientific method. If they were seriously concerned they would send the water to a lab.

www.watercheck.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

My folks live in the country with their own well. It's been a working well for years. It does that. The water out there is liquid rock; it's that hard.

Maybe that's what the OP's tap water is like? Very alkaline?

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Safest water to drink is home distilled.

Spring waters and even the distilled in jugs(because of plastic) isn't entirely safe. I think though if you're going to buy water from the store distilled would be the best route to go.

When I used to brew kombucha tea, all of the waters except distilled would destroy the culture.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join