It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German police fires 85 bullets in the year 2011. US police fires 90 on 1 Person.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Americans have fewer restrictions when it comes to owning, operating a firearm.

But how are the fewer restrictions helping you to avoid loosing more of your freedoms? What do you think is so fundamentally different freedom-wise in the States compared to Germany. Gays here still don't have the same rights in all regards, but i take it you're having the same discussions about that over in the U.S., so it's pretty much the same in that instance.

We're allowed to drive faster though.

What else do you think makes/made the U.S. more free.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   

hopenotfeariswhatweneed
reply to post by beezzer

are you suggesting the right to carry a firearm makes you more free ?....really....what is freedom to you then?...im confused...im not having a go i am just trying to understand where you are coming from

Not at all.

All I'm saying is that we have the freedom to do so if we wish.

Owning a firearm doesn't MAKE us free.

Having the freedom to own a firearm is an indicator of personal freedoms.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   

talklikeapirat
reply to post by beezzer

Americans have fewer restrictions when it comes to owning, operating a firearm.

But how are the fewer restrictions helping you to avoid loosing more of your freedoms? What do you think is so fundamentally different freedom-wise in the States compared to Germany. Gays here still don't have the same rights in all regards, but i take it you're having the same discussions about that over in the U.S., so it's pretty much the same in that instance.

We're allowed to drive faster though.

What else do you think makes/made the U.S. more free.

America used to be unique in that they had the freedom to fail.

There used to be no safety nets, no automatic entitlement programmes. Government intrusion, involvement into everyday life has made that a moot point, however.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
In a country were just (owning) scratch that and make it having a toy gun gives an officer the right to execute you. Where law enforcement has a right to lie to the public, what real trust or respect can they expect?

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

beezzer

VforVendettea
reply to post by beezzer

Beez-You are thinking of the Old USA Like the 1970s or so.
Take a look at it now - Stalinist Russia was a walk in the park compared to what we here in Kalifornia are living under.

That's why I did caveat America has/HAD more freedoms.

Right now we're living in a police-state run by a dictatorship of ideals, not personalities.

Taking away our remaining rights like gun ownership scares the living hell out of me.

scares you? LOL
buck up soldier, it's not your right to gun ownership that's being threatened
IT'S YOUR RIGHT TO SELF-DEFENSE [and all that implies gear-wise] that's being threatened

focusing on guns only provides ammunition to those claiming americans are morbidly...
fixated on guns. [and they do have point there]

unless you subscribe to the erroneous belief that your rights derive from the state/society/the law,
in which case you've already lost.

what's with the maple leaf btw? did you move to canada or is that your version of the upside down[distress] flag?

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Lets use 9,11.01 for a starting point for the demise of Amerika.
How far along did Stalin get in his first 12 years? (Lets start in 1912 when Lenin appointed him)

You are very much allowed to suggest a different starting time for either timeline- just tell us why we should start counting there.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
How is this a valid comparison when one country has roughly 81 million people and the other has over 315 million people as per the 2013 census which only covers registered or legal numbers.

That much of a variance in randomness alone almost makes this not worth comparing the two.

It's like another post I read here that said something to this effect, 'If Germany can get invaded then the Mainland US can get invaded" ..that comparison is as flawed as using a discrepancy this big.

Don't get me wrong , their are horrible and bad problems with some elements of law enforcement, like every single job everywhere, in America..if those things don't change for the better soon then I am afraid for how people will react here. All that being said using a country that is a little under a quarter of the same population as America doesn't make much sense to me.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

You lose me the moment you compare modern day America to either war time Germany of the Soviet Union. Unfortunately, you lose me entirely.

The United States of America may well be evolving into it's very own form of tyranny, but it won't compare to either of those ..as we aren't Russian or German with the culture, traditions and history which made those two horrible examples of excess in history, what they came to be.

Still, we aren't there yet for our own, either...and the more people just assume or insist we ARE? The more reason to give up even trying to change anything OR watch others try without discouraging them as well.

I'm looking for solutions, personally. We all know the problems by heart.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I think the simplest solution would be for the little people to start denying services and goods to the tyrants.
So the Police here are a domestic army who view the workers as the enemy, last time I heard an army marches on its stomach. How far will those SWAT tanks go if no one will sell them fuel? They would get pretty scruffy after a short time and realize they are not that big and bad after all.
The Gov? Well they are almost all just paper pushers and they don't do much that people want in the long run.

The people can live without a government, a government can't survive without a host to feed off of.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join