It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wakeskating Rice Terraces in the Philippines

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I would consider Wakeskating some kind of sport, so I'm posting it in this forum =)

This week, on October 24th, an American and a German wake-skated ~80 meters on rice terraces in Banaue, Philippines, the first time ever.

Professional wakeskaters Brian Grubb (USA) and Dominik Preisner (GER) travelled to the Philippines to have an epic winch session at one of the most beautiful spots in the world. The famous rice terraces of Banaue are considered to be the Eighth Wonder of the World and were surely the perfect playground for an unique wakeskate session.

The great part about it is that it was done during the off-season of rice farming, so there was little to no environmental damage done. You can see they are planting rice seedlings that spell out "Red Bull" (their sponsor) as well. Very creative.

And, of course, a great video to go along with this =)

Of course, there are some politics involved with some concerned citizens wanting to object to this activity, probably just to see their name in the media. From what I can tell, the wakeskating duo went through all the proper local channels for permission, even doing at least one ritual before getting the permission from the elders.

MyLifeOnBoa rd.net - My Life On Board - The Banaue Rice Terraces Session: Wakeskating the Eighth Wonder of the World with Brian Grubb

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Those terraces are thousands of years old.

The massive terracing is also found around more Pacific Rim of Fire Islands, like Indonesia. Even turning up all over Mid and South Africa!!

Built by a forgotten race....

Looks fun!!

Just steps for giants
edit on 29-10-2013 by AbleEndangered because: additions and format

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Cool Pictures, I'm sure it was an experience of a life time for those guys. I thought you might enjoy some of Nick Ennen's winch work it's cool what they can do with a winch and a wake board. I went high school with this guy.

join