It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens any opinions other then mine?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I enjoy the AA Theory. I don't watch the show though unless someone posts it up here somewhere. I'm not much for wading thru YouTube as there is a lot of crap to wade through. So I wait for others to bring the good stuff to contemplate forward.

I think the idea warrants contemplation, and I think there is enough indication to suggest - either we had visitors from somewhere else show up among ancient man - or a past human civilization reached higher tech and achievements not given credit for.

I think the bible makes perfect sense when you apply AA theory to it. I can imagine the head honcho commander (God) looking down on his brethren - each with their own little biological gardens and creating man and all sorts of genetic manipulations on other animals, introducing alien concepts and tech, teaching us war as they argued and fought amongst one another and using us as pawns to do their dirty work, and putting down the hammer. Packing up survivors to ships so that it can all be undone, the aliens/annunaki/angels ordered off the planet or at least on one side of a veil (dimension separate from our perceptions), tech destroyed along with the abominations and science experiments, and setting it back to before they came here and started meddling with our natural development, and us getting set back into the Earth with these crazy stories of when the gods walked among us. With rules and regs warning us of not getting involved and pulling them over to our reality again.

I can resonate with the idea. My own experiences with the occult give me personal validation... it's not too far off the mark. They just don't come from out there, in my opinion, but rather from - over there.

CdT

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

...or over here.

It all makes as much sense or maybe even more than some of the biblical stories.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by solomons path

solomons path

AbleEndangered

Stitchin is always blamed or accredited with the term "Annunaki". I sensed you going this direction with your semantics and stopped you in your tracks!!

You played the stitchin dis-info card. Which was carefully placed in your hand by the agents themselves!!

You sensed nothing, because I said no such thing. You are derailing, as usual, because your beliefs don't match the evidence.

Again, I'm not talking about Sitchin . . . you are.

I was talking about Von Daniken, Tsoukalos, Childress, Coppens, et al. I was detailing their lies. Stop using Sitchin as a straw man and trying to deflect from the actual items I brought to bear . . . Pumapunku, Mohenjo-Daro, etc.

I don't need "agents" to discredit any of the above AA proponents . . . If you don't believe me, present some of their evidence and I'll post what the actual archeological evidence shows.

I have not gone into any depth of Mohenjo-daro so I won't comment on that.

Puma Punku on the other hand, I have seen pictures of!!

If you go to Google Earth and head down to Puma Punku and Tiwananku Bolivia. You will see Tiwanaku in good shape.

If the Conquistadors were into building materials. Tiwanaku would have been much easier to disassemble and re-use.

Tiwanaku was built much later with lower skilled craftsmen...

Puma Punku Temple or Complex doesn't even exist anymore because it was obliterated!!

Every stone used at the Puma Punku site a football field away from Tiwanaku is peppered with what looks like someone went around and shotgun blasted all of them.

Tiwanaku doesn't share any of these damaged stone characteristics.

To even get the stones there in the first place is another mystery...

Who had the technology to destroy Puma Punku like that?

Why does Puma Punku resemble building techniques used on Easter Island, Polynesia, West and East Asia, and even into Africa and Egypt?

Examples:
www.ancient-wisdom.co.uk/quarrymarks.htm
www.ancient-wisdom.co.uk...

^ Link shared by fellow member in this thread:
One man, One 26,000lb stone, one 2 pound hammer.
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread978261/pg1
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Some great pics of Tiwanaku and Puma Punku on Google Earth and this page:

www.ufo-contact.com/pumapunku
www.ufo-contact.com...

Then google the "Walls of Cusco" for fun...

An ancient Empire clearly left their signature building technique all over the planet.

2 sets of History are being taught:

What they teach in schools (Brainwashing facility)...

and

What really happened....

edit on 29-10-2013 by AbleEndangered because: additions

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Hi, you had alot to say about my OP which I am very glad to read it all. I love hearing other peoples opinions on things that way heavy on my mind.

The radiation that I spoke of did really happen, perhaps from an asteroid. But I did find a link of the subject. Now take it for what it is worth. Check out the URL. It could be true or it could be more BS

I guess as far as Ancient Aliens goes. everyone needs to make money and they need to keep coming up with BS to sell to the History channel or they will lose their show. They can't let that happen.

Thanks everyone for talking to me about this, the show was really pissing me off with all the crap they keep repeating and new crap that couldn't possibly be true.

Stari

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AbleEndangered

Pumapunka was in ruins when the Spanish arrived . . . they witnessed the "locals"/"natives" (i.e. the Inca) looting and tearing down the site for building materials. It was happening before the Spanish witnessed it and it was continued after the Spanish conquered Boliva.

I'm sure you seeing pictures gives you a much better perspective than the archeologists who have spent years at the site and are considered experts on the Aymara people and their work.

The rest of your post is the typical mumbo-jumbo that has no merit on the OP, as usual.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

So looting, damaged the stones like that??

Off-topic:
Wake up on the wrong side today?

Ralph E. Wolf and Sam Sheepdog - A Sheep In The Deep
www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VYtiyjqx7E
www.youtube.com...

edit on 29-10-2013 by AbleEndangered because: addition

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Stari

Hi, you had alot to say about my OP which I am very glad to read it all. I love hearing other peoples opinions on things that way heavy on my mind.

The radiation that I spoke of did really happen, perhaps from an asteroid. But I did find a link of the subject. Now take it for what it is worth. Check out the URL. It could be true or it could be more BS

I guess as far as Ancient Aliens goes. everyone needs to make money and they need to keep coming up with BS to sell to the History channel or they will lose their show. They can't let that happen.

Thanks everyone for talking to me about this, the show was really pissing me off with all the crap they keep repeating and new crap that couldn't possibly be true.

Stari

Yes . . . I know the claim; however, consider the source. In the case of you link . . . It's David Icke. Also, that site is full of the same fabrication that the AA theorists put out. They hide behind conspiracist ideation when pressed for actual evidence . . . meaning they claim there is a "worldwide academic and governmental conspiracy to keep the findings secret". Bunk.

There is no "radioactive ash" at that site . . . feel free to look into the citation references that accompany the wiki entry on Mohenjo-Daro or any other paleo-Indus Valley site.

The poster who provided the AA Debunked link did a great service. Feel free to check out the website and read about AA theorists fabricated evidence for the various ancient sites.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

The stones are not as "hard" as the AA theorists claim . . . They are not "granite and diorite". They are mostly red sandstone with some andesite. There is also a large amount of fired clay brick that was used at the site too. Sandstone is easy to damage, not to mention the clay brick. Andesite can easily be flaked by striking with a hard object. The mere acting of breaking up the building to reuse the materials will damage the stones. Also, not all are "damaged", they have found many unfinished stones.

The fact that they are strewn about is a symptom of looting for materials . . . so . . . ?

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

solomons path

The stones are not as "hard" as the AA theorists claim . . . They are not "granite and diorite". They are mostly red sandstone with some andesite. There is also a large amount of fired clay brick that was used at the site too. Sandstone is easy to damage, not to mention the clay brick. Andesite can easily be flaked by striking with a hard object. The mere acting of breaking up the building to reuse the materials will damage the stones. Also, not all are "damaged", they have found many unfinished stones.

The fact that they are strewn about is a symptom of looting for materials . . . so . . . ?

You been there??

Unfinished Stones...Something interrupt construction?

Where is the quarry again??

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

AbleEndangered

solomons path

You been there??

Haven't been there or Bolivia . . . but I have been to several sites in Peru. And what does the location of the quarry have to do with where they worked on the stones? They can't be quarried in one spot and worked on at another?

Here is a photo of an unfinished stone at the Tiwanaku Complex, related to Pumapunku.

Jean-Pierre Protzen, with Stella Nair (Dept. of Architecture - UC Berkeley) "Who Taught the Inca Stonemasons Their Skills?" - 1997

Pit scars and patterns of cup- or trough-like depressions are found on several roughly hewn and shaped stones at Tiahuanaco [Figure 20]. Although we have yet to find the actual hammerstones, the marks suggest that the Tiahuanacan stonemasons, to do the coarse work, used a technique quite similar to that of the Incas.23 But to obtain the smooth finishes, the perfectly planar faces, and exact right interior and exterior angles on the finely dressed stones, they resorted to techniques unknown to the Incas and to us at this time.

edit on 10/29/13 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

solomons path

AbleEndangered

solomons path

You been there??

Haven't been there or Bolivia . . . but I have been to several sites in Peru. And what does the location of the quarry have to do with where they worked on the stones? They can't be quarried in one spot and worked on at another?

Here is a photo of an unfinished stone at the Tiwanaku Complex, related to Pumapunku.

Jean-Pierre Protzen, with Stella Nair (Dept. of Architecture - UC Berkeley) "Who Taught the Inca Stonemasons Their Skills?" - 1997

Pit scars and patterns of cup- or trough-like depressions are found on several roughly hewn and shaped stones at Tiahuanaco [Figure 20]. Although we have yet to find the actual hammerstones, the marks suggest that the Tiahuanacan stonemasons, to do the coarse work, used a technique quite similar to that of the Incas.23 But to obtain the smooth finishes, the perfectly planar faces, and exact right interior and exterior angles on the finely dressed stones, they resorted to techniques unknown to the Incas and to us at this time.

That stone does not fit with Puma Punku, it fits with Tiwanaku Monument!!

This is what a Puma Punku base stones look like:

Massive Stone Megalith Pumapunku
www.ufo-contact.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Massive-Stone-Megalith-Pumapunku.jpeg
www.ufo-contact.com...

from this web sites collection:

www.ufo-contact.com...

The cuts on those stones are amazing.

There are Tiwanaku and Puma Punku Photographs on this page.

You can see the difference in technique.

Recap:
The older site is eons ahead of the newer

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

It doesn't "fit" because it was unfinished. That stone is from the Pumapunku site, which is just one courtyard within the Tiwanaku complex.

Pumapunku or Puma Punku (Aymara and Quechua puma cougar, puma, punku door, hispanicized Puma Puncu) is part of a large temple complex or monument group that is part of the Tiwanaku Site near Tiwanaku, Bolivia.

Tiwanaku is significant in Inca traditions because it is believed to be the site where the world was created. In Aymara, Puma Punku's name means "The Door of the Puma". The Pumapunku complex consists of an unwalled western court, a central unwalled esplanade, a terraced platform mound that is faced with megalithic stone, and a walled eastern court.

I'm quite familiar with the site and it's architecture. No aliens needed . . . all human ingenuity and intelligence.

I found a link to an online version of the paper in question, where you can clearly see descriptions of the H stones and other aspects of the site . . . You can see that .pdf here:
Paper

Stella Nair's faculty page

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Tiwanaku Temple seems like it may have been a filled pool.

Bolivia - Tiwanaku,Temple of the Sun - South America,part 64 - Travel video HD
www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAzm1n5_hFQ
www.youtube.com...

series of pools...

Where was the water source?...

Did you see all the drill marks on the Puma Punku stones here?

www.ufo-contact.com...

Even tiny drill marks.

solomons path
reply to post by Stari

I used to be a big believer in the AA theory. My grandfather had Chariots of the Gods, The 12th Planet, etc. on his bookshelves and I used to thumb through them (mainly looking at pictures and reading the captions), as a young boy. I first read Von Daniken's book in the mid-80's, in grade school . . . read Sitchin's books in high school. It wasn't until after college that I really started looking at the "evidence" with a critical eye and comparing it to the actual archeological evidence. Basically, everything that is in the History Channel program is based of the work of Von Daniken and Sitchin . . . the "researchers" just parrot what has been claimed for decades.

What I've found . . . the whole theory is complete bunk. Nothing they claim is true, not one aspect of it. Most is a complete misrepresentation of what we actually know; however, a lot is completely fabricated (i.e. lies). At best they are gullible zealots, at worst and my personal opinion, is that they are complete con men out to make a buck.

To Recap:
So Solomon, you are saying Ancient Alien Series on History Channel has Zero Credibility??

That is a pretty broad statement.

What did you find?

If the stone don't fit, you must acquit!!
edit on 29-10-2013 by AbleEndangered because: more

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Woodcut by Hans Glaser, 1566. At sunrise on the 14th April 1561, the citizens of Nuremberg beheld ‘A very frightful spectacle.’ The sky appeared to fill with cylindrical objects from which red, black, orange and blue white disks and globes emerged. Crosses and tubes resembling cannon barrels also appeared whereupon the objects promptly ‘began to fight one another.’

This painting is called "The Madonna with Saint Giovannino". It was painted in the 15th century by Domenico Ghirlandaio (1449-1494) and hangs as part of the Loeser collection in the Palazzo Vecchio. Above Mary's right shoulder is a disk shaped object. Below is a blow up of this section and a man and his dog can clearly be seen looking up at the object.

On the altar fresco "The Crucifiction" in the church Visoki Decani Monestary (Kosovo) objects fly mindlessly in the skies, and this also includes a crew. The painting was painted in 13

Haratonohama, Hitachi, Japan ~ 1803 The book "Ume No Chiri" (Dust of Apricot) tells us that a "foreign ship and crew" was once witnessed at Haratonohama (Haratono Seashore) in Hitachi no Kuni (Ibaragi Prefecture), Japan. The outer shell was made of iron and glass ~ and strange letters were seen inside the ship. Notice also four examples of alien hieroglyphs.
aenigmaunveiled.wordpress.com...
I am no art historian so I would like to hear an explanation from those in the field,I don't not think ancient aliens built everything bigger than an ant hill on our planet but until I get a good explanation of the above I am not going to poo poo the idea of ancient contacts.
Least we dismiss too easily remember this
quote:
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Shakespeare..Hamlet.
edit on 29-10-2013 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-10-2013 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Ok, please let's not get into a heated discussion here. It was just a question I was wondering how many people believed in this show and how many didn't.

Now AbleEndangered you are getting all of your information off from one site I see. www.ufo-contact.com

When I do my research I try to find several different resources to confirm my findings.

Please everyone, Lets all get along because in reality we are all after the truth here.

Stari

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I have watched parts of the AA-Debunked video , and are amazed that someone actually went to such great length to try to debunk the series and the theory.

These guys obviously must have spent a lot of money, manpower, time, resources and effort to produce this 3 hour long video. It’s is perhaps normal to criticize any tv-series, but it’s definitely the first time i have ever seen somebody produce a three hour long (rather professional) and free video like this just to criticize a particular tv-series. It’s pretty obvious that someone feels very threatened by the rapidly increasing popularity of the series as well as the theory. Thus AA-theorist should not look upon this debunk video as something entirely bad, but rather be proud that the political correct establishment felt so threatened by the series that they had to produce a 3 hour long video for free to criticize it.

If too many starts believing in the as-theory, other theories will suffer, and certain money would eventually begin to flow in different directions than they use to do. We wouldn’t have that!

I will also take this opportunity to make some more point about the Puma Punku stones. The debunk video is trying to make a point that the stones are Red Sandstone and Andesite and that such stones can easily be carved and shaped with primitive tools.

After having studied 3D images of those stones, I would really have enjoyed watching someone trying to reproduce them with such primitive tools. Even if they are red sandstone and Andesite , it’s not that one can shape them with a simple butterknife, as the debunk video like to give us a impression of.

These stones are still a pretty damned hard and demanding material to shape, and a hammer and a chisel would never make it, and even if they did. They would never have been able to carve those stones to such perfection that these stones are , using such primitive tools.

I would really suggest people study those 3D images of these stones. It will instantly convince people that these stones are made beyond perfection. The surface are smooth like a baby’s ass and the angles and carving are done with mathematical precision. They are Miracles, even seen in the light of todays technology.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Im going out on a tractor beam saying this: Alot of things may be untrue....but the REMAINDER of the evidence? That leaves no doubt in a cumulative way that..."they are here...theyve BEEN here...and are always coming and GOING to and FROM here".

This is why there never will be a "Kumba-ya" disclosure with everyones arms entwined saying "Yep! We knew it! They are definately HERE".

Extrodinary claims require extrodinary proofs...and they are all around us. Even with ANCIENT ALIENS on tv......where even if throwing out 90% of their info "proof"...that leaves some amazing stuff behind.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Stari

Stari

Ok, please let's not get into a heated discussion here. It was just a question I was wondering how many people believed in this show and how many didn't.

Now AbleEndangered you are getting all of your information off from one site I see. www.ufo-contact.com

When I do my research I try to find several different resources to confirm my findings.

Please everyone, Lets all get along because in reality we are all after the truth here.

Stari

No sir, I only referenced the pictures in this gallery, they were beautiful:

www.ufo-contact.com.

double check my posts.

I didn't watch the videos on ufo-contact myself. I didn't have too...

Bring up ancient Aliens on the interwebz and it always gets heated!!

edit on 30-10-2013 by AbleEndangered because: addition and subtraction

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Ok AbleEndangered I am sorry if I offended you. I saw you using the link to that site like at least 3 times. So when I see that I believe that they are using information off from that site for all of their information.

Stari

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

I also believe that they (UFO's) have been here forever. The proof is out there and there is also alot of bogus things claiming to be UFO's or aliens.

That is why the research is needed and a website like this is definitely in need to help get the experts in on all of the information and figure it all out.

Stari

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join