It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC Report: Obama knew millions would lose their current insurance

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Even NBC seems to be seeing the light. It's truly sad that it takes the screams of the citizenry to elicit mere whispers of condemnation from our new organizations.

Maybe some reporters are perturbed that they received a cancellation notice even though 'Fearless Leader' claimed that "If you like what you’re getting, keep it. Nobody is forcing you to shift."

Report: Obama administration knew millions wouldn't be able to keep insurance

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Not only did he know, he along with HHS specifically wrote regulations that would further destroy the private property of Americans.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Lipton

The only way I would forgive Obama on this affordable healthcare act is if this all panned out to be a ruse to knock everyone off employer tied managed care.

I doubt that's what they are doing but if it was it'd be a very nice thing.

This whole thing is a mess and who knows what the end-game will be.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
hiya,

check this out...

weaselzippers.us...

It is interesting to note, the latest story on the page for NBC News Investigations is now a story about the U.S. killing terrorists linked to the Westgate Mall Tragedy.

i hope i did that right , u know posting stuff from the source ...

as i typed this, an edit has come up,

weaselzippers.us...
edit on 29-10-2013 by thishereguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Well I guess we all look like idiots now....

Valerie Jarrett has explained it all away in wisdom that can't be disputed !!!!

Valerie JarrettVerified account ‏@vj44

FACT: Nothing in #Obamacare forces people out of their health plans. No change is required unless insurance companies change existing plans.

Valerie's Twitter

Valerie Jarrett’s Ridiculously Awful Spin On People Losing Their Health Insurance Because of Obamacare…

Somebody forgot to tell her that ObamaCare is the one that told insurance companies to change existing plans !!!

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
A family member of mine is a chef at the Italian restaurant chain BRAVO! Cucina Italiana....He has had health insurance for the entire 4 years he has worked there...his check docked $175 a month for it.

Last week the entire staff was called to a meeting where they were told that Bravos was cancelling all of their insurance plans, and that they would all now be responsible for their own health insurance.

What else is the government going to ram down our throats whether we like it or not?

I heard on the radio tonight that some states are kicking around the idea of forcing citizens to place a device in every registered vehicle that will count every mile that the vehicle moves and then report it back to the state so that we can start paying a tax on every mile driven. Supposedly, this idea was thought up by some genius as a way of compensating for the fact that Americans are purchasing less gas, which equates to less taxes gathered via the gas tax. (I wouldn't be surprised if this little device has a gps locator in it as well either)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by PersonalChoice

It's getting so ridiculous. They are making it impossible to live and work. Eventually the whole mess will just implode on itself.

-Can't get work because your credit is messed up, can't fix credit because you can't work.
-Have a felony so you can't work, so you wind up going back to doing illegal things which gets you thrown in jail again
-Can't get job because job is too far away and don't have a car, can't get car because all of the regulations and taxes are too expensive to get and keep one
-Can't get work because you're sick, can't get healthcare because you can't afford insurance
-Went to hospital to get healthcare because you were too sick to work. Now you have a medical bill on credit bureau that keeps you from getting work.
-Can't start your own company because self-employment taxes are too high, can't get job with large corporation because they all check credit now

I could go on forever.

When you make it impossible for people to WORK you destroy the same people that were holding up the parasite class to begin with. Ayn Rand was a fin genius.

What the # are these donkey wads doing?

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

I hear you on all that. Add to that, of course, the millions upon millions and yet more millions of formerly Middle Class who got slammed in one form or another since 2007 for losing their homes, careers or both.

Bad credit.. Job issues. Car issues. many many millions facing that together and from events Uncle says were another leader's fault, not those who got squashed by events. Yet... as you note... it does nothing to change the Catch-22 it's so easy to fall into.

Heck.. I seem to be unemployable in anything conventional because at this point, I've been out of work too long, I'm told. Oh yipee... 2 years full time college means nothing, and I've been told that straight out. College isn't work ..can't help me. Arg!

So... guess how insured I am? Oh.. yeah.. in a state where the Medi- catch all programs aren't expanding (as planned by this whole concept) to catch those with no way to pay the ungodly rates of the exchanges. The only good thing a friend recently reminded me of? It's still illegal (for now) to refuse to treat someone at an Emergency room for a legitimate emergency. So at least we won't die from major trauma or some other terminal issue for lack of an insurance card.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Don't get your hopes up there wrabbit... u go to emergency care you have no insurance it's illegal not to have insurance then what's gonna happen to you? Only a matter of time

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   

PersonalChoice
A family member of mine is a chef at the Italian restaurant chain BRAVO! Cucina Italiana....He has had health insurance for the entire 4 years he has worked there...his check docked $175 a month for it.

Last week the entire staff was called to a meeting where they were told that Bravos was cancelling all of their insurance plans, and that they would all now be responsible for their own health insurance.

What else is the government going to ram down our throats whether we like it or not?

I heard on the radio tonight that some states are kicking around the idea of forcing citizens to place a device in every registered vehicle that will count every mile that the vehicle moves and then report it back to the state so that we can start paying a tax on every mile driven. Supposedly, this idea was thought up by some genius as a way of compensating for the fact that Americans are purchasing less gas, which equates to less taxes gathered via the gas tax. (I wouldn't be surprised if this little device has a gps locator in it as well either)

I remember living in southern California many years ago and we were experiencing a drought so they pushed and pushed everyone to conserve water.

Well we did and guess what the government did? Yep, they jacked up the rates because they were not getting enough revenue from water usage due to the conservation.

Beyond stupid.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Of course they knew, if its one thing a politician hates more than
punching babies its giving bad news.

I went to their website which led me to another article talking
about the 18-35 demographic should be able to get insurance for
50$ a month on the exchange. I am in that demographic
and make just barely too much to qualify for subsidy, my monthly
rate was quoted over 200$ per month for the lowest, crummiest
plan.

I mean at this point i am more worried that these incompetent
yahoos have any influence over healthcare at all.... they cant
get their price estimates right, the website cost more than
100 would combined, the cost for healthcare has already risen
by huge amounts and it has been stated it will go higher.....

You cant keep your original plan and lo and behold the new one
seems to costs way more, shocking! it really is FUBAR. No other
term that i know quantifies the amount of fail this entire thing
is.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by gnosticagnostic

u go to emergency care you have no insurance it's illegal not to have insurance then what's gonna happen to you?

What happens then? You see a fuzzy little white tail heading South...far far South..around equatorial latitudes.

If I'm to live without decent health care available, I may as well pick a nation to grow old and sick in that has warm weather and nice scenery, right?

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by OrphanApology

I hear you on all that. Add to that, of course, the millions upon millions and yet more millions of formerly Middle Class who got slammed in one form or another since 2007 for losing their homes, careers or both.

Bad credit.. Job issues. Car issues. many many millions facing that together and from events Uncle says were another leader's fault, not those who got squashed by events. Yet... as you note... it does nothing to change the Catch-22 it's so easy to fall into.

Heck.. I seem to be unemployable in anything conventional because at this point, I've been out of work too long, I'm told. Oh yipee... 2 years full time college means nothing, and I've been told that straight out. College isn't work ..can't help me. Arg!

So... guess how insured I am? Oh.. yeah.. in a state where the Medi- catch all programs aren't expanding (as planned by this whole concept) to catch those with no way to pay the ungodly rates of the exchanges. The only good thing a friend recently reminded me of? It's still illegal (for now) to refuse to treat someone at an Emergency room for a legitimate emergency. So at least we won't die from major trauma or some other terminal issue for lack of an insurance card.

It's because of the large corporation taking over America. Working for small businesses is a far different beast altogether. Now it's becoming a system where you have to work for large corporations. Ones that are anti-individual, impersonal, uncompetitive(after all, the government and all it's laws backs them up and bails them out), full of incompetent, zombie people who will all walk in line and yes'm and yessirs. They want those workers, the ones who will work for them because doing anything else would mean losing their pensions and health insurance which might literally kill them.

Long gone are the days of the small worker who can build an empire from dust from nothing more than ingenuity and a desire to work hard. Go # yourself.

I am fairly young, 28 but I am currently stuck in a catch-22. Worked for same company seven years and got fired for missing days after I had used up FMLA on parents dying. Have a credit card that charged off because both my parents died of cancer within a year of each other and running back and forth was too expensive. Got another banking job and got to last straw of the interview and they told me couldn't hire me because of credit. That caused me to lose everything, apartment, sent me into homelessness etc.

I have never stolen from anyone, never been fraudulent, never taken customer information. All that doesn't matter. I'm a fairly intelligent woman and I work very hard. It doesn't matter though.

Now I don't know what to do. Currently I am lucky enough to have a supportive girlfriend so I'm not homeless but it comes down to being a question of what the hell are people supposed to even do? All of the companies check credit around here and my line of business is banking.

Basically I can't do my field anymore. I wonder if the CEO of Lehman brothers who destroyed the whole U.S. has good credit? Bet he and the head of Bear Sterns was able to find work after it was all said and done. Maybe their savings from the # they stole from everyone kept them afloat.

When I get my website for taxes up and running again I'll let you know if you want to write articles. Right now it's morphing into a website that basically gives away tax information. I don't care when it's up and running if you want to put a donation button on your particular articles. That will give you some work experience again.

This system sucks if you get in these ridiculous ruts.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I just read this on Natural News.
Who is obuba REALLY working for?
It sure isn't the good ol' USA!

Obamacare is named the "Affordable Care Act," after all, and the President promised the rates would be "as low as a phone bill." But I just received a confirmed letter from a friend in Texas showing a 539% rate increase on an existing policy that's been in good standing for years.
As the letter reveals (see below), the cost for this couple's policy under Humana is increasing from $212.10 per month to $1,356.60 per month. This is for a couple in good health whose combined income is less than $70K -- a middle-class family, in other words.

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by bjax9er

ABSOLUTELY INDEED.

It's long been a goal of doing just that . . . the oligarchy wants to reduce the serfs and slaves to a fraction of the land footprint they now have . . . all this Draconian horror pile is just the hint of the beginning of what's slated.

They truly see individuals as objects to be moved around on their chess board at will; on their whim; 6.8 billion to be exterminated just because they think the world would be better off that way.

and . . . to return the bulk of the land to a Natural Park state as their playground.

What sweet Morlach's they are.

These are the blokes who've planned this for a very long time . . . at least since George Washington . . .

twoday.net...

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Valerie from hell knows full well what the scheme was DESIGNED to do.

She's O's boss/agent of the puppet masters above him, by all account.

She's also evidently giving Hillery a run for Hillery's money as the meanest evil b in the White House ever.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yep! That's the flaw in the program. In addition to all of those folks that didn't have insurance before the new laws and went to the emergency rooms for care, now there will be even more people going that route as they can't afford the rates of the MUST HAVE insurance. So potentially, another noose around the neck of the lower classes as they are automatically made criminals because of the new laws. What to do?

I suspect from those numbers is where Obama is going to get the civilian army that he has talked about. Something like the old CCC of the 1930s only with a very strong ideological bent. You ready to join the army of Change, comrade? We've got the leader and the logo already and the plan is coming along nicely.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Lipton

I'm not sure what's more shocking... The Fact Obama lied to the American People or the fact NBC actually ran the story discussing it.

Hopefully this will be the final nail in the impeachment coffin for Obama.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Xcathdra
reply to post by Lipton

I'm not sure what's more shocking... The Fact Obama lied to the American People or the fact NBC actually ran the story discussing it.

Hopefully this will be the final nail in the impeachment coffin for Obama.

X,

I don't get it.

How many lies does it take for people to actually wake up?

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the whole picture, just the ability to not BS oneself, or hold steadfast to a partisanship, like a child with a comfort blanket.

Obamacare was 100% written by a former health industry CEO.

Here's a thread I posted on the topic a week, or so ago.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Follow the money trail, I always say.

Peace,

RT
edit on 29-10-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

How many lies does it take for people to actually wake up?

The people wont wake up, you can tell em till youre blue in the face and this is how they will react:

top topics

<<   2 >>

join