It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a Biggie if true!! CIA did in DEA agent not drug cartel!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+36 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
www.borderlandbeat.com...

WASHINGTON (Proceso)(apro).-- Three former U.S. federal agents decided to end a 28-year silence and simultaneously entrusted this journal and the U.S. Fox news services with an information "bomb": Enrique Kiki Camarena was not murdered by Rafael Caro Quintero -- the capo that served a sentence for that crime -- but by an agent of the CIA. The reason: the DEA agent discovered that his own government was collaborating with the Mexican narco in his illegal business.

In interviews with Proceso, Phil Jordan, former director of the El Paso Intelligence Center (EPIC); Hector Berrellez, former DEA agent, and Tosh Plumlee, a former CIA pilot, claim that they have evidence that the U.S. government itself ordered the murder of Kiki Camarena in 1985. In addition, they point to a sinister Cuban character, Felix Ismael Rodriguez, as the murderer.

I hate stories like this.. There have been continuous rumors of CIA and DEA drug running for many years with headline news articles that just seem to fade away. Everything from DEA charter aircraft with 4 tons of coke crashing to agents testifying who did what, where and when... If this story is true nothing can justify this, nothing!
edit on 10/29/2013 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Good find!

I think most people realize that this stuff has been going on for a while although it's rare to have people from the agencies involved come forward with the evidence.

Just wait until they get to setting the record straight on JFK...

+24 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Well obviously the drug war is just a front for drug running.

Anytime a law is passed or action taken and it fails to accomplish it's stated purpose that means it is accomplishing it's unstated purpose.

War on Drugs
War on Poverty
Operation Iraqi Freedom
Great New Society
The New Deal

The list goes on and on. Laws almost never accomplish the stated goal, but that's because the true goal is that which is unstated.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Another troubling development is now the kidnaping and threats to news services in Mexico.
Even the new President has stopped using certain language.
"Organized crime" and "Drug trafficking" become taboo words in Mexican Media under Peña Nieto´s presidency.

Words like “organized crime” and “drug trafficking” have vanished from the Federal District´s media and the news reports in open television. This is happening despite the number of murders remains at about 1000 a month. The observatory of Media Accords (Observatorio de Acuerdo de Medios) believes this is because the new government has stopped talking about the “war on drugs”, a term used as mantra by former president Felipe Calderon Hinojosa, and the fact that the new administration has stopped the exhibition of detainees along with their weapons and drugs.

Another reason is that some media outlets have stopped talking about the issue forced by threats. Saltillo´s Zocalo newspaper announced in March that they would stop covering drug related news in order to protect their employees lives. A few weeks later, Jaime Gonzalez, the director of a news site in Ojinaga, a small town south of the US border, was shot and killed. “This is most likely our last post” ended the post with which the website announced the death of their coordinator.

I feel so sorry for the population... The Mexican lady who cuts my hair told me today when things get bad in a city for some reason none of the phone connections work until things are back under control...?? I have never heard that before and still find it hard to believe but I do know when the federals move into a City the druggies have radios and cell phone lookouts that pin point their location better than a drones GPS . So there might be something to her info?

I know we (U.S.) have DEA all over Mexico assisting government forces trying to ward off the effects of a narco state.. It would appear on many fronts everything is not what most of us in the states hear from MSM.

and people wonder why many of the border state populace say "from my cold dead hands" when talk of disarming them hits the news.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

The cartels have billion dollar budgets to work with and near unlimited, loyal to the death manpower to draw upon. Those are both things the Mexican Central government could only hope to have in the same way.

Then you have the last Mexican President who discovered his own personal daily schedule was being sent to the cartels from his own inner circle. I imagine being President down there isn't half the good time it is up here. I really feel for Mexico. It's an absolute civil war down there, even if it isn't politically correct to use the term. The casualty rate and heavy weapons sometimes used qualify as a war in every way I can see though.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Not only have the chickens come home to roost.

If a shred of this is true.....I'm sure nobody will remember.

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

727Sky
I know we (U.S.) have DEA all over Mexico assisting government forces trying to ward off the effects of a narco state.. It would appear on many fronts everything is not what most of us in the states hear from MSM.

You also have a US Special Forces trained "drug cartel" down here gaining territory and known as the most violent of all the cartels. With their US drug war advisors targeting specific areas and operations and removing a local drug lord this gang would move into the area and attempt to usurp their territory while the local structure was weakened, operating like an "intelligence" agency they would foment discord between surviving lieutenants and initiate violence to make their way in.

I don't care to say which cartel this is that appears to have ties to US intelligence agencies because I live down here and all appears to be relatively quiet this year with the new Mexican administration. I seriously doubt the violence now even approaches previous levels. Even if the news organizations are being quiet we would still be seeing and hearing about any current flare-ups, but that does not appear to be the case. Any incidents now have become only sporadic.

The Drug War is losing its momentum and US agencies are scrambling to find other ways to fund their black operations. What we do hear about in the news down here now is talk of legalizing medical cannabis in Mexico, industrial hemp production in the country, and possibility of legalizing recreational use and personal cultivation in Mexico City. Much of the rest of the world seems to be considering those same things now. People are deciding the "cure" was much worse than the disease. The US came to the same conclusion with Alcohol Prohibition, however the US federal government seems to have more at stake in the drug trade and are reluctant to give it up despite 40% of the US States and the District of Columbia relaxing their restrictions now.

edit on 28-10-2013 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by 727Sky

The cartels have billion dollar budgets to work with and near unlimited, loyal to the death manpower to draw upon. Those are both things the Mexican Central government could only hope to have in the same way.

Then you have the last Mexican President who discovered his own personal daily schedule was being sent to the cartels from his own inner circle. I imagine being President down there isn't half the good time it is up here. I really feel for Mexico. It's an absolute civil war down there, even if it isn't politically correct to use the term. The casualty rate and heavy weapons sometimes used qualify as a war in every way I can see though.

Oh, please.... Don't believe everything you read in the US newspapers or see on TV.

I have been living here since before Calderón ever got elected and started his Drug War. I live in his home town of Morelia where all this first broke out. He had a deal worked out with US Drug War 'advisors' and that all blew up in his face, not to mention back-door shenanigans like Fast and Furious. The new administration is wise to all that and the ground rules have changed about just how much "help" is being accepted from our northern neighbor now.

I don't blame you though. Felipe Calderón didn't have a clue either when that all started. He is a much wiser man today, and so is his successor.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

It wouldn't surprise me one bit. I feel that the three letter agencies, and the politicians (including the POTUS) are some of the most corrupt, shady people that ever roamed the earth. America has "settled", like silt does on the ocean bottom. Everything is so well dug in, with routines, that it makes it a well oiled corruption machine.

I love America, the constitution, just not the people who's supposedly voted in to uphold it all.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

Blame me for what? I'm missing what disagreement there is here? I simply said Calderon was being watched and tracked by the Cartels. It would have been foolish to ever think he wasn't, and it's a basic move for the Cartel's survival. I just thought it rather interesting that it had come out some time back that he'd had his personal schedules compromised at such a close level.

Still.. not surprising..

Brutal murders, beheadings, and assaults on police and the media punctuate news reports from Mexico on a near daily basis — that is, the reports that make it to the U.S. While the common perception is that insecurity is high, official accounts downplay the extent and impact of the violence. Indeed, many media outlets still quote a death toll of 60,000 to 70,000 since the drug war began in 2006. This is both inaccurate and disingenuous. Researcher Molly Molloy suggests that a more realistic estimate is more than 130,000 deaths. As a result, she calls the murder victims who have disappeared from the official government tallies the “Mexican Undead.” In 2012, the National Institute of Statistics and Geography (INEGI) reported that the Mexican murder rate tripled during Calderón’s term. The government’s response was to stop reporting drug violence statistics.
Source

After all... That's a war by any measure I can possibly imagine. 60,000-70,000 on the low estimate and over 100,000 dead on the high side? Actually..literal wars have been fought with fewer lost in combined totals. Hopefully things improve down there.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

On Wednesday, Interior Minister Miguel Angel Osorio Chong said 1,101 people were killed in March. That brings the official total under the Peña Nieto administration, which began in December, to 4,249, or roughly 35 a day, and close to the rate during the last year of the administration of President Felipe Calderon.

Osorio Chong compared the December to March period of this government to the same period of Calderon's government last year to argue that killings were down by about 17%.

"It is very early to take on triumphal attitudes," he said. "We have asked the media ... to change the narrative with respect to numbers and figures ... and with the participation of everyone we can achieve everyone's objective, a Mexico in peace."

Because governments have been reluctant to release homicide statistics — Calderon's administration deliberately concealed them — the Mexican public has relied largely on counts by national newspapers.

some report the Zetas are now the largest..www.borderlandbeat.com... They have always been the worse of the worse.

I remember when Kiki was captured and killed; they even made a movie about his capture and torture. I wish justice would be served but I doubt it will be.. This game has been going on a long time with no sign of abatement. Drugs are cheaper and more plentiful from what I hear/read and the Cartels dictate to government officials and news agencies in many instances; play their game or you and your family die.

I have done other threads on how the Cartels are moving into high crime spots like Chicago. Not many were interested it would appear from the lack of responses... Nothing threatens more people in America than letting the Cartels and their way of doing business into our cities IMO.

They just busted 3 dozen in Austin, Tx. www.borderlandbeat.com... Typical type operation with an auto body shop.

In a press conference Thursday morning, U.S. Attorney Robert Pitman hailed the efforts of the multi-agency task forces that brought the organizations down, saying collaboration played a strong part in dismantling the illicit activities.

Authorities have seized more than 75 kilos of meth, 10 kilos of coc aine and two kilos of heroin through the course of the investigation at JT Body and Paint. More than 20 people were arrested Wednesday, including the owner. Four have not been detained, officials said.
Greg Thrash, resident agent in charge of the Austin DEA office, said the group was a cell of the Mexican drug cartel Knights Templar and that members were taking orders from bosses in Mexico.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000

I simply said Calderon was being watched and tracked by the Cartels. It would have been foolish to ever think he wasn't, and it's a basic move for the Cartel's survival. I just thought it rather interesting that it had come out some time back that he'd had his personal schedules compromised at such a close level.

A much closer level than you think, apparently. Our foreign advisors brought along their own cartel plus had a sweetheart relationship with another one down here. Everything going on from 2007-2012 was compromised at its source. Calderón's complicity in this was giving his OK to let it all happen. He opened the door for the letter agencies to come down here and play their games.

Brutal murders, beheadings, and assaults on police and the media punctuate news reports from Mexico on a near daily basis — that is, the reports that make it to the U.S. While the common perception is that insecurity is high, official accounts downplay the extent and impact of the violence. Indeed, many media outlets still quote a death toll of 60,000 to 70,000 since the drug war began in 2006. This is both inaccurate and disingenuous. Researcher Molly Molloy suggests that a more realistic estimate is more than 130,000 deaths. As a result, she calls the murder victims who have disappeared from the official government tallies the “Mexican Undead.” In 2012, the National Institute of Statistics and Geography (INEGI) reported that the Mexican murder rate tripled during Calderón’s term. The government’s response was to stop reporting drug violence statistics.
Source

After all... That's a war by any measure I can possibly imagine. 60,000-70,000 on the low estimate and over 100,000 dead on the high side? Actually..literal wars have been fought with fewer lost in combined totals. Hopefully things improve down there.

That is perhaps correct for the years leading up through 2012. Blame it on the "Mayan Prophesies" or the new administration but 2013 has been much quieter. There has been no news blackout. We still hear about some incidents occurring here and there, but they are becoming increasingly rare. Basically it was a matter of telling our foreign Drug War advisors that playtime is over and it is time to go home.

If by chance this year-long lull actually does have everything to do with a news blackout and failing to report statistics then it is working like a champ. Those gangs don't even know to raise ruckus anymore. After 6 years of wild times of shootouts, carnage, violence, and destruction there are bound to be some smoldering cinders here and there but it is now nothing like what we had been seeing in those years. If there is still a war going on then we forgot to tell the soldiers and drug warriors. None of them are showing up for work.

The international drug trade got its foothold a few centuries ago in the opium trade with China. New fortunes were made in those days, a new elite sprang up. Those people didn't just decide to quit peddling drugs, they found others to do their legwork for them. Who are the REAL drug Lords these days? Same answer as you get with our ruling elite - they are not the ones you see and hear about in the news - in many cases they are one in the same. They are the ones keeping this black market operating and prices for these otherwise worthless substances astronomically inflated. They stage the war and collect from both sides of it. It is not what it all appears to be. The good guys are the bad guys and the bad guys are cogs in the machine.

IT'S A SCAM!

Mm'kay?

edit on 29-10-2013 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   

What you say makes much sense.

I still think that perhaps the game has been tightened up. There is no reason to believe that any enforcement activities have stemmed the flow. What is more likely, is that power has been consolidated and streamlined. Whether or not intelligence agencies are responsible is hard to say. It can be said they have aided, but maybe they simply trained the monster and its gotten out of control.

The one thing that is certain, its that drugs are never going away. A war on drugs? We might as well wage war against the moon, only because its there, and taunting us every day.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   

mm'kay...? Hmmm... Sounds like the Cartels have taken complete control now and have full ownership of a President, instead of just having a heavy leash like the last one. Whatever slows the killing down, it's a good thing. Funny thing is? After really hunting around ...I see all kinds of sunshine and happy stories about lower crime rates..lower murder rates and a seeming end to the war that originally killed the Agent this thread is about.

Yet... I don't see numbers ..pretty much anywhere..beyond 2012. Of course, some of those are saying only 800 murders in Juarez for that year was a sign of peace returning. We do live in radically different nations. Close on a map...worlds apart in most other ways..and so unfortunate too. The Mexican people are great and I once enjoyed going South when I was in the border zone for trucking, anyway. Juarez itself was a half way decent place to be... Now? Well.. a million dollars wouldn't get my big toe over that border or will for many years after the shooting is really over down there.

Have a good night tho.. We're all entitled to our opinions and interpretation of events. Mileage most definitely varies on that sometimes. On some topics, it always will.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

I really appreciate the thread and the heads up on this one. Yes.. What happened to Kiki was a tragedy and I definitely recall it too. Even as a kid, it resonated at the time and was a horrible enough crime, for those times, to have been shocking.

True too on the Zetas. Oh what a success story that turned out to be, eh? Trained, armed and equipped by the U.S. as special forces for the Mexican side ...then they decide as a group to go work for the Cartels..then hey, why work for them? Make one! (sigh) ...

What was it the road to a real hot place is paved with? (notices a recent heat wave....), and of course, that's the best interpretation!

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Our government needs money, and one way of getting it for black projects is from criminal enterprises. Off the book and no oversight to worry about. Drugs have enough value to make the effort worthwhile and our government also has the ability to control how easy or not they are to get here. They are turning up the pressure now, must be planning more deals... The NSA needs more money...

edit on 29-10-2013 by Dav1d because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
mm'kay...? Hmmm... Sounds like the Cartels have taken complete control now and have full ownership of a President, instead of just having a heavy leash like the last one. Whatever slows the killing down, it's a good thing.

Yet... I don't see numbers ..pretty much anywhere..beyond 2012. Of course, some of those are saying only 800 murders in Juarez for that year was a sign of peace returning. We do live in radically different nations. Close on a map...worlds apart in most other ways.

You think those "Cartels" run the government? Which ones? They know their place and as long as they stay to their own plazas things can stay happy. We had 6 years when they were being dislodged trying to make room for the new kids on the block, you know, the ones with the connections with the power-players up north, the ones that pay their dues to the preferred union. How is all that so different from the Mena, Arkansas sweethearts George HW Bush and Bill Clinton? You think they called him "Poppy" because he was "Dubya's" Dad. How are those fields in Afghanistan doing? The ones you had to go into and kick out the Taliban to get the crops restarted again. The stats I read say that is THE center of global heroin production and trade.

It is a different world down here, alright. We have more autonomy, privacy, and security in our homes from police invasion. You guys are the biggest drug-consuming nation on the planet. Is Mexico your only supplier? I think not. Part of the danger here is your agencies killing each other on Mexican soil - in order to keep a loose lid on those agencies' drug peddling... Sweet.

IT'S A SCAM! The Drug War is about making money. I would think the Mexican people are just very enterprising, but we don't have private prisons with quotas and judges that make sure they are filled. That is enterprising! You have the most incarcerated nation on the planet also. And I'm sure they are all in there for very good reasons too.

I would think maybe your Corrections and Justice system has taken over complete control of your country. But there are many competing interests there that are just as insidious.

Sleep well.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000

True too on the Zetas. Oh what a success story that turned out to be, eh? Trained, armed and equipped by the U.S. as special forces for the Mexican side ...then they decide as a group to go work for the Cartels..then hey, why work for them? Make one! (sigh) ...

You think they got their sweetheart deals and intelligence scoops because they were a rogue outfit working for themselves? Think again.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Didn't they make a movie about this? Air America was a great movie...we did this nonsense nearly 50 years ago...

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Dav1d

This is should be a big deal - but, who's going to investigate? The dept. of injustince, eric holder? He of infamous fame with the first criminal clinton in office - who gave immunity to the biggest tax evader in history, Marc Rich? The same eric holder who denies fast and furious, but threatens whistle blowers?

Who's lined up to be the next prez? the other clinton criminal hillary? of - "what does it matter now - they're dead" Benghazi cover-up for gunrunning and smuggling weapons to terrorists muslim brotherhood followers to keep the "arab spring" debacle ongoing?

Remember the sex with prostitutes scandal with the SS men supposedly in charge of gaurding the prez obozo in Columbia when the "summit of the americas" was happening?

The story the rest of the world was reporting was far different than what we were told by the MSM in america.

The real reason for the trumped up scandal, was so the stupid americans wouldn't hear that the rest of the central and souther american nations wanted to legalize illicit drugs to counter the drug cartel's holocaust of the civilians in their countries - and that next time they have a "summit", Cuba would be invited, or else there would be no summit.

The elites in the USA are the criminals of the world, including soros - They are destroying america with every breath they take, and stealing money from the legal americans as fast as they can stuff it in their pockets.

Dumping a lot of "poor" mexicans on the less than half of the legal americans that are still paying taxes, and not grazing off the "gov't" - and throwing loads of vicious criminal cartel members on the american public to kill them off -----

People need to wake up and see what these vermin are doing to our country.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join