It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STS-114 UFO Video

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Is this an artifact?

Since it can't be aliens...'cos there are no aliens...and certainly if there were...they would never ever ever be able to reach us...even though 'we' are toying with concept of warp drives...aliens surely haven't yet stumbled on this concept...

because of all this...it's probably a demon or a Jinn or even Satan himself...doing his usual rounds.

Also...could be Santa.

DEBUNKED...booyakasha !!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

You have to take into account the whole perspective of the screen . First, the object is moving at an angle away from the camera. That is apparent because it's brightness gets less as it moves. However, it shows no tumbling motion to be expected with a nearby ice chip. That it does change drastically direction is clearly evident and cannot be disputed. Even what's-his-name didn't take issue with that point. It may not stop or even slow, but it clearly changes direction to some extent. At the 20-second mark there is a faint object that appears from the lower left and moves across to the upper right.

Perhaps the second object was an intended interceptor of the first object which caused it to change its former path. We've seen this type of interaction before. But without better data about all aspects, we can argue forever about what has transpired in the video. --Why are so many of these vids of such lousy quality?

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Here's a Gif of the object sped up to show the ark of the turn it makes .
www.thelivingmoon.com...

And an investigation of the object entitled A "Wolf" Among The "Sheep"? by Jeff Challender .

Is it another bit of ice or space junk being turned from it's path by an RCS jet firing? Unknown for certain at this time. We don't know distance from the camera for this object, because in space there is no frame of reference for estimating such things. Therefore, it's impossible to tell the size of the anomaly. We CAN see that it appears to get smaller as it progresses. It does seem reasonable, to speculate that it's a bit far off to be diverted so smoothly by a control jet. In addition we do not see the corresponding flash of light associated with these firings at night. These flashes are often seen even in daylight as well. Another salient point is that IF there were a jet firing, WHY is it that NONE of the other objects are affected?
www.greatdreams.com...

edit on 29-10-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Jeff was a sweet fanatic with one hobby in his tragically circumscribed medical situation. His powerful mind easily imagined fill-in-the-gaps fantasies for his utterly sincere cluelessness. This passage has numerous examples. Compare his imaginative but baseless assertions with the explications I tried to enunciate in my "99 FAQs".

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

gortex

I remember seeing this footage a few years ago and being blown away by it , it ticks all the boxes but I'm sure there's probably a rational explanation for it ...unless there isn't

You know, the usual: Chinese lantern, firefly, reflection off of an atmospheric inversion, swamp gas, yada yada..

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by nrthstar

this video reminds me why I come to this website. Thanks! S & F

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Optical Illusion. The RCS vernier thrusters fired fore & aft changing the trajectory of the shuttle thus it looked like this space debris was changing direction from the Pov of the camera.

Case closed.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSZOMBIE

Where did you come up with that? I could have missed it, but do you have ANYTHING at all to bring to the table that would make your guess a little more credible...? Anything at all. I would say that if what you said is indeed true, then all of the stars in the background would have moved also....
edit on 29-10-2013 by jeenyus2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

ATSZOMBIE
Optical Illusion. The RCS vernier thrusters fired fore & aft changing the trajectory of the shuttle thus it looked like this space debris was changing direction from the Pov of the camera.

Case closed.

If this was true then why dont we see any movement of the shuttle?
There is movement but not for 12 seconds after the ufo makes its turn.
Also if this were true then everything in the frame would turn, would'nt it? The only change in trajectory is the ufo's
edit on 29/10/13 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

JimOberg
Compare his imaginative but baseless assertions with the explications I tried to enunciate in my "99 FAQs".

I always recommend your 99 FAQs and your website in general. It's a valuable resource and sometimes impressive body of work. Also quite "imaginative" itself at times, however, ahem.

Imo, it's also an example of how low mainstream science sets the bar hoping for the "safe bet."

So, I'm never shocked when science is---time and time again. Like the previously-thought 'impossible' lifeforms at the deep sea vents.

Life has traditionally been seen as driven by energy from the sun, but deep-sea organisms have no access to sunlight, so they must depend on nutrients found in the dusty chemical deposits and hydrothermal fluids in which they live. Previously, benthic oceanographers assumed that vent organisms were dependent on marine snow, as deep-sea organisms are...

…The water from the hydrothermal vent is rich in dissolved minerals and supports a large population of chemoautotrophic bacteria. These bacteria use sulfur compounds, particularly hydrogen sulfide, a chemical highly toxic to most known organisms, to produce organic material through the process of chemosynthesis.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 29-10-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Its a longitudinal turn in the Z axis thus making the piece of space junk appear to move when its not, since its actually a lot closer to the shuttle it appears to be zooming small when its the shuttle moving away from it.

SecretKnowledge

ATSZOMBIE

Case closed.

Also if this were true then everything in the frame would turn, would'nt it? The only change in trajectory is the ufo's

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

ATSZOMBIE
Its a longitudinal turn in the Z axis thus making the piece of space junk appear to move when its not, since its actually a lot closer to the shuttle it appears to be zooming small when its the shuttle moving away from it.

Wouldn't the jets then move out of the position necessary to affect movement? Your "case closed" theory seems to be starting to contradict itself...and change.

Is your neck okay? All o' them complicated twists and turns could cause intellectual whiplash!

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Dr Bruce Maccabee in a correspondence dated 5 Dec 2005 seems to think it's an ice particle so I guess it could be Aliens after all

As I suspected, there's enough atmosphere at the altitude the >shuttle was flying to explain the object's motion if it is >assumed that it was just close enough to the camera to be in >focus. The object originally was moving "against the wind" and >could have been a small ice particle blown back in the opposite >direction - moving with the wind. The object would have had to >be smaller than the camera's resolution, but not unreasonably so >considering it was illuminated by sunlight and the camera was >set for low light levels.
ufoupdateslist.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

gortex
Dr Bruce Maccabee in a correspondence dated 5 Dec 2005 seems to think it's an ice particle so I guess it could be Aliens after all

True that! If Maccabee backs a theory, pro or con, I'm automatically put on guard!

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

ATSZOMBIE

SecretKnowledge

ATSZOMBIE

Case closed.

So i ask again, if your theory is correct would'nt everything in the picture be moving?
if the shuttle is moving as you claim why is it only the "ice" particle seems to move? Why dont the stars move? Are you now going to claim they are moving in sync with the shuttle?
And as for your case closed comment, i just realised i think your having a laugh. Are'nt you?

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

In regards to the video in your OP; I have seen on numerous occasions (with friends & family) similar looking objects in the sky at night (critters as some call them). I can identify a lot of things (planes, helicopters, satellites, etc..) based on altitude. The way that these things move, stop, and change directions is unexplainable. Not to mention the altitude they fly at is a lot higher than commercial craft, if not outside our atmosphere. Every time I have watched these "critters" they always seem to, at some point, travel away from Earth (Which is why they seem to fade quickly). I have no solid answer, but I have always looked at space as just another element. Just like fish live in the ocean, I believe that there are organisms in space that can thrive (who knows? they could thrive on solar radiation).. Intelligent or not. Sadly, I don't believe we will find closure anytime soon.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Since the shuttle is flying upside down, Earth appears at the top of the picture and space is below, and the glow of the atmosphere outlines the horizon.

So Earth is at the top of frame....
This means the ufo is flying towards Earth, turns, and is then flying away at an upward angle.
So it entered our atmosphere, decided we were'nt worth it and scuttled off to the next planet?
edit on 29/10/13 by SecretKnowledge because: Grammar, to keep the grammar nazi's happy....

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Thanks for pointing that out! It definitely fits into my last post with seeing objects like that, and then the objects zipping off to other areas. Just a thought, but what if 'they' were coming here,and taking small portions of our Ozone because their planet lacks it. ??? Hmmm.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jeenyus2008

If that were the case then i'd imagine they'd have gi-normus vaccum hoovers or similar.
Doing it 1 at a time in a small ship would take forever

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

No doubt, seems as though we have ruled out something terrestrial. My best three guesses would be: 1) ET craft (But have no explanation as to why they seem to change direction so often) 2) Organisms that have intelligence/no intelligence 3) Highly charged particles.

I have a History channel DVD series at home about Space. I remember a guy that was assigned to designing what a alien would look like if it lived on a gas planet. What he came up with was a organism that looked like a hot air balloon.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join