It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STS-114 UFO Video

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
on flight STS-114 August 6th 2005, a ufo passed by the right side of the shuttle.
As the object flies into the distance it then begins to change course to a full right turn and eventually disappears off the right side of screen

No ice i know of can stop for a couple of seconds AND then make a right turn...
edit on 28/10/13 by SecretKnowledge because: posting video....grrrrrrrr

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

I remember seeing this footage a few years ago and being blown away by it , it ticks all the boxes but I'm sure there's probably a rational explanation for it ...unless there isn't

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Rational explanation: Intelligently controlled object either by extraterrestrials or humans and would be denied to exist if asked about.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

i hear ya but the fact that it stops for at least 2 seconds before making a right turn, that right there has me baffled. The stopping. im hoping someone can give us a perfectly rational explanation for this.

above posted just before i finished typing...re: rational explanation

edit on 28/10/13 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Who took the video? How do we know it shows the Space Shuttle? And lots of the "stars" are changing brightness, as well as lots of clutter and other moving things. So, I don't even know if this is of the sky, let alone any objects in the sky. Possible hoax, unless the people who took the vid are reliable (the headline makes it sound as if the vid was taken from inside the shuttle, which it doesn't seem to be). The vid held my interest though, so am honestly interested in its background.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

above posted just before i finished typing...re: rational explanation

It's an explanation not sure how rational it is though

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Aleister

Who took the video? How do we know it shows the Space Shuttle? And lots of the "stars" are changing brightness, as well as lots of clutter and other moving things. So, I don't even know if this is of the sky, let alone any objects in the sky. Possible hoax, unless the people who took the vid are reliable (the headline makes it sound as if the vid was taken from inside the shuttle, which it doesn't seem to be). The vid held my interest though, so am honestly interested in its background.

Stars glitter and shimmer as far as i know, so thats why they are changing brightness. i dont know what "clutter" you're talking about, and the other moving thing im presuming is a satellite.
As for the source, i dont know where it came from, but it does have a youtube icon on it

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

The backstory on this would be important, as well as the data on who took it and what he/she was actually looking at. Does anyone recognize the light signature of a Space Shuttle in the vid? Thanks for posting it though, and if by some chance it is real it is, of course, very interesting and looks like something out of the "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" movie.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I like, "space critter." Maybe even of superior intelligence.

Oberg could cough out some sort of iffy explanation I'm sure, and he might be right.

But the more I look at the issue, the more I am leaning toward some sort of lifeform somehow connected to the electromagnetic range with the ability to be self-illuminating...or virtually "invisible' and winking in and out of our perceptive range at will.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

i get that the back story would be good alright, but to be honest with you, i wouldnt know where to look for said information. Actually im off to try find something...

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Found this at ufocasebook

Orbit: 174 Met 010 23 11 Mission Elapsed Time: 10 days, 23 hours, 11 minutes. Pre dawn Pacific - Between Hawaii and U.S. Camera's on Shuttle aimed at the ocean as several lights fly around with one object coming to a stop and reversing direction. At the beginning of the tape, you will see a graphic that shows the shuttle halfway between Hawaii and California - in the dark - and approaching orbital sunrise. The next scene shows the camera looking down at the Pacific and it should be all dark... but it isn't! There are lights all over the place. Since the shuttle is flying upside down, Earth appears at the top of the picture and space is below, and the glow of the atmosphere outlines the horizon. (Ships at sea CANNOT be seen from space). Some lights are flashing and some are steady. (Stars in space do NOT twinkle!) After a while, an object near the left edge will light up and start moving across the screen to the right following the curvature of the Earth. When it is no longer visible in the atmosphere, watch the RIGHT edge of the screen as a brilliant object comes quickly on screen, going from right to left but slowing down as it goes (which is impossible for an inanimate object to do in space). Near the left edge, it comes to a complete stop, as two other objects fly across the screen, and then, it makes a 180 degree turnaround and flies BACK across the screen to the right, at which time the cameraman in Houston wakes up and begins to move the camera away from the objects, as shuttle enters sunrise and the screen brightens up with the glare of the sun on the lens and the clouds below, and he gives up and closes the iris, and shifts to a different camera, with the graphic again, showing the shuttle to be on the edge of sunrise. According to Newton's Laws of Motion, an object set into motion in the vacuum of space will continue forever in the same course, unless acted upon by an outside force. In gravity free space, and in the absence of wind resistance, there is nothing to exert an opposite force against that self-illuminated, and self-propelled object, proving that it is a genuine UFO!! Thank you to Dr. Oren Swearingen for sending along the footage.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

The GUT

Oberg could cough out some sort of iffy explanation I'm sure, and he might be right.

But the more I look at the issue, the more I am leaning toward some sort of lifeform somehow connected to the electromagnetic range with the ability to be self-illuminating...or virtually "invisible' and winking in and out of our perceptive range at will.

Hey there TG.
Lately i have been believing a lot more in the critter idea. it would explain the illumination, change of direction, and as you state, winking in and out of our perspective range. i believe they are to be found in the upper atmosphere, as in this video. i do not think they are orbs that we can see from ground level.
A lot more study needs to be done on this idea.
And yes, im sure mr oberg will offer up an explanation and sure as s*** he may just be right

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

SecretKnowledge

No ice i know of can stop for a couple of seconds AND then make a right turn...
edit on 28/10/13 by SecretKnowledge because: posting video....grrrrrrrr

Ahhhh then I guess you've never head of "stop for a few seconds the turn right ice".... Very normal, happens all the time, nothing to see here folks...

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
A further question would be, how come those pesky UFO-ies always keep changing their minds? I mean, they must have filed a flight plan or something, right? Well, stick to it already! Can't have all these whatevers just moseying around all over the place, going every which way, like they've got all the space in the universe or whatever...

On the other hand, maybe it's good if they can't decide on a course of action. If they could, they probably would have wiped us off the map a long time ago.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Interesting video. Notice the "space junk" at approx 1:06 in the middle of the screen?

Oops. S&f

edit on 28-10-2013 by nrthstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

SecretKnowledge
reply to post by gortex

i hear ya but the fact that it stops for at least 2 seconds before making a right turn, that right there has me baffled. The stopping. im hoping someone can give us a perfectly rational explanation for this.

There is also no perceptical reason to believe that it stopped in motion either.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Long time since I've seen this one.

What I see are two objects. FRom lower right to upper left--- then horizontally across the right.

But the very interesting one is the second object, more feinter--- it appears from the left and moves horizontally across to the middle of the frame... Yet as it passes a star, a long line of lightning appears underneath it.

Is this an artifact?

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

The GUT

Not off the top of my head. It looks like a long sweeping curve of increasing distance from the camera, and I've watched it twice and I just see the horizontal motion come to a slow stop and then reverse -- it's just a very low angular rate that far away, not a dead stop for a non-zero interval. But for something to have maintained a fairly constant directional acceleration over such a long period is unusual and doesn't seem to easily fit the effluent flows from water and air dumps or thruster firings.

There have been suggestions that gentle curving may be an effect of molecules popping off on the sunlit side of a spin stabilized snowflake, but I've never seen the numbers that backed up that theoretical effect.

Worth tracking back, thanks for the update on date/time.

The author is not only clueless about some fundamentals, he is mis-clued with false information.

Sure you can see ships from orbit, espwcially the ones all lit up to attract cuttlefish.

"The next scene shows the camera looking down at the Pacific and it should be all dark... but it isn't!"

Why should it be dark if the sun is already rising? Why can't the space around the shuttle be bathed in bright sunlight?

That's one key issue of this scene. Is it day or night in orbit?

edit on 28-10-2013 by JimOberg because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   
woah there nelly...now that's some funky piece of ice debris...movin' and groovin'

I think the invention of new natural phenomenon is in order. For the record, Bokeh is already taken...

Too bad camera didn't rotate in this one...

Looking forward to "expert" opinions...

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
more proof Nasa lies

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join