It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could we get polls?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I would love to see polls!

And to keep polls from starting world war 3.. I'd recommend that only a moderstor could start one...so no member religions or society membership could be attacked...and no comments...just poll numbers...

I'd love to see polls on popular issues such as Roswell..real or disinfo...illuminati..real or disinfo..maybe have request for polls made to this forum..

I personally would love to see "the pulse" taken.

Comments?

KPB

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by KellyPrettyBear

Last I knew...they are not allowed here I thought. In the T's & C's below Im sure....

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

KellyPrettyBear

And to keep polls from starting world war 3.. I'd recommend that only a moderstor could start one...so no member religions or society membership could be attacked...and no comments...just poll numbers...

I'd love to see polls on popular issues such as Roswell..real or disinfo...illuminati..real or disinfo..maybe have request for polls made to this forum..

Comments?

KPB

So far as I am aware, there are no rules here at ATS that prohibit posing questions to the membership in threads devoted to a single subject. It isn't exactly polling but in a way, it is even better because it allows respondents to detail their positions beyond simple click-check replies.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
A loooong time ago I posted at a forum that had polling options.
People could start threads with polls in them that automatically calculated the polls.
it was fun. We had tons of polls about all sorts of things.
There was a special 'poll' forum too ....

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

redoubt

KellyPrettyBear

Comments?

KPB

So far as I am aware, there are no rules here at ATS that prohibit posing questions to the membership in threads devoted to a single subject. It isn't exactly polling but in a way, it is even better because it allows respondents to detail their positions beyond simple click-check replies.

I say that both options would increase fun and participation.

Very few posts don't eventually turn negative...and that's somewhat ok... that negativity can add value indirectly.

But a poll is a naked number...

So.47.2% of ATS really DO believe in little green men... LOL...

That either is or is not true.....no hyperbole and drama would be possible... and let polls run forever and ever...we'd see opinion evolve over time...

Just an idea.

KPB

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I want to know how many ATSers do believe in little green men and if little green men are more believed than little grey men.. because it matters

Actually i really like polls those are so much fun but they can be very informative too. In forum like ATS it just needs to be well thought out before posting as those can also be insulting. I don´t want mods to make polls lol ( no pun intended ) but i believe before posting a poll it should be accepted by the "staff"

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
The trending pages here was interesting enough. Until somebody figured out that opening new tabs would vamp their favorite thread to the top of the page. Once that information leaked into ATS mainstream certain threads were at the top for days and went on for pages and pages… about Nazi underground UFO bases at the North pole.

If they can bring that back without the loopholes… I like knowing where everyone is right now.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
That would be a great idea; however, I don not agree with non discloser.

You handle should be posred with the choice you made to avoid fraud.

I dont buy the excuse that not dislosing a persons vote protects them from others that
do not agree with them. I think if you are required to keep your vote
private then it only helps to breed a society of secrets.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Polls on this site would not be representative however due to the nature of most who frequent it.

Polling doesn't work that way.

You need samples from random people from all walks of life to get an accurate reading. It would be similar to taking a poll on politics from a republican heavy forum or democratic forum.

I suppose you could apply the results to only ATS members to gauge their overall response but it wouldn't apply to a similar group of people who have never visited this site.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I think this is a great idea, and I can't for the life of me figure out how it's not already a feature here. You can't say it's because it would generate animosity, because we already have some topic-specific threads that don't particularly deal well with differing opinions in them (the religion forum's threads come to mind as Example Numero Uno) All that means is that it's already in the process of head-butting and can't really be used much further for poo-flinging.

Blind poll options would be preferred, considering the topics on this site. a lot of people might not be too willing to have their name attached to poll option that might not be kosher with the rest, or is further out there than normal fringe. I'd be really interested in a Polling forum, you can't say there's nothing to learn about our demographics because it's not true. CT is such a widely varying alternative thing, even the ET fiends argue over what kind of alien really exists out there. It's not as black & white as "yes aliens exist/no aliens don't", and the same is equally true for other topics. Everything has a different level of interpretation or belief to it. It would be really interesting to see how all of these variations are adhered to.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

It would be interesting to see the results but you couldn't say that because a majority of ATS'ers voted one way that it is representative of the nation as a whole.

Any pollster will tell you that giving a poll to only a certain group, is not going to give you accurate results. The majority of people on this site, for instance, believe that government is too big and that law enforcement is bad. These two examples show just how skewed any poll would be in relation to anything coming close to these two topics would be.
edit on 28-10-2013 by Spookybelle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Spookybelle
reply to post by Nyiah

It would be interesting to see the results but you couldn't say that because a majority of ATS'ers voted one way that it issue representative of the nation as a whole.

Any pollster will tell you that giving a poll to only a certain group, is not going to give you accurate results. The majority of people on this site, for instance, believe that government is too big and that law enforcement is bad. These two examples show just how skewed any poll would be in relation to anything coming close to these two topics would be.

I myself have ZERO interest in what non-ATS people think. If I want to know that I just watch msnbc fox news and read some popular science forums....

KPB

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Well then an ATS exclusive poll would be just perfect for you.

I think we could probably guess at the result of any question however and have a good idea how it would turn out.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Spookybelle

I think we could probably guess at the result of any question however and have a good idea how it would turn out.

Oh? For all you know im a one-legged finnish lesbian trandgender communist reptilian phlebotomist with a severe underbite and a propensity to quote Shakespeare. Do you really claim to know how ATS members would poll?

KPB

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

KellyPrettyBear

Spookybelle

Oh? For all you know im a one-legged finnish lesbian trandgender communist reptilian phlebotomist with a severe underbite and a propensity to quote Shakespeare. Do you really claim to know how ATS members would poll?

KPB

On every issue, of course not.

On a majority of issues I am fairly confident I could predict the outcome. We all frequent this site because we do have certain things in common and although we do disagree sometimes there is a general trend that can be predicted.

Make a thread showing police abuse and I will guarantee that 90% of the posts will condemn that action before looking at all sides of the issue.

Make a thread regarding GMO food and 90% of the posts will criticize Monsanto.

Now make those same polls and apply it to say a law enforcement forum website or a scientific forum community and your results will be completely different.

Now poll the general public who probably doesn't pay much attention to any of this and you will have an entirely different result again yet one more that is more representative of the nation as a whole because the sources are randomly picked and we don't know who they represent or where their views lie.

And I have nothing against the Finnish.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Spookybelle

KellyPrettyBear

Spookybelle

KPB

On a majority of issues I am fairly confident I could predict the outcome. We all frequent this site because we do have certain things in common and although we do disagree sometimes there is a general trend that can be predicted.

Make a thread showing police abuse and I will guarantee that 90% of the posts will condemn that action before looking at all sides of the issue.

Now make those same polls and apply it to say a law enforcement forum website or a scientific forum community and your results will be completely different.

Now poll the general public who probably doesn't pay much attention to any of this and you will have an entirely different result again yet one more that is more representative of the nation as a whole because the sources are randomly picked and we don't know who they represent or where their views lie.

I've been an ATS member a few weeks..I have no idea how poll numbers would look. I'm also relatively certain I wont be the last new member.

Also so long as you write a poll with more than two choices, then you won't get polls that ask whether you are still beating your children or if you like ice cream.

KPB
edit on 28-10-2013 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Spookybelle

KellyPrettyBear

Spookybelle

KPB

I've been an ATS member a few weeks..I have no idea how poll numbers would look. I'm also relatively certain I won't be the last new member.

Also so long as you write a poll with more than two choices, then you won't get polls that ask whether you are still beating your children or if you like ice cream.

KPB

top topics

join