It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need some advice or information from a fellow lady?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
This has been my first month on the pill and I'm on a generic knock-off of Mircette (something call Azurette) and I had side effects but they evened out fairly quickly and all was well except for a facial blemish here and there. Well, now I'm on the second day of my placebo week of the pack and I just feel... I don't even know. It feels as if I'm having some sort of attack, but I've been having it all day long.

I just feel... Sad. Extremely sad. I got up today, came back to university to take a quiz I absolutely HAD to take, and then came back to this dorm room and plopped down on the bed and have spent most of the day there either fighting off tears or forcing myself to sleep. I woke up not long ago and still feel the same. I'm anxious, I'm extremely sad to the point of wanting to burst into tears, and I miss my bf even though I just saw him this morning (I slept over last night) . I'm also more or less alone and have no friends that I can go to but I just feel... Crazy. I can't get out of this cycle of moodiness and it's just so extreme that I'm a bit frightened.

I was wondering is this the lack of estrogen? Is my body maybe not hormally ready for this? Should I have just skipped the placebo week and kept on taking the active pills? I KNOW this has to be the pills. It has to be. I was feeling fine yesterday and had a great weekend and there's just no logical reason why I should be this sad this suddenly. I almost want to beg my boyfriend to leave work to travel the hour out just to console me because like I said, I just feel CRAZY. I can't seem to make it stop no matter what I do and if this is PMS, it's like PMS on steroids because I've honestly NEVER felt this way before in my life. I'm just a few seconds from going to find someone to medically help me.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Myomistress

Go to the doctor. Sometimes these pills, and I don't know about the new ones... but they can mess with your emotions because they mess with your hormones.

It sounds as if you are having a worse than normal side effect for these pills... get in to see your doctor (just tell them you are having a bad reaction you believe is from the pills and explain it, seriously point out the suddenness and its relation to which pill your taking now) and ask them if they can fit you in today...

Its important you go back to the doctor. They will need to give you a different brand of pill.

Some people have to try different brands and different doses to find the one which works best for their body. Its not one size fits all...
edit on 28-10-2013 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Myomistress

I've never understood the purpose of the placebo week.

Either way, the reason you are feeling that way is because you are probably PMSing at this time. If you haven't already started your period.

www.womenshealth.gov...

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Each pill has a different hormone level and at times it may take a different dose or brand to get the one that works best for you. As stated above you need to see your doctor ASAP to take care of this for you.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Also OP until you get this matter straight if you like to induldge in a little alcohol I wouldn't until you talk to your Doctor. Alcohol is a depressant and you could make yourself feel even more depressed. Like you said, you KNOW it's the pill doing it. So don't get overly worried you just need to get right dose for your body. And remember, this too shall pass. Take care.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I cried for two hours straight and am now just drained and depressed. I think it's because I'm not GETTING any hormones right now because I'm on the placebo pills. My period is trying to come though so I guess whatever. I just hope this doesn't mean I'll feel like this all week until I can start the white active pills again because I don't think I can take this. If I feel like this again tomorrow, I'm going to have a friend take me to the doctor and I'm going to call them and let them know that it is urgent and I don't feel like being yanked around. I was going to have my mother come and get me and take me home but she had just dropped me off a few hours before and we live an hour from here. She would have just told me to suck it up and stop being a baby anyway. The bad part is, I haven't found anyone to socialize with or anywhere to go though and am still more or less alone. I had a friend that was supposed to be spending time with me, but she never showed yet. I've been texting my boyfriend all day asking to talk, for some help, or for him to come take me home but he never responded either.

I'm hoping that I don't shoot into another fit but just... I don't know. Why would I have been perfectly fine intaking the hormones but am like this without them?

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I've never gotten along with the pill. One of the early ones I was on helped to destabilize my moods along with another medication I was taking to the point where it was ... well bad.

And I have migraines and the pill and I never got along on that score.

When I decided to get pregnant, I, of course, went off the pill, and my migraines got so much better that my husband and I decided that there were other ways to deal with birth control and if they were less effective and we wound up with a second child ... well we'd make room in our hearts and our family.

Maybe you should search around for some alternatives because you likewise might not be all that compatible with the pill.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Being in my forties now, I found out through trial and error and many doctor's visits in my 20's that I cannot take the pill, as it makes me into a hormonal rollercoaster from hell. I tried switching to various versions of the pill, low estrogen, etc., to no avail. I was finally told by doctors that some women never react well to any version of hormone pill as it alters their natural balance and that was that. I gave up on the pill as a means of birth control and haven't looked back.

It may be the particular pill you are on but it may be you are just sensitive to any hormone altering birth control. A visit to the doctor would be in order if it's causing you to feel that sad and that depressed. Hope you feel better soon. E hug.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I'm on low dose estrogen now because my doctor said that this was the best pill for women and many didn't report many side effects. PAH! I'm still exactly the same as I was a while ago and have coaxed my mother into coming to get me and taking me home where I'll stay a couple of days hoping that this calms itself down. My boyfriend is also rushing home from work (he works with his mother for about twelve hours a day) and he's going to take me to his place tonight to watch over me because he feels that this is his fault and my mother doesn't do well with helping others with emotional problems. She'll probably just tell me I'm being a pussy and that she's disappointed in me or something. My mother isn't the most supportive and some of the things that she says sometimes are borderline psychological abuse so we'll see how this goes.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Maybe ask for a lower dose from your doctor if it persists. In my first month of the pill I was similar, i think it was a way of my body of getting used to the hormones first. After the first 2 it was much better for me, my skin cleared, my nails & hair were somehow abit better. During the non-active pills where our awesome *sarcasm* monthly friend arrives, I do get PMS which involves me getting angry/upset at the smallest stupidest things. It annoys me even more that i realise that it's nothing & its just PMS. The first few months were really bad, but now being on the pill for 2 years these mood swings only last for about a day or two.

If it's really bothering you definitely go see your doctor to do something about it.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I'm feeling more myself today and sane than I have all week or in a long time. I think my body's resetting itself to the state it was before I even started the pills which is a good feeling but at the same time, I've decided to give them one more month to see if I adjust. If not, then I'm going to decide that oral contraceptives aren't the thing for my body or for me and that'll be okay. My boyfriend even made it clear that he's perfectly fine with me quitting any time I want to because it's my body and it's doing so much damage to me. He said that we'd just find something else if it didn't work out and that he cares more about me than anything. (Which SHOULD be the appropriate response I suppose if you have someone worth having at all) .

top topics

join