It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police aim guns at motorists going through checkpoint

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

When has the mainstream news ever printed articles about "pushing guns in peoples faces" at a "checkpoint". ? That's part of the problem, they DON'T. Clearly from that 1 photo provided BY THEM, it did happen, unless you're telling me the cops stood there for a photo OP with guns drawn in a civilians face for the hell of it.
edit on 28-10-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

The officer is pointing at something with his trigger finger.
Do you understand what parallax is?
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

No, I don't need or care to understand what parallax is, nor does your average civilian driving down the street. I understand what a barrel of a gun looks like in someones face, nothing else needs to be said.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

The sacromento bee, the original photo source:

A California Highway Patrol officer and another emergency responder stop a vehicle at a checkpoint near the neighborhood where a federal immigration officer was shot and three local police officers were wounded during a violent confrontation with a suspect in the Sacramento suburb of Roseville on Friday, Oct. 25, 2013.

Read more here: www.sacbee.com...=cpy

Then lets look at "policestateusa"'s caption for that photo:

An innocent citizen stares down the barrel of a rifle while driving down the street.

Yeah, no agenda there.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

So it wasn't an innocent citizen staring down the barrel of a rifle while driving down the street? Sure looks like it to me. Care to share where the AP states he is the armed suspect resisting arrest on the scene? I'll wait but I think I'll be waiting a long time..

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Well, I'm not one to shy from admitting when I may be wrong on a thing...and after reading your messages and spending some time on high zoom, really examining that very closely? Hmmmm.....

The other cop is also standing with a long rifle ready...but he can't see the driver. He's looking, apparently, at the back seat.

That makes me wonder now, given perception and angles ....is it possible the CHP's original focus wasn't on the same place? Not the driver, which he could clearly see, but the back seat which he couldn't at any distance.

Just throwing this out now as what I'm realizing IS a distinct possibility on much closer examination.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I don't mean to barge in on your convo, but how is this even relevant? Your average Joe sitting in that car isn't going to be thinking about parallaxes, finger pointing and angles. Rather something like "wow I hope he gets that gun out of my face or I'm gonna crap my pants!"

I apologize if I seem extra annoying concerning this, but there is a growing frustration with things like this going on more and more when citizens pay the salaries of these people. I'm surprised when threads like this even last this long with all the back and forth to be honest.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I've studied the image for several minutes, and it looks like the rifle is pointed just behind the driver to the back seat. But, if you notice the driver's eyes, they are looking directly at the rifle instead of up at the officer. Without more context, I'm thinking viewing angles also.

I'm fairly certain that most cops wouldn't point rifles at innocent peoples' heads unless there was a direct threat to the officer, which there was none here.

Having said that, if that was me and the rifle was pointed directly at my head, and especially if there was photographic proof like this image, I'd be all up in court.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Hi, my post is not in response to any of yours, for some reason the regular reply cloud was missing on the bottom of my page? Anyway for those who don't understand the issue of having a gun drawn or pointed at you, watch this video which has under-cover county cops incensed at a state cop for drawing a weapon on them. The state cop was correct in what he did. The purpose of showing the video is to illustrate that cops don't like having guns drawn on them from other cops. They went ballistic!

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Wookiep

I don't mean to barge in on your convo, but how is this even relevant?

Well, given that I may have read this wrong to start? I'm going to be a bit subdued at this point.

However, it would be relevant...IF that is what we're seeing here...if the guy they were hunting for was laying flat in the back seat with a gun pointed at the rear of the drivers seat.

Then, the driver couldn't do so much as say Boo for help, and the only way to get the situation under control without seeing the driver shot in the back (recall who they were hunting, and what he'd already done for shooting people that day) would be to get the drop on the backseat at the same time or a second before the bad guy realized what was coming, pointing straight at him already, and from two directions.

That would explain why they'd have guns 'up' from both sides of the vehicle at once, and focusing on the back ...again, IF that is what we're seeing ..and I'm just not sure.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Ok, I get what you are saying. Yes, IF that is the case, seems like a big if to me though. If someone was evading the cops in the back seat with a gun drawn it would seem someone would have mentioned it as part of the photo description, no? Just seems like stretching to me is all..

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

overratedpatriotism
reply to post by benrl

Hey that's racial profiling even though the perpetrator was a bald Hispanic man and they had a recent picture of him you have to treat everyone equally...

And remember class this is why we should never visit The People's Republic of Southern California.

Umm, this was not 10 miles away from my home in Fair Oaks, north east of Sacramento. N. Kalifornia.
I wonder how many people exercised their rights and let the storm...err state troopers know they did not CONSENT to unwarranted or illegal searches.
But I do agree with you, don't visit the state, I'm working like hell to get to free America.
Soon, soon...

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Spookybelle

I would say your confidence is driven by wishful thinking. The media reports police abuse more? it's only alternative media reporting whereas there was only the MSM 20 years ago who would actually report government misconduct back in the day. Not any more though and if they do it's only because they have no alternative and cat is out the bag so to speak.

Police behavior, training and hiring practices all have deteriorated over the last 2 decades. New recruits are dumber and more aggressive than ever. Every day in the US police abuse their powers and their increasing trend towards militarization in not only weapons but tactics and mindset plays a role in that abuse. The police drive armored cars and every one is now armed with a fully automatic M4 battle rifle and body armor, complete with helmet.

The Federal government has declared the US a "battlefield" and many of these cops want to pretend they're special forces. Cops never used to point a weapon at people who pose no threat. They think they can do anything they want because they have a badge. Shooting family pets was never standard procedure before.

The police who do their jobs and respect the rights of the people are awesome in my book. It's a hard job. The guys committing crimes while on the force believe in shooting first any time they think there might be a threat. Usually they get off with no charges even filed but will often lose a civil suit brought against them.

Police brutality on the rise is just one more sign of the times - a government out of control run by egotists who think public service means getting everything they can personally out of it.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
So in the police video, what does the command "yo, yo", mean? I would hate to be shot for non compliance because I didn't know what to do when I hear that phase.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

roadgravel
So in the police video, what does the command "yo, yo", mean? I would hate to be shot for non compliance because I didn't know what to do when I hear that phase.

I'll translate that for you, lol. It means hey you, yeah you! Those county cops were later reprimanded for being such unprofessional 'roid-ragers. I believe the video is an example of the current generation of egotistical, power-trip, cop/thugs.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Cops are different now. Just because something has happened in the past it does not mean it is not getting worse. You need to use your perceptions.

Police have become quasi-military and super paranoia. Where have you been, watching reruns of Ronald Reagan speeches all day everyday? lol

Do not be such an apologist.

This action like the rifle pointed at the all American boy looking man in that video is only happening because they have pushed this idea that they do not nor should not profile.

I have never read a post of yours that did not leave me thinking. "This person cannot be serious? Do some people really think like this?"

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

So if I have my gun in my hand on my property next to yours because you were being creepy it would not matter if I pointed it between your eyes?

It should not be done because its crap your pants scary and this should never happen in a free nation. This happens EVERYTIME in a police state though.

Why do you refuse to understand this important fundamental fact that any 5th grade student would comprehend. What is you agenda?

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I am not ready to swallow the parallax theory.
The officer is standing well in front of the driver, with his hips even with the side mirror on the car. His hips are facing parallel with the side of the car. Look at the butt of the rifle. It is on his right shoulder. His right hand is reaching across to grip the pistol grip. Notice that his right elbow is forward... at about a 30 degree angle from vertical.
Try it with your own arm. Put your elbow forward like that... now raise your hand to the level even with the top of your sternum.
Where is your hand at now?
When I do it, my right hand is in front of the left side of my chest.
Remember that the rifle butt is on your right shoulder. If you don't have a rifle, try this using a stick or something. Try it. Where is the gun or stick pointed? Approximately 45 degrees to the left of the direction that your hips are facing.

If he is aiming into the back seat, he would have to be about 6 feet away from the side of the car. It appears to me that he is standing very close to the car, as in inches away.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

In Ca the law enforcement community refers to the CHP as "AAA with a gun".. CHP meaning "Cant Handle Policework"..

..it is indeed frightening to see them armed with anything but a cite-book..

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

My question is , what " Probable Cause " did that Officer have for pointing a Rifle Barrel Directly in that Drivers Face who had Both of his Hands on the Steering Wheel of his Car in that Picture ? Answer , NONE . He did not Resemble the Suspect they were looking for and that Officer Knew that . To me , he Commited the Crime of Assault and should be Arrested and tried in Court . I wonder how a Judge would decide his Fate ? Jail Time IMO.............

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join