It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Invention of Lying

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Have you seen this movie yet ?

Here`s the movie trailer...

..And best moment...

...and the full movie which I think it`s interesting and fun to watch.
www.veoh.com...

It`s basically an alternative reality where lying doesn`t exist at all for as tough it may be in certain situations.

Then, there is this guy whose mother is dying at the hospital and is in panic with fear, so, for this "good" reason he tries to calm her down by inventing (lying) about the "good things" that will happen to her after she dies. He also invents "the man in the sky" (God) to justify all he`s telling her. Of course she doesn`t question him a bit.

It happens some nurses and doctors hear him talking with his mother and spread the news on what will happen after they die. Soon, the "whole" world through the media and a crowd of people doesn`t leave his door making him tell more and more lies in order to reply all their questions.

Jim Carrey at "Compulsive lier" is forced agaisnt his will to tell the truth, but this is in our world making it very different from the movie I`m talking about.

This makes me wonder: Would a world without lies be better than the one we know, even if the truth can be very hard sometimes ?

My answer is YES, what about yours ? ......Just imagine all the politicians telling the truth, lol

edit on 28-10-2013 by CosmicDude because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
It's a little old actually, but definitely a gem.

"I want to have sex with you but I'm fat and ugly and stand no chance." something like that, I still remember from it. Gold.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Yep, lol ....it has some funny moments

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
So, no one else seen this movie ?

new topics

top topics

join