It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Musings About Things, Halloween Is Close. What Do You Think About All We Were Taught About Halloween

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Day of the Dead (Dia de los Muertos)

In Mexico 'halloween' is a big deal....they set up 'altars', and artifacts/photos of their deceased loved ones....

they set out food, drink, and whatever the 'deceased' enjoyed in life. It's a way of CELEBRATING THE LIFE of the deceased loved one.

Candles, incense, etc. It's NOT a "summoning" of spirits or demons.....
it's to HONOR one's lost ancestors/pets/whomever.

And Latin America is WAY Catholic.

Just so y'all know.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

wildtimes
reply to post by Cuervo

The lesson to be learned is by observing the season and seeing that death is required for the new birth of the following year. For me, it's much deeper than that but that is what is common among many who celebrate it as Samhain.

Has anyone mentioned yet that it's pronounced "SOW-an"?

Brightest, cuervo.

I knew that one.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

wildtimes
reply to post by WarminIndy

Some are Gardenian Wiccans, while some are eclectic or solitary.

Yes. LOTS are 'eclectic' and 'solitary'. The latter is what I practiced.

Solitary....

Meaning, you do whatever seems to 'fit' with your understanding of the elemental-force access. It varies for EVERYONE....

just like Christians aren't all the same.

There are some that my brother calls "fluffy bunnies". He is Celtic Pagan and rejects every name created by a person, so he just says "force". He doesn't believe in the academic magick.

He informed me the other day that there are "sparkle vampires", which tend to be influenced by Twilight.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

All Hallows eve was never a Catholic holiday. All Souls day is Nov 1.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
1. Kids love it and its their favorite time except for christmas. So no matter what they do and arrange on this night behidn the scenes and try to code to the dark side, the KIDS WIN HANDS DOWN, and the people transform this day into gift giving, candy and communities pulling together FOR KIDS. Despite the hollywood killer masks and all the stupid commercial aspects, we still have taken their day and transformed it.

That being said:

2. Sacrifices of humans and animals, rituals, are taking place in every area on the map practically, so pray nonstop for people to wake up enough to bust all of those groups, and rescue all the victims all the time. But it takes numbers, one brave soul can't do it. SO...pray that all those they intend to harm are rescued and healed and placed in safe homes if they're babies, AND that powerful and very very protective archangels take control, and all the positive ETs as well, and totally stop their crapola, AND blue beam the bad guys up and annally probe them until they never ever ever meet in secret with other bad buys again but look over their shoulders and pray for help themselves.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join