It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This just made me wonder..re our pets

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

You would be correct in that,Sir,they Are better than us.
And as I have been reading through this thread,I just suddenly got a stone-cold chill-to-the-spine thought,as I read over one of my own replies(the best of species on the planet seeming determined and hellbent on serving,loving+protecting unto their own their own death even,the worst of species-mankind..and this thought came to me-you will understand,I think,why this is both a wondermous and horrible thought at the same time:
What if they are waiting for us,to,through the example They set-become like them..and they will never,never give up,because the Spirit that is within them makes them unable to give up,even on a species as fallen as mankind.
People often say:prove that there is a "Higher Power"..well maybe the proof has been with us since caveman days-and we just never saw it.

edit on 29-10-2013 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

All i can add to that statement,Happy1, is this:

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
i my self would use a trained hawk or falcon...with a camera attachment...it can also hunt small game and bring it back.

when the power goes down old method will come back into use such as pigeons...a good blood hound is always a use creature...but silence becomes very important...thing with dogs is they become food....remember...this is when shtf...it becomes about survival...it is not about pets at that point.

dogs can also lead strangers right back to you...i mean i am hungry and i see a well fed animal...it has to be getting fed from somewhere.

there are pluses...but there are a great many negatives also...cats are mych more anonmynous i would think...but would be less useful...i think when shtf and survival mode kicks in...it will just be dog eat dog....where survival comes fown to the individusl and you are best to jyst go it alone.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by plube

The hawk is a nifty idea:-)
You make good points,but I cannot imagine life without dogs,no way,or cats,for that matter.
Yes in a really grim situation I can see a stranger's dog becoming something seen as a survival food,but then,so would killing and eating other humans be seen as a way of desperate all-out survival.I think,to be quite honest,a lot of folks would rather go for a person than their Own dog(s)if they were really honestly starving to death-as dogs for most people are either Family,or just one step down from their children.
Good points,though-and certainly in such a scenario I would send only a really well-trained dog in a r
Really dire emergency,to keep the dog safe as possible.As in,if we don't send the dog to the SOS contact now,one of us,or all of us die-and the poor dog is alone in a hostile world then,anyway.As in,it is our one+only shot at survival.
Which is what I envisage this type of training to be-really only as a severe-emergency aid, in time of dire+life-threatening emergency.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join